Seahawks DISCUSSING Baker Mayfield, GO GET HIM

James in PA

Reaction score
WmHBonney":wmufk9xf said:
nanomoz":wmufk9xf said:
He might come at such a discount, as in, the Browns are taking almost nothing for another team to take on his salary. (If they do acquire Watson.)

Latest is that Browns are no longer in the running for Watson. Neither is Carolina. Two horse race now...Saints vs Falcons. Also, Browns claiming that Baker is not going to be traded. (Seems that we have recently heard this before.)
The Browns are full of shit. They are done with him. They think they can do just as well with Keenum. Just trying to drive up the price on Baker. Relax John, nothing more than a 3rd rounder, tops!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
They may look at him, but he is a wild card Farve type, not sure Pete can handle someone like that well as his QB.

keasley45

Reaction score
Not even worth the 2 year detour for a 3rd rounder.

How many known, questionable talents do we need at the position?

Elemas

Reaction score
Pass.

*Edit*

Whew. Browns denying the request. I’m glad that’s over.

Amc82

Reaction score
Get Baker! He’s not the future but he’s miles better then anything else we have right now.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Wife says NO NO NO on Mayfield, but oddly 'yes' to Fitzpatrick - if he were available. I think it's the beard.

I agree with several. Go with Lock. Save Draft Capital. Build defense and OLine this year. Worry about drafting a dude next draft.

Sorry - misquoted the wife: "**** no. Under no circumstances Mayfield. NO NO NO NO."

Sorry about that.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm not spending significant draft capital on Baker Mayfield. Maybe a 3rd rounder, but that's it.

Not for a stop gap head case that isn't our long term answer at QB. Hell I'd rather sign Gardner Minshew or go get Tyler Huntley for a much lower draft pick package then the 20M we'd have to pay Mayfield for 2022.

Shaz Magoon

Reaction score
Getting a guy who's just as bad as Russ throwing in the middle of the field and just as oblivious to wide open receivers?

Hard pass

massari

Reaction score
Baker Mayfield makes the Hawks an 8-9 team, and they miss out on the top QBs in the 2023 draft.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
"A source" says the Hawks are interested. What source?

This is just noise, it may make some sense but if Cleveland was prepared to move on from Mayfield what would be a fair trade. Perhaps not much.

My heavens the FO in Cleveland is stupid with the 'he's not a grown man' comments. Then publicly Jonesing for a trade for Watson while saying publicly through the stupid owner "we want a grown man as our QB" or whatever similar insulting comment to/about Mayfield that was made.

This is not really something that might happen w/o the Hawks paying a steeper price than the player may be worth to acquire him.

James in PA

Reaction score
GemCity":2p23ad3o said:
Pass.

*Edit*

Early negotiating tactic by Cleveland. He's done in Cleveland. Seattle should be able to get him for a good price if they remain patient.

Elemas

Reaction score
James in PA":12yy9lju said:
GemCity":12yy9lju said:
Pass.

*Edit*

Early negotiating tactic by Cleveland. He's done in Cleveland. Seattle should be able to get him for a good price if they remain patient.

Ahhh. I can imagine this. If we do have an opportunity, I hope it’s no more than Lock and maybe a 2nd.

CPHawk

Reaction score
He isn’t great, but if he lands in SF, they could go to the SB. He’s that much better than the trash they had love now.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Mayfield isn't a good QB and he's a turnover machine hell no i'd rather see what we have with Lock.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1m0f93qn said:
Mayfield isn't a good QB and he's a turnover machine hell no i'd rather see what we have with Lock.

Agree, Lock is the best option for a bridge QB. Baker? No way. Combine stubbornness with gross immaturity and you have a QB that's more trouble than he's worth. Baker has a good arm and a bad head. And while Pete sometimes takes flyers on guys with issues, the Richard Shermans and Earl Tohomases of the world, those guys can be turned around for a few years with the right coaching. Baker's a lost cause. Hard pass.

Latest posts