Russ

chris98251

Reaction score
Seen two big difference's today, he ran, he ran with purpose and had his elusiveness that we had not seen in years.

He hit open guys underneath, in the flat and across the middle and intermediate middle.

He still tried hero ball early, but finally adjusted.

Offense controlled the ball for more time during the game, that helped the defense, 4 to 6 minutes more is a difference especially when they get breaks between series.

Need a bit more but it helped, better running game as the half approached and in the second half was a factor also. Keeping the chains moving and being to mix both in pass and run along with the Wilson factor opened up more levels of playmaking options.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good points. I like that he not only took the dump off when it was there, but he decided he was running and was on it.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Fastest QB to 100 wins. LOB long gone so he must be doing something right. Either that or Pete Carroll is the greatest coach in the world, winning this consistently with a joke for a QB.

Focusing on the mistakes of the greatest QB in team history that consistently works harder than anyone on the team not named Bobby Wagner, is narrow minded.

Run blocking, run game, play calling, DK's hands, pass protection, etc have all been suspect at times this year. Yet we complain more about the one guy that works harder at his own game than anyone else on the team. If he hasn't fixed a problem by now, it's not fixable.

John63

Reaction score
1st in YPA
4th in Complt %
1st in fewest INT
1st in td/int ratio
5th in tds
1st in passer rating

all while 28th in attempts

Spohawks

Reaction score
Hats off to the Front Office...Can you say 3 1st round and 2 2nd round drafts picks this off season?
He will win the MVP and be the biggest draft trade in history.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
John63":37kgzunk said:
1st in YPA
4th in Complt %
1st in fewest INT
1st in td/int ratio
5th in tds
1st in passer rating

all while 28th in attempts
He does best with less?Good I like it.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
Mad Dog":215g89yg said:
Fastest QB to 100 wins. LOB long gone so he must be doing something right. Either that or Pete Carroll is the greatest coach in the world, winning this consistently with a joke for a QB.

Focusing on the mistakes of the greatest QB in team history that consistently works harder than anyone on the team not named Bobby Wagner, is narrow minded.

Run blocking, run game, play calling, DK's hands, pass protection, etc have all been suspect at times this year. Yet we complain more about the one guy that works harder at his own game than anyone else on the team. If he hasn't fixed a problem by now, it's not fixable.

Highest paid player on the team you expect near flawless play for someone that says he wants to be legendary, his next contract will be in the 325 million ball park. So if you can't take people complaining about missing receivers open, not wanting to use the whole field, holding the ball to long.

So you call everyone narrow minded that expects him to play to his contract and how he wants to be remembered, well I say that you may be another one of those Wilson knob slobbers that can't get the spouge out of their eyes to see the whole picture.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":iruq2lxk said:
Seen two big difference's today, he ran, he ran with purpose and had his elusiveness that we had not seen in years.

He hit open guys underneath, in the flat and across the middle and intermediate middle.

He still tried hero ball early, but finally adjusted.

Offense controlled the ball for more time during the game, that helped the defense, 4 to 6 minutes more is a difference especially when they get breaks between series.

Need a bit more but it helped, better running game as the half approached and in the second half was a factor also. Keeping the chains moving and being to mix both in pass and run along with the Wilson factor opened up more levels of playmaking options.
Russ shocked me with that run and underneath stuff and middle passes.
A lot of us have bitched for years for that..I almost shit my pants :lol:
If he keeps doing those things he will reap the rewards! :irishdrinkers:

capncrunch

Reaction score
I will add that the ball he threw deep to DK was actually pretty good. I'd say slightly underthrown of course with pass rushers bearing down. DK had it in his arms. The defender did impact of course. I think he should have caught it and it would have been a huge gainer before we had done anything. The tv announcers heaped praise on the defender. Anyway. I was cool with Russ yesterday.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
chris98251":1i34xn1d said:
Mad Dog":1i34xn1d said:

Highest paid player on the team you expect near flawless play for someone that says he wants to be legendary, his next contract will be in the 325 million ball park. So if you can't take people complaining about missing receivers open, not wanting to use the whole field, holding the ball to long.

So you call everyone narrow minded that expects him to play to his contract and how he wants to be remembered, well I say that you may be another one of those Wilson knob slobbers that can't get the spouge out of their eyes to see the whole picture.
Exactly. RW is a very good QB but he does have his flaws -- ones which people tend to overlook. Nobody here is saying that he is a bad QB.

That being said, those flaws become magnified when he takes up such a large portion of the teams cap. They also come with significant downsides -- which we saw on full display in the second half of last season.

Once again, Wilson is a good QB top 10 easily, sometimes top 3 depending on the season and time of the year -- but that doesn't mean he isn't without some big flaws in his game.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Spohawks":1h36r5lj said:
Hats off to the Front Office...Can you say 3 1st round and 2 2nd round drafts picks this off season?
He will win the MVP and be the biggest draft trade in history.

So what idiot GM would trade the reigning MVP?

I'd certainly not be interested in doing that anytime, unless like Rodgers the bridges were aflame and there was no possibility of a reconciliation.

There is zero guarantee the team would be able to replace Wilson leaving the team to doing a Cleveland like carrousel of QBs until a suitable replacement was found.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
chris98251":27yv3wik said:
Mad Dog":27yv3wik said:

Almost every franchise QB is the highest paid player on the team, barring rookie deals. You expect the highest paid player to work the hardest, set the best example, be the best team player. Those are within a players ability to manage. Flawless play is an unreasonable expectation given Russ is as human as the rest of us.

Every QB makes errors. Every legendary QB made errors and was never flawless. Otherwise they'd never lose. Since Russ is the winningest at his position, he must be coming the closest to flawless as any franchise QB has come. Or you have to believe that Pete is truly the special sauce that drives this team. You can't put all Russ' wins on Marshawn and the LOB as they've been gone a long time now.

I've seen what Brady has done without Belicek and what Belicek has done without Brady and it's clear that the QB is the most important asset on any team. But even the best QB's are far from flawless even though they all make the most money on their teams.

John63

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2sg0i5uj said:
chris98251":2sg0i5uj said:
Mad Dog":2sg0i5uj said:

Exactly. RW is a very good QB but he does have his flaws -- ones which people tend to overlook. Nobody here is saying that he is a bad QB.

That being said, those flaws become magnified when he takes up such a large portion of the teams cap. They also come with significant downsides -- which we saw on full display in the second half of last season.

Once again, Wilson is a good QB top 10 easily, sometimes top 3 depending on the season and time of the year -- but that doesn't mean he isn't without some big flaws in his game.

Find me one Qb who does not have flaws? There are none. It's one thing to say he has flaws and another to B!tch even when he plays great. Which you and your ilk love to do. Also and again

2nd half of last season

66% Complt
12 tds
92 passer rating
248 rushing yards

Far from who bd you and others make it sound. and he lost 5 attempts per game

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Mad Dog":m2ccffhy said:
chris98251":m2ccffhy said:
Mad Dog":m2ccffhy said:

Almost every franchise QB is the highest paid player on the team, barring rookie deals. You expect the highest paid player to work the hardest, set the best example, be the best team player. Those are within a players ability to manage. Flawless play is an unreasonable expectation given Russ is as human as the rest of us.

Every QB makes errors. Every legendary QB made errors and was never flawless. Otherwise they'd never lose. Since Russ is the winningest at his position, he must be coming the closest to flawless as any franchise QB has come. Or you have to believe that Pete is truly the special sauce that drives this team. You can't put all Russ' wins on Marshawn and the LOB as they've been gone a long time now.

I've seen what Brady has done without Belicek and what Belicek has done without Brady and it's clear that the QB is the most important asset on any team. But even the best QB's are far from flawless even though they all make the most money on their teams.

“He guys. I know this is a discussion forum but if you do anything but completely praise and adore RW you are narrow minded and need to shut up. Don’t discuss that on this discussion board because I don’t agree and I am arbiter of all truth.”

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
I see plenty of discussion both positive and negative. I also see that when someone posts something that is not factual and sometimes absurd then it’s going to be called out. I’m personally ok if someone has a negative take I just don’t care for posts that push opinion as indisputable fact. Back your claims with data and offer some context and maybe others even those that disagree might take something from it.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
John63":2h449ax2 said:
Spin Doctor":2h449ax2 said:
chris98251":2h449ax2 said:
Mad Dog":2h449ax2 said:

Find me one Qb who does not have flaws? There are none. It's one thing to say he has flaws and another to B!tch even when he plays great. Which you and your ilk love to do. Also and again

2nd half of last season

66% Complt
12 tds
92 passer rating
248 rushing yards

You conveniently left off the interceptions I see.

I challenge you to go review videos on Russell Wilson's second half struggles -- heck go look at Kurt Warner's and Samuel Gold's, video breaking him down. These video's highlight the weak spots in his game. Looking at statistics in a vacuum doesn't tell you very much, especially when you cherry pick said statistics.

The issue problem with Wilson is he really struggles at times to read certain defenses. Teams were throwing a bunch of different looks at him and he got fooled quite a bit last season. He also has the tendency to ignore checkdowns and look for the deep ball. He is not the type of QB to methodically pick apart defenses on a consistent basis. He CAN do that but often times he reverts into the bad habit of hero ball which leads to stagnate offenses. A lot of our offensive struggles on offense in the second half of last season were on Russell Wilson.

This is the issue with Wilson. He's not great at the LOS, and he has the tendency to ignore convention to go for the big play. He's a bit like a boxer that has a strong right and goes for the knockout punches. Yeah, he's going to win a lot of games, but against a more technical, defensive boxer he is going to struggle some.

Let me reiterate here, Russell Wilson is NOT a bad QB. He's a very, very, very good QB. At the very least he's top 10 and he can be as high as top 2-3 depending on the part of the season and even season that he plays. That being said, he does come with some drawbacks. I think part of those drawbacks were fostered by Carroll's conservative nature -- but never the less, they do exist, and do lead to offensive stagnation at times.

John63

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":21qd737e said:
John63":21qd737e said:
Spin Doctor":21qd737e said:
chris98251":21qd737e said:

2nd half of last season

66% Complt
12 tds
92 passer rating
248 rushing yards

I challenge you to go review videos on Russell Wilson's second half struggles -- heck go look at Kurt Warner's and Samuel Gold's, video breaking him down. These video's highlight the weak spots in his game. Looking at statistics in a vacuum doesn't tell you very much, especially when you cherry pick said statistics.

The issue problem with Wilson is he really struggles at times to read certain defenses. Teams were throwing a bunch of different looks at him and he got fooled quite a bit last season. He also has the tendency to ignore checkdowns and look for the deep ball. He is not the type of QB to methodically pick apart defenses on a consistent basis. He CAN do that but often times he reverts into the bad habit of hero ball which leads to stagnate offenses. A lot of our offensive struggles on offense in the second half of last season were on Russell Wilson.

This is the issue with Wilson. He's not great at the LOS, and he has the tendency to ignore convention to go for the big play. He's a bit like a boxer that has a strong right and goes for the knockout punches. Yeah, he's going to win a lot of games, but against a more technical, defensive boxer he is going to struggle some.

Let me reiterate here, Russell Wilson is NOT a bad QB. He's a very, very, very good QB. At the very least he's top 10 and he can be as high as top 2-3 depending on the part of the season and even season that he plays. That being said, he does come with some drawbacks. I think part of those drawbacks were fostered by Carroll's conservative nature -- but never the less, they do exist, and do lead to offensive stagnation at times.

OI did not conveniently leave anything off he actually had less INt in the 2nd half of the season.

As to everything you said well okay that's your opinion the facts show otherwise but okay I guess. Look I'm glad you think russ is top 10 and at times top 3. I don't totally disagree with you. What I disagree with is that the same can be said of every QB in the league including Rodgers, Brady. Mahomes etc etc

What I have a problem with and I have said it before is the unrealistic expectation some have. Just this year's first game he played great but someone had to say yeah but he missed too many receivers. He missed 5 passes and 2 here throwaways. Another example he ignores the short passes and yet most of his passes in every game were short.

What I take exception to, and I am like this with every player just past year defended Wagner and DK when some started doing this is when they need to harp on every little mistake rea or not and then act like no other QBs make the same mistakes. Just this year some complained about his moon ball, they complain you need to give your receivers a chance to make a play then when he does they say you can't do that. That is my issue the pure hypocrisy of some and how it is obvious they don't care what he does they will always have an excuse why he sucks.

To me, he is a top 5 QB period I don't have a problem saying when he makes a mistake I did it last season, but the difference is I don't say every time he makes a mistake he sucks. I know that all QBs even the great ones make mistakes have bad games etc. The problem here is a few don't get that, or don't care they just want to hate.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":r8lawf49 said:
Spin Doctor":r8lawf49 said:
John63":r8lawf49 said:
Spin Doctor":r8lawf49 said:

2nd half of last season

66% Complt
12 tds
92 passer rating
248 rushing yards

OI did not conveniently leave anything off he actually had less INt in the 2nd half of the season.

As to everything you said well okay that's your opinion the facts show otherwise but okay I guess. Look I'm glad you think russ is top 10 and at times top 3. I don't totally disagree with you. What I disagree with is that the same can be said of every QB in the league including Rodgers, Brady. Mahomes etc etc

What I have a problem with and I have said it before is the unrealistic expectation some have. Just this year's first game he played great but someone had to say yeah but he missed too many receivers. He missed 5 passes and 2 here throwaways. Another example he ignores the short passes and yet most of his passes in every game were short.

What I take exception to, and I am like this with every player just past year defended Wagner and DK when some started doing this is when they need to harp on every little mistake rea or not and then act like no other QBs make the same mistakes. Just this year some complained about his moon ball, they complain you need to give your receivers a chance to make a play then when he does they say you can't do that. That is my issue the pure hypocrisy of some and how it is obvious they don't care what he does they will always have an excuse why he sucks.

To me, he is a top 5 QB period I don't have a problem saying when he makes a mistake I did it last season, but the difference is I don't say every time he makes a mistake he sucks. I know that all QBs even the great ones make mistakes have bad games etc. The problem here is a few don't get that, or don't care they just want to hate.

So where did someone say he sucks in this thread? Post it !

Latest posts