Seahawks drafts over 2012-2021

OP
OP
GGotskill

GGotskill

Reaction score
Because I want to. Sorry if that hurts your feelings. When this this site become extra mega sensitive dot net?

No offense, but this thread has a specific topic. You came in arguing with people as to why they were posting ON TOPIC. If you can't participate without disrupting the thread, then find a different thread to post in.

beastalamode

Reaction score
There were definitely some big misses that hurt us. The one I always remember is Christine Michael instead of Travis Kelce :-(

sdog1981

Reaction score
There were definitely some big misses that hurt us. The one I always remember is Christine Michael instead of Travis Kelce :-(
You will pull your hair out if you look at the draft that way. Who would Kelce be on this team in the Bevell offense they were running? Not the KC version of Kelce.
Looking at the position and seeing who was drafted next at the same position gives a better insight to how bad the pick truly was. Like Michael was an awful pick and all the running back picked after him sucked too.

LJ Collier. The next DE taken was Zach Allen in the 3rd round. So it was a bad reach at a thin position.

chris98251

Reaction score
Just remember, a player can have loads of talent but if not used to exploit what he does well it's a waste also. Kinda like having a sprinter in a weightlifting competition, not a great fit of talent to the task asked of them. We shuffled OC's a lot, we have also changed DC's pretty routinely compared to the rest of the league. Each scheme relies on skill sets to execute and if you change the scheme your player skill sets may not match well. Some were just bad choices and others well you can't fix mental lapses in judgement or things like learning issues. We have had a few of them also and tried to accommodate and work around but they have not panned out well. Michael was an example of that as is Eskridge. That doesn't include injuries that seem to bite a lot of our picks in Training camp that carry over and seem to take forever to get right.

The reaches are successful later since there isn't as much pressure I think for them to work out and we let them go a year or two later. First round and even second, you want a player that is going to be on the field right away at least as a rotational guy. That is what hurts us.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Just remember, a player can have loads of talent but if not used to exploit what he does well it's a waste also. Kinda like having a sprinter in a weightlifting competition, not a great fit of talent to the task asked of them. We shuffled OC's a lot, we have also changed DC's pretty routinely compared to the rest of the league. Each scheme relies on skill sets to execute and if you change the scheme your player skill sets may not match well. Some were just bad choices and others well you can't fix mental lapses in judgement or things like learning issues. We have had a few of them also and tried to accommodate and work around but they have not panned out well. Michael was an example of that as is Eskridge. That doesn't include injuries that seem to bite a lot of our picks in Training camp that carry over and seem to take forever to get right.

The reaches are successful later since there isn't as much pressure I think for them to work out and we let them go a year or two later. First round and even second, you want a player that is going to be on the field right away at least as a rotational guy. That is what hurts us.
sure, we changed OC and DC's a lot, but the core of both the offense and defense looked very similar. In fact, when Schottenheimer came here, Carroll explicitly said the playbook was going to remain the same.

I know that Schneider and Carroll were really big on analytics back in the day such as SPARQ. I wonder if that had anything to do with some of our picks.

chris98251

Reaction score
Looking the same and having the same check downs and prioritys are different. Besides Wilson would not run the schemes as designed anyway on offense. The DC's level of aggressiveness varied as well.