Russ reexamining his entire routine

strohmin

Reaction score
What? He did do this in Seattle. He would have a few great games here and there, but also many games where he held the ball and took sack after sack.

This is who Russ is. It's nothing new or surprising. Denver fans will ooh and ahh after today. Next week, they'll be screaming when he holds on to the ball and takes unnecessary sacks.
That's true. Russ always plays big when everyone counts him out but usually fails when he is expected to ball out.

GemCity

Reaction score
I expect him to be a lot better next year. Don’t nail me to the cross yet….

After this season’s performance, there’s nowhere to go but up.

I do believe he’ll be focused, have a chip on his shoulder, and get back to some type of resemblance of his former self while trying to compliment his game with reads, check downs, etc.

For me, this doesn’t translate into becoming a perennial contender. I’m guessing that ownership will make the right coaching decision, shut down the shenanigans (Team Me3), etc.

But I can also see trading away a quality player or two for more “weapons” on offense (Ex: Unger for Graham). Offensive Coordinator swap outs….everything we witnessed.

The great thing about all of this? Who cares!! Even if they run through the AFC (don’t see that happening), the Hawks got the best of the Donkeys and we couldn’t of scripted this any better.

After this season, my interest in Mr. Unlimited goes from keeping any eye on their scores/record to “Russell who?”.

As I’m sure you all feel, I’m ecstatic as to what our future holds.

Thanks R. Carrington W! Your love for the Hawks has been unparalleled!!

Aircrew

Reaction score
Nice article, but I wasn't able to find the part about how any of that will help his bad decision making, how slowly he gets the play in and that he can't see the entire field due to his height. I guess he's so dense and out of touch that he thinks we haven't figured out he's a system quarterback who's masquerading as a franchise pocket QB.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
every star on that team has come out and defended him the past couple of weeks. I still argue that way too many Seahawks fans and the media in general believes Sherman’s BS and assumed it was everyone’s thoughts

'every star' is trying to save face because people are getting fired. No one wants to lose their jobs. If a people came and started talking crap after the head coach was canned that would just fan the flames.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Does that include him giving up his office and actually interacting with the team and not singling himself out.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
every star on that team has come out and defended him the past couple of weeks. I still argue that way too many Seahawks fans and the media in general believes Sherman’s BS and assumed it was everyone’s thoughts
I saw 3 players defend him two-WR's one-OL thats it.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Yeah, Mike Florio had a theory about that. The timing makes it really dubious, that it might have been orchestrated by the Broncos mgt. to help in their HC search:

After months of silence, Broncos players rush to Russell Wilson’s defense

Something weird is happening in Denver.

That statement would be true pretty much every week of a wild and wacky 2022 season. The current nuttiness comes from a sudden effort by multiple Broncos players to rush to the public defense of quarterback Russell Wilson.

From receiver Jerry Jeudy to receiver K.J. Hamler to receiver Kendall Hinton to receiver Tim Patrick to receiver Courtland Sutton to offensive lineman Garrett Bolles to former Broncos running back Melvin Gordon, players suddenly — and supposedly organically — are pushing back against the criticism of Wilson. The catalyst seems to be recent remarks from former Broncos tight end Shannon Sharpe, who said the Wilson’s perceived better-than-the-rest-of-you attitude has teammates “seething.”

Frankly, the fact that some have spoken out doesn’t mean the rest of them feel the same way. Sharpe surely wasn’t pulling his thoughts out of thin air; it’s possible that plenty are saying nothing at all because they have nothing good to say.

Besides, Sharpe isn’t the first one to rip Wilson this year. Why is the pushback only happening now?

It feels orchestrated and contrived. With Wilson going nowhere in 2023, it could be part of a broader effort to create the impression to coaching candidates that the team isn’t one giant ball of oily dysfunction.

The more together the players seem to be, the more likely they are to land a good coach. In contrast, the messier things seem in the locker room, the more likely a coach with options will opt to go elsewhere.

It’s perhaps the only plausible explanation for this sudden, simultaneous effort to support a player who has been embattled for months.