Russell Wilson sets deadline for new contract

Cyrus12

Reaction score
If he does go would Wilson be the most hated athlete to leave Seattle or would fans respect his decision and just be happy what he did while he was here? Or do fans just blame his wife like the Gretzky trade?

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3dv618pp said:
James in PA":3dv618pp said:
So, if Russ gets traded to another team, will he still end every press conference and interview with, “Go Hawks!” ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go Giants!

Is there a http://giants.net link?
Asking for a friend. :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

RastaHawk12!

Reaction score
Cyrus12":nljxw4u0 said:
If he does go would Wilson be the most hated athlete to leave Seattle or would fans respect his decision and just be happy what he did while he was here? Or do fans just blame his wife like the Gretzky trade?

Hate him? No way. He brought us our only SB title and almost brought us two. He will be revered forever.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well I guess we will all see at Midnight or tomorrow regardless of all the speculation, then again there is probably just going to be silence from Wilsons camp and the Seahawks and it will be all Mediots and so called inside sources.

James in PA

Reaction score
Is the “deadline” midnight Seattle time or midnight New York time?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John63

Reaction score
https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...utm_medium=Referral&utm_campaign=RSS_seahawks

"Heaps’ tweet stated that Wilson’s agent, Mark Rodgers, and Seahawks general manager John Schneider, “have been meeting for several hours the past couple days” and, “hopefully there’ll be great news for all Seahawks fans if they can lock up” Wilson and that, “Time will tell.”

Another former Seahawk QB, Brock Huard, who among other duties works as part of the Seahawks’ broadcast team during the preseason, tweeted Saturday afternoon “I’m hearing the tempo is being picked up in talks between Russ & the Seahawks.”

John63

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2yufwwub said:
Wilson's "deadline day" has arrived.

yup either he gets the contract, or we have to wait till the end of the year for new talks. Unless they are so close he extends it that is LOL

John63

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":vr7k4b8l said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1117659100869873664[/tweet]

Yeah! I am not buying it, maybe if it were someone other than King. Sorry, I will believe it when the Hawks or Wilson says it. More click bait, and I Could argue that he knows it will get done so saying it is a win win for him.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
GLio14":cz7kbm7i said:
Does anyone know what number Wilson is looking for?

I would say only Wilson, his agent, and the Seahawks know that. The "rumor" is he wants an unprecedented sliding scale contract that will adjust based on the likely infusion of sports gambling money and higher salary caps in future years - which is pretty smart on his part.

chris98251

Reaction score
First of all King is full of shit, Wilson and his Agent know you don't use the word Never negotiate again in anything when your trying to land a contract.

You may say start looking for a team willing to offer etc, but not Never.

You could say that we won't try to get a deal done till after the season also.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Wilson showing his true colours. If this was about getting Rodgers esque deal it would be done by now.

Trade him to teh Bills, it's New York after all.

endzorn

Reaction score
Wilson wants to be a global star, not just a high paid QB in Seattle. If he’s determined to get out then let him go.
If Wilson wants to go to New York I’d rather send him to the Jets for Darnold and a couple picks than let him go to the Giants for a couple firsts.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
His true colors? He's just trying to get a new deal. Happens league wide, why is it not ok for Russ? Just curious.
Now all the sudden he doesn't want to be in Seattle? He hasn't said that once, in fact he already said he wouldn't hold out.

nutluck

Reaction score
This has been a "interesting" thread to read. As a Rams fan first I hope Russel does get traded or ends up walking after a couple of tag years. As a seahawks fan I think it would be a mistake. Can you win a SB with out a great QB? yes of course several teams have. But the NFL is steadily moving towards more and more offense, which makes that harder and harder every year. Could the Seahawks get a big trade and draft another QB that is good enough? Again sure but considering how few QB's are ever even just good enough that get drafted the odds would be against it. To me this is why QB's make so much.

I have mixed feelings with the upcoming contract for Goff, he is good enough to win with obviously. But as has been shown you pay a QB top money and it makes it hard to build a team around them. Just look at the Packers.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3n9aijm3 said:
Wilson showing his true colours. If this was about getting Rodgers esque deal it would be done by now.

Trade him to teh Bills, it's New York after all.

This is all agent related stuff. They do this kind of stuff all the time. Leak things to sportswriters, set deadlines, suggest their star is happy to go elsewhere. I doubt a lot of this comes from the player himself who'd rather do other stuff than keep close tabs on negotiating.

We'll probably never know where Russ wants to go. He's always personally said he was happy in Seattle. But sometimes the grass is always greener.

Nonetheless, we've had a lot of players leave Seattle only to say they hated the organization they went to because Seattle really looks after its players and gives them a positive work environment. Not every organization is like that.