Russell Wilson was reportedly given special treatment by Pete Carroll early in his Seahawks career

balakoth

Reaction score
OMG people talking about topics on a forum, rule violation! Give it a rest guys.. we are only here to talk about specific other redundant topics.. not the ones we don't like.. Only allowed to beat pre approved topics like a dead horse!

Don't like it? Don't read it..

Rat

Reaction score
Isn't that true for most quarterbacks? Not that it necessarily absolves Pete, but this doesn't really change my opinion of anyone.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Isn't that true for most quarterbacks? Not that it necessarily absolves Pete, but this doesn't really change my opinion of anyone.
It really depends. Most of these guys have been on other teams and they've seen how other people do things. It does sound like Pete Carroll did go above most coaches in this regard. This is especially bad when Carroll preaches the mantra "always compete". I definitely think this is probably one of his biggest black spot managing the team.

Rat

Reaction score
It really depends. Most of these guys have been on other teams and they've seen how other people do things. It does sound like Pete Carroll did go above most coaches in this regard. This is especially bad when Carroll preaches the mantra "always compete". I definitely think this is probably one of his biggest black spot managing the team.
People take "always compete" too literally. We were bringing in guys like Austin Davis and Trevone Boykin at QB, and I'll bet none of them ever got first-team reps in practice. Which I don't think is bad at QB anyway; I think it's best to give that leadership role to one guy and really let him take ownership of it. I want our QB to know it's his team rather than having to look over his shoulder.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Anyone else see the irony in the suggestion that Denver needs to give the ball to Williams more and use the run considering how to use the offence was a big part of Russ leaving? And it's not just KJ or people connected to the Hawks saying that.