Rob Staton/Top Billin’ drama

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Rob is valuable only in that he tosses out names to watch and consolidates any Seahawk relevant info from other sites. He's a media guy-shock jock in the vein of Mike Salk. Which is fine. They have their place. But it's the difference between "just content for entertainment" and "content with knowledge, depth, and substance."

He didn't like me disagreeing with his "assessment" of Matt Barkley back in 2011, so I stopped engaging.

And I stopped following his content when he went ballistic because Pete and John didn't extend Clowney and go broke for Dante Fowler back in 2020--two expert moves that panned out for the Titans and Falcons the following year and were rooted in perfect process.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
One of his biggest criticisms is how he treats people who disagree with him on his website or YouTube channel. He's pretty rude and defensive.
OK, top billin guy is flat out insecure in his youtube replies to comments lol

knownone

Reaction score
Both guys are fledgling social media influencers. So whatever drama they produce is likely them trying to create/defend their credibility.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I personally have to fast forward in every intro of top billin because he spends 8 minutes in the weeds with critics, I find this his weakest point though I like his stuff and he obviously knows football.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Lots of people saying TB trashes people a lot...that might be true, but Staton has certainly proven he can do the same. Just look at some of the replies he's given to some of his more critical viewers. I posted 3 examples, but I've seen him do this stuff before as well.
It's definitely a pattern.

I lost respect for Rob, when I left him a comment on his blog last year, about how I disagreed with one of his takes. Which led to him deleting my comment & then him trying to egg me on, by responding with a bunch of nonsense.

The guy was a total jack***.

Fwiw, Top Billin' doesn't have the greatest reputation either. They seem to be cut from the same cloth.

Last edited:

Torc

Reaction score
Murph of Top Billin' built, looked, and talked like he played and knows XO. Couldn't find his bio on his background though, anyone knows?

There's a bio here, it may be a bit out of date since it doesn't mention his favorite team (the eagles).

Murf Baldwin is a football writer that covers Alabama Football for Roll 'Bama Roll. He also covers the Atlanta Falcons for The Falcoholic. He previously covered the Atlanta Falcons and New Orleans Saints for Bleacher Report as the featured columnist. He's a contributor to the Barrow County News working the beat of multiple high school sports teams. Taking fans closer to the game by drawing on his own playing experience that topped out at the semi-pro level. No regurgitated opinions or viewpoints - no matter how controversial.

I like Top Billin' a lot. I've learned quite a bit from his analysis, and while it's not like he's played in the NFL, semi-pro is a lot more than most of us ever reached. Heck, I didn't even play high school football. But he sure does pay a lot of attention to detractors, to the point of bringing up old videos to prove that a poster is totally wrong, and he loves to trash talk and insult posters that disagree with him. I'd never even heard of Rob Stanton until TB posted his video about the situation.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Ironically, in the purest forms,

I love reading Rob’s content on his site but don’t like watching him or hearing him talk.

And it’s hard to read his comment sections at times because he has broad fan base that likes to idolize his every word and whim like a god. Which is why I love this place though, I don’t have to cater to anyone or respond in such a way where I’m needing to go out of my way to glorify the creator. We all have our own voices here, our own opinions.

I love watching Murphy’s videos, I like the way he talks about ‘ball but I’m not a fan of reading his replies as well. But mostly when I YT anyone, I don’t really read comments unless I’m on the phone because Roku’s App is not really comment friendly.

Last edited:

toffee

Reaction score
There's a bio here, it may be a bit out of date since it doesn't mention his favorite team (the eagles).

I like Top Billin' a lot. I've learned quite a bit from his analysis, and while it's not like he's played in the NFL, semi-pro is a lot more than most of us ever reached. Heck, I didn't even play high school football. But he sure does pay a lot of attention to detractors, to the point of bringing up old videos to prove that a poster is totally wrong, and he loves to trash talk and insult posters that disagree with him. I'd never even heard of Rob Stanton until TB posted his video about the situation.
Thanks for the link Torc! Much appreciated.

I have posted many times here that I have never played ball or studied the game. So I appreciate shows that explain the games.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Not really of a fan of either guy. I got into it with Rob last year. Lost respect for the guy. So I no longer follow him.

Top Billin' seems to produce clickbait content for the most part.
I don't watch either of those people.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Murph of Top Billin' built, looked, and talked like he played and knows XO. Couldn't find his bio on his background though, anyone knows?
Probably played some jc ball. Hates his life , lives with his mom, sleeps in until 2pm and plays Madden all night with his cousin .

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The almighty Rob Staton is mad about something. We better stop everything. He loves him some him. He makes statements as if they are FACTS. And then gets butt hurt if ANYONE dare call out the great Rob Staton. Yawn.
At least Top Billin' backs his claims up with actual film study. All Rob does is spout his opinion then talks to people like they are beneath him if they dare question him.

Team Top Billin' here.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Rob doesn't have a grasp on Xs/Os type of content. He never has. He's solely a trends guy in terms of what Seattle will do at draft time, and has been stunningly wrong over the years on a ton of stuff.

He presents as the expert on every situation, but his content is nothing groundbreaking. Top Billin' is basically the same guy, but he actually knows what he's seeing on film whereas Rob has never shown that proficiency, going back to his days posting here.

Kinda like the time he was hawking Obi Melifonwu despite the guy clearly not being interested in playing or tackling on film, but all he could or would look at was the measurables.

Rob started the beef, too. Let's not act like he didn't.
It's fairly rare, and I embrace that............but you and I are in complete agreement on this.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Podcast/Youtube beef is in the air. It ain't just these two. I fux with Murf Billin', tho. He feels like a family member. Same voice/cadence/sense of humor as my favorite cousin. Never really gave Stanton more than 15 minutes total of my time, even when I tried.

#Go Hawks!

Ozzy

Reaction score
Tobbillin is a clown car. The dude is about as insecure as anyone I've seen and tries to fight everyone in his comments who even slightly disagrees with him. I like his information but his fragility ruins it for me.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
It's funny, both of these guys are probably very tired at this point in the year post-draft, they are tired and cranky and bickering and it's sort of about right isn't it? It adds up, the personality type it apparently takes to seek Youtube/Interweb fame.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Rob doesn't have a grasp on Xs/Os type of content. He never has. He's solely a trends guy in terms of what Seattle will do at draft time, and has been stunningly wrong over the years on a ton of stuff.

He presents as the expert on every situation, but his content is nothing groundbreaking. Top Billin' is basically the same guy, but he actually knows what he's seeing on film whereas Rob has never shown that proficiency, going back to his days posting here.

Kinda like the time he was hawking Obi Melifonwu despite the guy clearly not being interested in playing or tackling on film, but all he could or would look at was the measurables.

Rob started the beef, too. Let's not act like he didn't.
Yeah this is dead wrong. He hightlighted Lucas and Whoolen before the draft last year and every year has done a pretty good job. Everyone is wrong most of the time on this stuff but he probably gets more Seahawks related stuff right than anyone else. Murph has misses just like the OBI one as well so to single him out for missing on a prospect is wild to me. Pete and John miss fairly often too, we hold them to the same standard. Murph laughed and argued with every Seahawks fan who said Seattle isn't taking Carter. How did that turn out for him?

Anyone who spends even 5 minutes looking at Murph's comment section would see how fragile this dude is and his constant homophobic comments(which he tried with Rob too) are goofy. Are you really going to justify the homophobic remarks or threatening Rob with violence in a private message? I think a couple of dudes on this forum don't like Rob and it caused others to follow suit. Again, goofy.

It's too bad too because TB does have great contest if he could just get over himself.

Ozzy

Reaction score
OK, top billin guy is flat out insecure in his youtube replies to comments lol
He is constantly trying to fight strangers on the internet.....which usually means he can't fight and he needs an outlet to tell himself he can. He's a clown.

Latest posts