Schefter: M.Bennett having surgery, will be out 2-3 weeks

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
pcbball12":14j5ey26 said:
Seahwkgal":14j5ey26 said:
Hawk-Lock":14j5ey26 said:
This is a good time for the surgery. With or without him, I think we go 2-1 over the next three weeks.
I wish I could be as optimistic as you. 2-1 against Buffalo, NE and Philadelphia. WOW, just WOW.
:laugh:
Buffalo and Philly at home. Pretty easy case to be made that we should go 2-1 in those 3 games.
I would agree with an average OLine, healthy QB, Michael Bennett and Kam. In fact, with that scenario, I say we go 3-0. It is what it is. We are banged up at the wrong point in our schedule. I so want to be wrong but I see the reality of the situation and it's not good.

pcbball12

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1abeei9d said:
pcbball12":1abeei9d said:
Seahwkgal":1abeei9d said:
Hawk-Lock":1abeei9d said:
This is a good time for the surgery. With or without him, I think we go 2-1 over the next three weeks.
I wish I could be as optimistic as you. 2-1 against Buffalo, NE and Philadelphia. WOW, just WOW.
Buffalo and Philly at home. Pretty easy case to be made that we should go 2-1 in those 3 games.
I would agree with an average OLine, healthy QB, Michael Bennett and Kam. In fact, with that scenario, I say we go 3-0. It is what it is. We are banged up at the wrong point in our schedule. I so want to be wrong but I see the reality of the situation and it's not good.
We have been without Kam since before playing Atlanta, was without Mike B half of the Atlanta game (as well as without Frank Clark), and Russ looks like he is moving much better than he was since getting hurt. The doom and gloom is kind of silly to me. Mccray has played very well in place of Kam and Frank should hold the fort until Bennett is healthy. Not dismissing the importance of those two players, we are definitely better with them than without. But even without them, we are still a top 5 defense in this league. O-Line has been bad, but it will only get better. This team without those players should go 2-1. I wouldn't even rule out New England even though it is in a tough situation playing in Foxborough after a Monday night game. This team should get up for that one regardless of circumstances.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":39mmx011 said:
2-3 usually means 4-6. I have already given up on making the play offs. It is what it is.

You never answered: who from the NFC West is making the playoffs if not Seattle?

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":2nlsvjs1 said:
Seahwkgal":2nlsvjs1 said:
2-3 usually means 4-6. I have already given up on making the play offs. It is what it is.

You never answered: who from the NFC West is making the playoffs if not Seattle?
I still think our main competition is Arizona even with our lead. A lot of games yet to play. Even if we win the Division, home field advantage is done unless we miraculously get healthy RIGHT NOW.

Hawks46

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":w5w9fhjt said:
Seahwkgal":w5w9fhjt said:

Arizona is putting on their mid season tear right now. They're playing great and Palmer is still healthy. Errr. wait, what ?

I still think we go 1-2 in the next 3 games yet still win the division. We'd still likely have a 1 game lead over AZ. Thing is, I honestly think we're 1 and done in the playoffs no matter what week we play. Our offense is scoring 15 ppg right now and that's not going to cut it.

Can things change ? Sure. But as of right now, IF we win the division, we're 1 and done. Nothing to be excited about really.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2g7haqfr said:
pcbball12":2g7haqfr said:
Seahwkgal":2g7haqfr said:
Hawk-Lock":2g7haqfr said:

Don't forget that we aren't the only team with injury woes. The Bills make us look like an ironman. They are basically down to their #3 and #4 WR's. Their #2 WR they signed off the street a month ago (Justin Hunter). There is a reason why they brought Harvin back, because they literally have no one to play WR. Not to mention they could be without their best offensive player, LeSean McCoy.

The Eagles are very injured upfront on their Oline. I believe they will be without 2 or 3 of their starting offensive linemen this week.

Even at full strength I doubt we would go into Brady's house and beat him. They are playing flawless football, and I honestly don't see anyone who can get in their way of the SB.

But we can easily take care of the Eagles and Bills at home. Neither of those teams are good offensively. And it amazes me how many people here on .NET underestimate the CLink. We rarely lose games at home. We should be sizable favorites in both the home games.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2g9b9b3k said:
CodeWarrior":2g9b9b3k said:
Seahwkgal":2g9b9b3k said:

I still think our main competition is Arizona even with our lead. A lot of games yet to play. Even if we win the Division, home field advantage is done unless we miraculously get healthy RIGHT NOW.
I wish you gave up on Michigan as easily.You need to get healthy with positive thoughts..It's not all bad as it seems.The team will be just fine.Russ is losing the brace and we get our RB back soon..The best is yet to come!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Hawks46":1tahvvy0 said:
CodeWarrior":1tahvvy0 said:
Seahwkgal":1tahvvy0 said:

Arizona is putting on their mid season tear right now. They're playing great and Palmer is still healthy. Errr. wait, what ?

I still think we go 1-2 in the next 3 games yet still win the division. We'd still likely have a 1 game lead over AZ. Thing is, I honestly think we're 1 and done in the playoffs no matter what week we play. Our offense is scoring 15 ppg right now and that's not going to cut it.

Can things change ? Sure. But as of right now, IF we win the division, we're 1 and done. Nothing to be excited about really.

Exactly about the 1-2. I just made a major bet with an old friend that is a Bills fan. I am gonna lose this one...I can just feel it. Rats. I should have drank a beer and said no. LOL

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I'm wondering if there is any chance that Michael Bennett is back for Sunday's game against the Eagles.

sutz

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3lr0u9hx said:
I'm wondering if there is any chance that Michael Bennett is back for Sunday's game against the Eagles.
Hopefully, Pete will address this at his Mon presser.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Bennett may be out another 2-3 weeks would be my guess. You will hear of them practicing at least a week before they play.

McGruff

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3vo2oi1i said:
Hawk-Lock":3vo2oi1i said:

Two down, 1 to go!

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3kduhpnt said:

Are we still scheduled to miss the playoffs?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, don't forget that we only pick our team because of our "Rose colored glasses"
No playoffs and going 0 for 3 in these 3 games :roll:
Giving up on THIS team, esp. the way they play in November on is beyond ridiculous.