Rw trying to recruit Sean Peyton

Threedee

Reaction score
So Payton is now the QB whisperer? 25 mil per? What the ....?

Drew Brees was always a great QB. Other than similarity in height, I see very few similarities between Brees and Wilson. When Brees parted ways with SD, against his own desires, he became a man obsessed with success and making SD look stupid. He did all that and he did it with hard work and great humility. Wilson rode into Denver like he was the new team owner and if he was working hard at anything it was counting money and eating donuts. Good luck Sean. You look like you've been pounding some donuts too and never liked you, either.

Man..LMAO, whatever happened to Russ the holy roller? Now the little phony wants to bring in a known cheater who was suspended by the league for his part in Bounty-gate? A guy that approved the intentional injuring of players? Why are Peyton and Williams not banned for life?
I remember when Boba Fett was DC for the Rams not that long ago.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think once Hackett was gone Russ started playing much better especially considering the mental stuff he's gone through up until that point. I still think he bounces back next year and probably knows he has to change some things and will be willing to. If Payton went there I wouldn't be shocked at all if Russ looked more like he did here than he did in his first year in Denver.

Donn2390

Reaction score
I think once Hackett was gone Russ started playing much better especially considering the mental stuff he's gone through up until that point. I still think he bounces back next year and probably knows he has to change some things and will be willing to. If Payton went there I wouldn't be shocked at all if Russ looked more like he did here than he did in his first year in Denver.
I'm sure the egomaniac will try to change some things, but very difficult to improve his vision to see wide open receivers, and once he should happen to see one, he has to be able to put the ball in said receivers hands, something that has been missing as of late. You can improve may aspects, but you can't improve lost talent..

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'm sure the egomaniac will try to change some things, but very difficult to improve his vision to see wide open receivers, and once he should happen to see one, he has to be able to put the ball in said receivers hands, something that has been missing as of late. You can improve may aspects, but you can't improve lost talent..
I don’t think he lost his talent tho, but I could be wrong? Will be interesting to see if play out

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Russ needs a strong running game to make him successful in PA and naked boot legs. A strong running game is not Sean Payton's forte. Payton had an exceptional talent in Alvin Kamara and a fantastic Swiss knife in Taysom Hill, especially on 3rd and short. Neither type player is currently on Denver's roster.

Imo, Sean Payton will not turn Russ' career around, and Payton likely won't be an instant success should he become the Donkey's HC. I would bet against it.

James in PA

Reaction score
Of course there are reports of "mutual interest" between Peyton and the Donks. Probably just a tactic though to get another club like the Panthers to fork over more $.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
The defensive HC's like Quinn linked makes me curious. Considering the big goal is "fix Russ" who are they bringing with them to run the offence? And considering how good Evero was as their DC what happens with him? Does he stay under a head coach who is defensive minded? Does the D get that much better with a guy like Quinn?

HawkinNY

Reaction score
When all said is done. Russ will single handed Lt ruin the future for Denver. This team will not have any draft capital of talent in 3-5 years.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Glad Im not a Denver fan. What a disaster.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Now that Peyton has gone to Denver, I wonder how much better he does than interim hc Rosberg.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Now that Peyton has gone to Denver, I wonder how much better he does than interim hc Rosberg.
I’m sure Payton is a better coach than Rosburg. Payton has proven he can be a successful coach in the NFL. I’m not certain Rosburg has proven anything in the NFL coaching ranks. There’s probably a reason why he was relatively unknown until now.

Threedee

Reaction score
I’m sure Payton is a better coach than Rosburg. Payton has proven he can be a successful coach in the NFL. I’m not certain Rosburg has proven anything in the NFL coaching ranks. There’s probably a reason why he was relatively unknown until now.
Payton also has experience working with a midget QB.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Peyton trying to mold Wilson into Brees would be like Hackett trying to make Russ into AR.
One thing that Payton did that will immediately pay dividends is his line was told to pass block a certain way for Brees. I also don't think he's going to call plays like he did for Brees. His immediate response in regards to Wilson was play action and run game.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Russ no doubt wins more games with rpo and run, but they shouldnt need a coach that they just guaranteed up to 100m to to tell him this.

Russ isn’t going to transcend to some Brees like pocket passer.