Schneider talking past drafts during press conference

seabowl

Reaction score
I was watching the Macdonald press conference and heard something interesting. When John Schneider was talking, he mentioned how the Seahawks and Ravens over the years have communicated back-and-forth that the other team just drafted the player they were about to take. I’m just curious, without going back and looking, what players do you think the Ravens drafted ahead of the Hawks that we wanted and vice versa?

TwilightError

Reaction score
2020 Brooks and Queen went back to back. That could have been one, although Queen was widely speculated as a high pick and Brooks was not.. And Seattle picked first.

sutz

Reaction score
2020 Brooks and Queen went back to back. That could have been one, although Queen was widely speculated as a high pick and Brooks was not.. And Seattle picked first.
That speculation is usually from the talking heads, not the GMs. Most teams try to prepare their draft boards in stealth mode and avoid leaking their intentions.

olyfan63

Reaction score
IIRC Witherspoon was mentioned as being a player both teams were looking at.
As a wild guess... maybe Mike Morris and Oluwatimi, the Michigan connection. Possibly Boye Mafe, he'd excel in the Ravens scheme.
I'd guess possibly KWIII last year and JSN this year.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I will go back even further in the 2003 draft the Ravens selected Terrell Suggs with the 10th pick than the Hawks took Marcus Trufant With the 11th pick. I was highly disappointed in losing out on Suggs

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
I will go back even further in the 2003 draft the Ravens selected Terrell Suggs with the 10th pick than the Hawks took Marcus Trufant With the 11th pick. I was highly disappointed in losing out on Suggs
I remember that I was very disappointed as well.

Latest posts