SB MVP QB Available

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I find Petes delusion on QB talent on our current roster annoying. How could he possibly believe that non sense? It really does seem like they are tanking this year but putting on an act. How do you not even use one of your seventh round picks on Carson Strong?
The same Carson Strong that literally every other team in the NFL passed on as many times as they physically were able to?

That Carson Strong?

The one rumored to have an absolutely disgusting knee and is about as big of a medical red flag as can be, and is only probably a fourth round talent anyway?

You somehow think that the performative act of throwing Carson Strong a bone, the same Carson Strong that nobody thinks enough of to spend a single asset on him, would change anything? At all?

I think there's delusion somewhere in this scenario, but it's not where you think it is.

GemCity

Reaction score
They’ll comPete…and fair about as well as we all expect. You just can’t come out and say you’re tanking…

I think they’ll try to win every game yet I don’t think for one second that they feel they’re making the playoffs or winning the division.

But, there’s light at the end of the tunnel. This years draft hints at that!

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
They’ll comPete…and fair about as well as we all expect.
I’m confused (admittedly not hard to do with some things posted in here). Fans expect very different things on this site; what could you possibly mean? (and the word is “fare,” not “fair”)

fullquartpress

Reaction score
I find Petes delusion on QB talent on our current roster annoying. How could he possibly believe that non sense? It really does seem like they are tanking this year but putting on an act. How do you not even use one of your seventh round picks on Carson Strong?
My incorrect thread-title-guess was "Joe Flacco", Super Bowl XLVII MVP, and 2019 teammate/mentor of Drew Lock.
But then I read Joe's a Jet, and I have my doubts whether Joe had any interest in mentoring Lock 3 years ago...fair enough.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
The same Carson Strong that literally every other team in the NFL passed on as many times as they physically were able to?

That Carson Strong?

The one rumored to have an absolutely disgusting knee and is about as big of a medical red flag as can be, and is only probably a fourth round talent anyway?

You somehow think that the performative act of throwing Carson Strong a bone, the same Carson Strong that nobody thinks enough of to spend a single asset on him, would change anything? At all?

I think there's delusion somewhere in this scenario, but it's not where you think it is.
He was picked up and given an above average free agent deal (by the Eagles a very well run franchise). So spending a seventh is hardly delusional. Nor is it costing the team much either. I doubt either one of those Wr's will make the team so why not take a shot at the most important position in the game.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
He was picked up and given an above average free agent deal (by the Eagles a very well run franchise). So spending a seventh is hardly delusional. Nor is it costing the team much either. I doubt either one of those Wr's will make the team so why not take a shot at the most important position in the game.
I mean, Eleby was a pretty draftable prospect, and he's coming to camp.

I have my doubts about Levi, but he's arguably as good of a prospect too.

I don't see either one of them as substantially worse than Strong as a prospect. Just because they didn't spend an asset to pick one up doesn't mean it's delusional. Those two guys probably have about the same chance of sticking that Carson did - which is a pretty small chance, as Drew Lock is a better young quarterback in most every way.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I mean, Eleby was a pretty draftable prospect, and he's coming to camp.

I have my doubts about Levi, but he's arguably as good of a prospect too.

I don't see either one of them as substantially worse than Strong as a prospect. Just because they didn't spend an asset to pick one up doesn't mean it's delusional. Those two guys probably have about the same chance of sticking that Carson did - which is a pretty small chance, as Drew Lock is a better young quarterback in most every way.
I said its delusional to think the 2 QB's we have are capable of leading the Seahawks to wins. Carson Strong had talk of being a round one pick until he injured his Knee. He has a well above average arm, and good stats.
I realize Lock has those traits too but we have three more years of data on Lock at this point and he has failed the test unequivocally. Denver gave up on him for a reason. He was terrible. They had every reason to give him every chance in the world and they were desperate to move on.
Take a shot on a QB this year and if it doesn't work try again next year. Why pass completely? I don't care if they liked Lock coming out and would have had him rated higher. Like I said we have three more years of data to look at and he isn't an NFL caliber QB.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I said its delusional to think the 2 QB's we have are capable of leading the Seahawks to wins. Carson Strong had talk of being a round one pick until he injured his Knee. He has a well above average arm, and good stats.
I realize Lock has those traits too but we have three more years of data on Lock at this point and he has failed the test unequivocally. Denver gave up on him for a reason. He was terrible. They had every reason to give him every chance in the world and they were desperate to move on.
Take a shot on a QB this year and if it doesn't work try again next year. Why pass completely? I don't care if they liked Lock coming out and would have had him rated higher. Like I said we have three more years of data to look at and he isn't an NFL caliber QB.
I guess I just see it differently. I like Carson's arm (not love, like), but I think he's about as likely as Lock to succeed. Lock is going to what is probably going to be an offense thats easier to operate in, in a less toxic situation. He showed some good stuff his rookie year, sucked otherwise. I think a return to passable form while the roster is built up is probably more likely than Carson amounting to a decent starter in the league.

Dallashawksfan

Reaction score
They had their chance to pick up a free agent, and said no. They had a couple chances at any QB in the draft and they said no.

They spoke loud and clear, Lock is our guy this season.
Dementia Pete is in love with Geno

olyfan63

Reaction score
Would love to see Foles in a Hawks uniform and in the QB room. Whether he wins the starter job or not, my data says he would be a terrific mentor to the other QBs on the roster, and we'd know we have a more than capable backup if he doesn't win the job.