Rob Staton/Top Billin’ drama

morgulon1

Reaction score
It's fairly rare, and I embrace that............but you and I are in complete agreement on this.
I liked topbillin until he went all rob staton in me for pointing out that his eagles gave up too many big plays ie;
Turnovers etc in the super bowl.
He berated me with some quasi philosophical football speak .

I'm team Edward Cullen

OP
OP
Hawkinaz

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Off topic, does anyone know the income potential for these youtubers? Rob has 5.7k followers, TB has 115k followers. Can someone make enough out of google's revenue share or whatever they call it, to do it full time and live in relative comfort?
I know somebody who is a free lance writer for online car and truck websites who also has a YouTube channel that has 94k subscribers he buys and sells a vehicle every year for tax purposes and content for his channel. He has said the income is not consistent it has peaks and valleys depending on what is pop at the time. He is a middle class guy who has 3 kids and lives in Nebraska. In is in car media and will get flown by car companies for certain events but has to pay his own expenses.

IMO the money that Top Billin claims to make is false. I also know a local guy who has farming YouTube channel that has 500k subscribers the money has gone mostly for new equipment and keeps things going. To keep money going they are always working whether it filming, editing or research

toffee

Reaction score
I know somebody who is a free lance writer for online car and truck websites who also has a YouTube channel that has 94k subscribers he buys and sells a vehicle every year for tax purposes and content for his channel. He has said the income is not consistent it has peaks and valleys depending on what is pop at the time. He is a middle class guy who has 3 kids and lives in Nebraska. In is in car media and will get flown by car companies for certain events but has to pay his own expenses.

IMO the money that Top Billin claims to make is false. I also know a local guy who has farming YouTube channel that has 500k subscribers the money has gone mostly for new equipment and keeps things going. To keep money going they are always working whether it filming, editing or research
Thanks Hawkinaz, I also googled a bit, these are the results:

I think to live 'comfortably', a youtuber must create new contents constantly, which quickly turn into a full time job, and likely took some fun out of it.

knownone

Reaction score

Subscribers don't tell the whole story. It's unlikely he's making the money he claims from advertising. But it's possible through other sources. For example, I follow a small economics channel with around 50,000 subs. And their Patreon earns about $10,000 a month.

OP
OP
Hawkinaz

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
A video from a YouTube channel I used to follow where he talks about his income from YouTube. He has about 750k subs

ivotuk

Reaction score
I'm embarrassed for Rob. This stinks of jealousy. "Murf" is entertaining. I believe he played ball at Penn State, but his best attribute is entertaining story telling. I enjoy his videos, but a lot of times when I'm done, I don't remember what he said about the player. I just enjoy the listen.

I find some good stuff on Rob's site now and then, but am mostly bored by the videos. Rob is constantly griping about something the Seahawks are doing, and seems to think the Seahawks would be better of if they listened to him. He's too zeroed in on his own points and precludes any idea that they may be wrong.

He needs to change his approach, and be more open-minded to be more successful.

OP
OP
Hawkinaz

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Subscribers don't tell the whole story. It's unlikely he's making the money he claims from advertising. But it's possible through other sources. For example, I follow a small economics channel with around 50,000 subs. And their Patreon earns about $10,000 a month.
Yeah Patreon is where the real money is at. I have always wondered what YouTubers like Engineering Explained makes who has over 3 million subs

olyfan63

Reaction score
Rob Staton - always the "victim" in everything. And always the smartest in the room. Just ask him.
So that's Staton's brand now, eh? Staton must have watched the "Worldwide Privacy Tour" South Park episode, and gotten tips on brand management from CumHammer Brand Management (tm). Fantastic South Park episode, Season 26, episode 2. It's a parody of Prince Harry and Megan Markle, settling down in South Park for a quite life with privacy, and everyone gets some brand management guidance, especially Kyle. Every list of brand attributes seems to end with "Victim". At last check, HBO Max had this episode, among others.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I don't recommend Seahawks specific fan content to the typical hardcore fan on these forums who is posting about the Seahawks in May when nothing is happening. You have most of the same info that everybody else has, and coming up with your own opinion is part of the fun.

It is helpful to consume consolidated information on the wider NFL. None of us have the time to follow 32 different teams well, and you can't put what the Seahawks are doing in proper context unless you know what the rest of the NFL is doing. Most of the time if a post here seems uninformed it isn't due to a lack of knowledge about the Hawks but rather a lack of perspective. ATN, The Athletic and PFF each have good podcasts about general NFL matters that I recommend.

CouchLogic

Reaction score
Don't know who the Rob guy is, don't think I really care to. TB seems like a pretty insecure dude. I was in agreement with him on a video and he thought I was flaming him, lol. No wonder that Rob fella got under his skin, it takes no effort at all.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Rob Staton - always the "victim" in everything. And always the smartest in the room. Just ask him.
I gave staton grief because he and a couple of jabroni's were calling for Pete Carroll to be fired after 4 games last year. Silly AF.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Don't know who the Rob guy is, don't think I really care to. TB seems like a pretty insecure dude. I was in agreement with him on a video and he thought I was flaming him, lol. No wonder that Rob fella got under his skin, it takes no effort at all.
My thoughts as well. He's a jabroni.

toffee

Reaction score
TB's initial response to Rob was less than gentlemanly, poor manner in my humble opinion. BUT when Rob made TB's response public, I felt like they are the same mindset.

Fade

Reaction score
They provide two different skillets.

Rob is a journalist in the UK in real life, and covers the team like a journalist. He is often right on a lot of things as it pertains to media storylines. He is not a football head and cannot breakdown X's & O's. He will be right on things like the RW trade being real, unlike the journalists that actually cover the team. Meanwhile, Clayton and the local media continued to dismiss it as a possibility even on the very day it happened as The Maven posted RW wasn't going anywhere, whoops.

I stopped paying attention to the local media because of this. Buncha unreliable PR mouth pieces. Brady Henderson is the only guy worth following now as he clearly has an inside source in the front office.

Rob was all over the Jalen Carter situation and was right once again. This is where he excels. Anything that requires the skillset of a journalist.

Top Billin' knows ball, can breakdown film, and is pretty entertaining while
doing it.

The funny thing is, they both fly off the handle if you disagree with them, they'd be an amazing watch if they linked up.
Which will never happen in a million years.

I watch them both.

BASF

Reaction score
They provide two different skillets.

Rob is a journalist in the UK in real life, and covers the team like a journalist. He is often right on a lot of things as it pertains to media storylines. He is not a football head and cannot breakdown X's & O's. He will be right on things like the RW trade being real, unlike the journalists that actually cover the team. Meanwhile, Clayton and the local media continued to dismiss it as a possibility even on the very day it happened as The Maven posted RW wasn't going anywhere, whoops.

I stopped paying attention to the local media because of this. Buncha unreliable PR mouth pieces. Brady Henderson is the only guy worth following now as he clearly has an inside source in the front office.

Rob was all over the Jalen Carter situation and was right once again. This is where he excels. Anything that requires the skillset of a journalist.

Top Billin' knows ball, can breakdown film, and is pretty entertaining while
doing it.

The funny thing is, they both fly off the handle if you disagree with them, they'd be an amazing watch if they linked up.
Which will never happen in a million years.

I watch them both.
That is easily the weirdest use of bolding text in the history of this site.

James in PA

Reaction score
I get Youtube recommendations for both the guys mentioned in this thread. The one I seem to get the most is Seahawks Today by Chat Sports. It "looks" professional, but the content isn't very good. The host, Tyler, will say something like "There' a rumor that the Seahawks are interested in bringing in Player X. What say you? Type HY for hell yes or HN for hell no in the comments if the Seahawks should sign him." Just a lot of crap like that. LOL

Locked on Seahawks with Corbin Smith (usually joined by Rob Rang) is another one that gets recommended a lot. That one is much better and actually has some substance.