Seahawks 1st round 2023

5thgen

Reaction score
When QBs have all day to throw, it doesn't matter how good your secondary is.

GemCity

Reaction score
With Anderson and Richardson gone, Carter was my next choice but….there were certainly concerns.

I thought if they selected him, the issues or rumors (whatever the case) were negligible.

Being that they didn’t, and it was a huge position of need for us, I’m wondering if this dudes going to last. Philly may have been the best spot for him considering ex-Bulldogs and Smith going with him. It’s almost as if he needs a support structure…

I had Gonzales over Spoon but, Pete is the DB Whisperer.

Was hoping for maybe Smith or Wilson in that 5 spot if the three I mentioned were gone or off our board.

Definitely happy though. My first thought was how the hell is someone going to throw against us now?

JSN…unbelievable. This dude is going to be incredible for us. I watched him live and he didn’t come off as being a speed demon like Tyreek Hill…not a physical phenom like DK.

He’s only good at running precise routes and catching every damn ball thrown his way. 😂😂. “Only”….

I’m more excited for Day 2 then I would’ve been had we went where most of us expected.

Future is bright!!

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Players rarely finish their careers with the same team anymore. Best player available has never been more important than it is right now. I absolutely believe that the team just took the best players on their board. It doesn't mean they didn't want Kancey or Richardson or whomever. The players just didn't fall to them. In the long run, roster equity tends to find a way to pay off. To have players that other teams covet is not a bad thing. That is what the BPA ideology does for you. It comes with the caveat that you can't get attached to any given player and must be willing to let your favorites go if a younger, cheaper version arrives.

Regardless, valuable players are tradeable players. Belichek played that game for years while maintaining their dynasty. Richard Seymour comes to mind. Are you kidding me? Richard Seymour was a dominant stud. But the Patriots went younger and cheaper. And they got some pretty good return for Seymour. The team stayed young for years doing this.
Best player avail can work but really what if the best player avail is the same position for 3 straight picks. It’s a dumb strategy. Cause then you never fill a need.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Cool. I was just trying to get what people's take on him. Scrapper?clutch? possession style? I'm sure lots of post draft stuff will be a long shortly.

I'm not freaking out either way but that's because I didn't really track offensive players. Didn't think about it 😆 I'm sure he'll be a great Seahawk
The broadcast I was listening to said Doug Baldwin, almost as soon as the pick was announced. We could use a little ADB.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Best player avail can work but really what if the best player avail is the same position for 3 straight picks. It’s a dumb strategy. Cause then you never fill a need.

That's true in fantasy football, where the whole team is built in a draft, but NFL teams have more options available to fill needs.
Also, this is only the first round. The Seahawks still have eight more picks in this draft, including three today (two in the second round and one in the third).

rjdriver

Reaction score
Goal number one is to win the division...

These picks (particularly DW) are tailor made to accomplish that goal.

The Rams spread out three WR's (with Cooper Cupp coming back) and the 49ers utilize Kittle and sometimes McCaffery as essentially a third wide receiver. Teaming up Tariq, Bryant, and now Witherspoon (who will help mitigate YAC) is bound to produce some epic battles. I can't wait!

Now lets let JS work his legendary midround magic and pick up some defensive lineman and maybe a center.

GemCity

Reaction score
I’m not for trading down this year unless we absolutely rake someone over the coals.

This is one of our richest drafts…ever. Bring on the D-Line, OG or Center, LB and cowbell-going-to-get-these-3-damn-yards-no-matter-what-run-yo-ass-over-RB and *let’s ride.

*Ahem…let’s go
Let’s go Chardonnay (or however you spell your name 😉).