Seahawks 2022 realistic mock draft

RunDownhill

Reaction score
Here is my realistic 2022 mock draft for the Seahawks.

In this mock I have them trading down twice in the 1st round. Then late in the 2nd round they trade up for a player.

!st round #22 (LT) Tulsa, Tyler Smith, 6' 5" 324 lbs. Smith isn't the athlete that Trevor Penning is, but Penning's balance is that of a newborn deer. Smith is a plus run blocker.

2nd round #40 (ILB) Georgia, Channing Tindall, 6'2" 230 lbs. Tindall is a run and hit ILB. Tindall is a speed demon.

2nd round #41 (LG) TENNESSEE-CHATTANOOGA, Cole Strange, 6'5" 307 lbs. Strange is an understated tough guy.
The first video is his team playing SEC Kentucky. Strange looked like a man in this game, he plays to the whistle.

this next video is interview of him. He comes across as a team leader that can set the bully mentality on the o-line.

2nd round #53 (OLB/DE) Mississippi, Sam Williams, 6'4" 260 lbs. Williams is a 1st round talent but being projected as in the 2nd to 3rd round.
Here is Williams in 2019 as an OLB in a 3-4, which he would be for us. He has since develped into a better pass rusher, but here you can get a glimpse into what he looks like as an OLB in a 3-4.

2nd round #60 (OC) Memphis, Dylan Parham, 6'3" 311 lbs. He played OG, but projects to OC as well. Parham isn't the athlete that a few other centers in the draft, but he is for me a better OC prospect than Jurgens or Zach Tom.

3rd round #77 (CB) Nebraska, Cam Taylor-Britt, 5'11" 196 lbs. Britt hits like a SS but plays CB. He comes across as a team leader, and a dog on the field.

5th round #152 (S) Louisiana, Percy Butler, 6'0" 194 lbs. Butler is a fast (4.36 40-yard dash) big hitting safety/special teams player. He has been on a top-30 team visit to the Seahawks.

5th round #153 (OLB) Montana State, Daniel Hardy, 6'2" 235 lbs. Hardy is another top-30 team visit to the Seahawks. Hardy had a 40 inch vert, 34 inch arm length, 4.57 40, 6.78 3-cone. He would provide us legit depth at pass rush OLB.

7th round #229 (RB) Sacred Heart, Julius Chestnut, 5'10" 228 lbs. He has good size and speed, 4.47 40. He is worth taking a late round flier on.

Last edited:

sutz

Reaction score
Seems a bit OL heavy to me. I'll admit we need an LT of the future, but why so many interior linemen?

And why ILB? An edge LB that can rush the passer I can see, but I think we're kind of set there to draft so high.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I’m high on the defensive talent in this draft but my dream draft would be the Seahawks landing all three of these O-Linemen either by trading down and then up: Trevor Penning, Tyler Lindenbaum, and Abraham Lucas.

So I guess I would agree that the biggest weakness is the O-line and that if they can solidify it through this draft and make it a foundational strength, get all these young guys together and let them galvanize I think for the future it would pay off in the long run in terms of needing to rely on generational talent at QB to be successful as I believe the scheme with our skill players and Oline can make up the difference.

OP
OP
R

RunDownhill

Reaction score
Seems a bit OL heavy to me. I'll admit we need an LT of the future, but why so many interior linemen?

And why ILB? An edge LB that can rush the passer I can see, but I think we're kind of set there to draft so high.
I took the three o-lineman because I would like to the offensive line solidified this year. We need a LT, LG, OC, and a RT. There are a lot of good interior o-line prospects in this draft. There a some great athletic o-lineman that need refinement and there are more plug and play guys that have lower ceilings with higher floors. The consensus seems to be, which I agree, that moving Damien Lewis back to RG will be best for him.

We need another starting ILB for our 3-4 defense. Cody Barton may benefit from this new scheme but I feel he is just a good back up ILB. Channing Tindall has eye opening speed. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if Tindall was drafted in the back end of the 1st round.

OP
OP
R

RunDownhill

Reaction score
I’m high on the defensive talent in this draft but my dream draft would be the Seahawks landing all three of these O-Linemen either by trading down and then up: Trevor Penning, Tyler Lindenbaum, and Abraham Lucas.

So I guess I would agree that the biggest weakness is the O-line and that if they can solidify it through this draft and make it a foundational strength, get all these young guys together and let them galvanize I think for the future it would pay off in the long run in terms of needing to rely on generational talent at QB to be successful as I believe the scheme with our skill players and Oline can make up the difference.
With all the draft capital we have this year, there is a lot of ways we can manipulate the board to draft. I agree, I can see the Seahawks trading into the back half of the 1st round for a Tyler Lindenbaum, or pass rusher, or QB, or Perrion Winfrey.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Drew Brees was at his best when the 3 middle guys gave him a pocket to step up in to. Sean Payton spent a lot of money and draft capitol, plus a Pro Bowl TE in exchange for a Pro Bowl center to give that to Drew.