Robot or Emotion

Which do you prefer

• Robot, Mechanical, - Russell Wilson, type guy.

• Emotional, Fiery, Brett Favre, type guy.

Results are only viewable after voting.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Ride or die with Favre-type. It’s just more fun. Robot Russ is just eye roll after the first handful of pressers. Give me someone that wears his heart on his sleeve on Gameday and in the press. Loved what Russ did with us but ugh. Give me someone with passion in their heart without being disingenuous.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
You need something in the middle, most of the time. A guy who can remain decently level but has enough genuine emotion to inspire the guys around him.

Guys like Stafford are the prototype for me. I lean fiery as long as they aren't too prone to getting swept away in the riptide of the game and trapping themselves in their own minds. It's all about how they channel it.

I don't mind robots, so long as they embrace their meticulous nature and don't come across as inauthentic.

flv2

Reaction score
I liked them both. They were both great QBs who won games when their team should have lost. Wins over garbage time stats.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Ride or die with Favre-type. It’s just more fun. Robot Russ is just eye roll after the first handful of pressers. Give me someone that wears his heart on his sleeve on Gameday and in the press. Loved what Russ did with us but ugh. Give me someone with passion in their heart without being disingenuous.
I tend to agree, with exception.

The whining cry baby type of “emotional” guy makes me cringe.

I’d hate to see my QB pouting on the sidelines with a towel over his head.

chrispy

Reaction score
How do you qualify TBrady? He was pretty cold a lot of the time, but got emotional too. In todays NFL, a QB has to be able to think quickly and consistently. I think emotions in-game slow that down. But keeping motivated and motivating teammates is all about emotion. I think great QBs are both but they know how to turn one on/off at appropriate times.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
The one thing I will mention, is the more emotional Sherman and Thomas benefited HUGELY by having the more mechanical Chancellor as the cool-headed leader.
You sure about that? Kam has said himself he goes to a dark place when he was on the field. He was the quieter one but I think there was a lot of raw emotion on GameDay.

Last edited:
OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
How do you qualify TBrady? He was pretty cold a lot of the time, but got emotional too. In todays NFL, a QB has to be able to think quickly and consistently. I think emotions in-game slow that down. But keeping motivated and motivating teammates is all about emotion. I think great QBs are both but they know how to turn one on/off at appropriate times.
I put him in the Emotional category, Emotional in a calculative way, he got hot, he wanted to rip the heart out of everyone he faced, he channeled it and got his team to focus in the same way around him. Watch him in the huddle or sidelines, he was not cold, more fiery when needed, was not passive about getting on guys for blowing an assignment. or with a coach for not reading the game and defense in their play calling. He was held accountable by Bill

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Then again, are you surprised Pitt? People still bagging on a guy who has been gone 2 plus years. A guy who never once was in trouble for anything. At this point, it's just embarrassing.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
Yeah, that's horrible. We need more players that rack up DUI's, domestic violence charges, arrests, and partiers. *sigh*

Or football players who just love.... the sport? Not that hard to play the game out of love for the game, and leave it at that. Plenty of players like that. Favre is one of them. Brady too. Manning too. Marino. Elway. None of them got preachy, like Tua and Wilson do.

Last edited by a moderator:

samwize77

Reaction score
I would prefer a well rounded, intelligent, hard working QB that plays because he loves the game. No divas', no cry babies.........and will play for league minimum.......lol

Latest posts