SAM BRADFORD DOWN. UPDATE: ACL Torn, out for the season.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":18g5nmu5 said:
Shadowhawk":18g5nmu5 said:
They don't have much room left to make a move this year, either:

@corryjoel: The Rams ability to trade for a QB if Sam Bradford is out will be impacted by a lack of cap space (last in the NFL with $1.678M).

They could trade for Christian Ponder

Not if they want to win, lol.

OP
OP
Cartire

Cartire

Reaction score
Sherman4Prez":323dnv15 said:
So the starter is now Shaun Hill. All I know is he's said to be better than Clemens, he has 16 games to prove it. I don't see an extension for Bradford, at least not a big one.

Ha, Bradford will be lucky to snag a vet minimum as a backup.

dcbshowstopper

Reaction score
Wow, I feel sorry for Bradford. As a Rams fan, this is bad news as he was looking really good this preseason. That said, Shaun Hill is a much better quarterback than Kellen Clemens who was respectable as the backup last year. Hill has looked very good in the preseason as well and now second string qb Austin Davis played lights out last night. I know he led a td drive against the Brown's ones. BTW, add me to the many Rams fans who feel that this is the end for Bradford. 3 of 5 years injured? Nope, no thank you.

Sherman4Prez

Reaction score
Cartire":ul60wwxc said:
Sherman4Prez":ul60wwxc said:
So the starter is now Shaun Hill. All I know is he's said to be better than Clemens, he has 16 games to prove it. I don't see an extension for Bradford, at least not a big one.

Ha, Bradford will be lucky to snag a vet minimum as a backup.

"That guy that couldn't stay healthy..."

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Ponder, Sanchez...even Josh Freeman. They are going to have to look under every rock now.

Feel sorry for Bradford.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I don't feel sorry for Sam Bustford..For the $53,000,000 he will have made after this season..You can have my tough ACL and the leg that goes with it(might be too fast for you)..I do feel bad for the Rams fans somewhat though ..They have had to endure the bonehead front office who made this pick and didn't have the balls to cut him last year when it was clear to many that this guy wasn't what they needed..2 ACL injuries later and they are still in the same boat as the last couple years...

HansGruber

Reaction score
Tore his ACL and out for the season. Confirmed a few hours ago. Career over.

I'm not going to celebrate that. It's terrible.

But with Kaps struggles today, the AZ defense taking a huge step backward with the loss of Dockett for the year, I think it's safe to assume the Seahawks are going to run away with the NFCW this season.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Cartire":b3uova2t said:
Tech Worlds":b3uova2t said:
I must be the only here that doesn't think Bradford is garbage. Dude was playing well tell he blew out his knee last year. Looked to me like he had arrived.

If he stays healthy I think he will have a productive season.

This seems to be the exact opposite position you have with Okung. And yet, injury history wise, hes doing better then Bradford.

Yet, you seem positive for Bradford, while ready to dismiss Okung.
Incorrect. I have yet to dismiss okung.

I have mentioned that resigning him is not a gimme with his injury history. I'm not ready to give him left tackle money based off what I've seen. A healthy and dominant year could change my mind.

Bradford? I don't think he's a rock star. I said he can have a productive year.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sad for the Rams and Bradford, guy is as snake bit as they come, I think the writings on the wall, they insert Davis soon,trade for a QB or go after high pick again next year. Having it happen now all options are on the table still. There is still hope to salvage something of the season and make a run. It's what they have to think, They will be bringing up Earl Morrall and the Dolphins history to keep the team positive as much as they can. They need to have a Earl Morrall though, Shaun Hill is a very close approximation I have to admit, if the rest of the team can rise to the challenge. You just don't have a Bob Griese to come back.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Bradford's career may be done. Rams are dumb not to draft a QB and hanging their hopes solely on Bradford. They've improved the other areas but not QB.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HansGruber":21h4vczq said:
Tore his ACL and out for the season. Confirmed a few hours ago. Career over.

I'm not going to celebrate that. It's terrible.

But with Kaps struggles today, the AZ defense taking a huge step backward with the loss of Dockett for the year, I think it's safe to assume the Seahawks are going to run away with the NFCW this season.
Unbelievable. His career isn't over but his time as a Ram is and likely being a starting quarterback in the NFL.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Don't feel sorry for Bradford. He has never put up more than mediocre stats and will have made about $65 million by the end of this season...

Don't feel sorry for the kid.

titan3131

Reaction score
We trade them terrelep for aaron donald?

Sounds good to me.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I think they try to go after Mark Sanchez. STL's O-Coordinator is Brian Shottenheimer who was Sanchez's O-Coordinator with the Jets. Anyone who knows football knows that it takes at least a month for a QB to learn a new playbook/system. Sanchez is very familiar with Shottenheimer and his system.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":f7bipa2r said:
They don't have much room left to make a move this year, either:

@corryjoel: The Rams ability to trade for a QB if Sam Bradford is out will be impacted by a lack of cap space (last in the NFL with $1.678M).

More than enough for them to bring in the best backup in the league...Tarvaris Jackson.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1yxf6ndh said:
I think they try to go after Mark Sanchez. STL's O-Coordinator is Brian Shottenheimer who was Sanchez's O-Coordinator with the Jets. Anyone who knows football knows that it takes at least a month for a QB to learn a new playbook/system. Sanchez is very familiar with Shottenheimer and his system.

Sanchez is the only backup that looked good in preseason for Philly. I think the asking price would be too much.