Rob Staton/Top Billin’ drama

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Top Billin dude does good videos but exudes "toxic male syndrome", I know he's a good guy but it's what he knows. Seahawks Draft Blog is run by a Seattle Seahawks fan. If I had to guess, top butthurt guy is cutting into english tea and scrumpet guy's gig, though, with subpar/superficial material. I've watched both, and I like them both.

Both are dedicate to their channel. Seahawks Draft Blog goes deeper. Top Billind angry guy knows his stuff.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
IMO Rob was way out of line to go and attack another content creator unprovoked. He created a video slandering other channels to get views and gains for himself.

I've always considered Rob's content to be trash tier and this just continues to help reinforce that.

Top Billin creates fair views and film studies of a team he isn't a fan of. Likely because he receives good support from fans inline with the quality of the content he produces.

toffee

Reaction score
From entertainment standpoint, whenever I watch Top Billin', 55% of the time I finished the whole clip, Staton? less than 10%. Just my 2 p.

I gave my response some thoughts, I felt like Top Billin's videos often featured game filmes, etc., and he analyse them somehow, circling player on screen etc., I felt like I was learning a bit or at least entertained that way. Rob's video normally had only him on the camera and just talled, not even some pages from profootball reference or pff or espn stat page, just him talk.

Last edited:

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I respect both dudes, Seahawks Draft guy has been following our team a lot longer. I hope they can coexist. Coolest shit ever would be if they publicly extended an olive branch to one another. Two different dudes, two different channels, how about some respect for one another? Rob I think "went there" first, or am I wrong?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
What makes Rob's content "trash"? That's a bold statement to make without extrapolation...
Rob doesn't have a grasp on Xs/Os type of content. He never has. He's solely a trends guy in terms of what Seattle will do at draft time, and has been stunningly wrong over the years on a ton of stuff.

He presents as the expert on every situation, but his content is nothing groundbreaking. Top Billin' is basically the same guy, but he actually knows what he's seeing on film whereas Rob has never shown that proficiency, going back to his days posting here.

Kinda like the time he was hawking Obi Melifonwu despite the guy clearly not being interested in playing or tackling on film, but all he could or would look at was the measurables.

Rob started the beef, too. Let's not act like he didn't.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
IMO Rob was way out of line to go and attack another content creator unprovoked. He created a video slandering other channels to get views and gains for himself.

I've always considered Rob's content to be trash tier and this just continues to help reinforce that.

Top Billin creates fair views and film studies of a team he isn't a fan of. Likely because he receives good support from fans inline with the quality of the content he produces.
The best articles on his site were Kearly calling his goddamn shot on both Bruce Irvin and Russell Wilson as a contributor in 2012. Nothing he's done has ever approached that quality.

toffee

Reaction score
Rob doesn't have a grasp on Xs/Os type of content. He never has. He's solely a trends guy in terms of what Seattle will do at draft time, and has been stunningly wrong over the years on a ton of stuff.

He presents as the expert on every situation, but his content is nothing groundbreaking. Top Billin' is basically the same guy, but he actually knows what he's seeing on film whereas Rob has never shown that proficiency, going back to his days posting here.

Kinda like the time he was hawking Obi Melifonwu despite the guy clearly not being interested in playing or tackling on film, but all he could or would look at was the measurables.

Rob started the beef, too. Let's not act like he didn't.
I think you nailed it. I felt like Rob could try a bit harder if he wanted his youtube channel to be more profitable. By the way, do you think Murph played coached balls? How's his X/O knowledge? To my untrained eyes, he knew hell of a lot more than me lol.

Last edited:

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I like both dudes for what they bring to the table. Rob is Seahawk centric and tells it like it is without sugar coating and his draft work is some of the best in the business.

Murph has never rubbed me the wrong way at all, and the way he explains the film work is both fun and simple to the casual fan. And I appreciate his humor because this is how football players see the game.

I agree it’s a bitch move by Rob to kind of call out all these youtubers or whatever and then publicize private messages.

Knowing Murp’s body of work it wasn’t going to end well… I would like to say those DMs were a bit too much but it’s pretty on point to how he replies to criticism. A little dramatic but bro can clown and sorry if you hate it but it’s hilarious.

In the very least all of this entertaining, but I’d be a little upset if Top Billin decides to drop the Seahawks from the channel as its is non-biased, he’s not a Seahawks fan, and he puts more work in his videos than anyone else that is in that similar category. Obviously, most youtubers adhere to the thumbnail/header attention-grab algorithm to get views especially if they have an editor and/or thumbnail guy that does the dirty work. I don’t find his content at all generic cookie cutter clickbait material that might come as recycled. He has a very knowledgeable perspective and understanding on how he sees the game, a refreshing approach and delivery on how he talks about the game with a personality that seems genuine even if he can come off abrasive and unforgiving.

Last edited:

CactusJack

Reaction score
Not really of a fan of either guy. I got into it with Rob last year. So I no longer follow him.

Top Billin' seems to produce clickbait content for the most part.

Last edited:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Not really of a fan of either guy. I got into it with Rob last year. Lost respect for the guy. So I no longer follow him.

The titles and thumbnails are mostly clickbait, just like Rob's. The actual videos are pretty balanced film review.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
What makes Rob's content "trash"? That's a bold statement to make without extrapolation...
He doesn't have any knowledge at all about what he makes claims about. It's just click bait and YouTube based shitposts. He really thinks his farts smell great as well.

He is the single most annoying and terrible YouTube content creator focused on the Seahawks. That's really saying something as well, as that's a few more out there that are pretty close to his level of trash tier content.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Not really of a fan of either guy. I got into it with Rob last year. Lost respect for the guy. So I no longer follow him.

Top Billin produces good film reviews and backs up the assertions he makes. Rob just pulls things out of his ass and passes them off as some sage wisdom.

toffee

Reaction score
Real professionals, by that I meant coaches, GMs, scouts, often got it wrong. On any given sunday, some real professionals will leave with tail between legs for getting scheme wrong, personnel wrong, etc etc., With that I don't expect armchair dudes trying to make a living on youtube will get it right, not most of the time anyways.

What I do expect are two things, to be entertained, and to get some information from the host if the host has done their homework on subject matter. Top Billin' seems to work a bit harder for his money, to my untrained eyes anyways.

I often remind myself not to make the following mistake, Rob seems to enjoy his opinions very much.

nc ohczk3vw0mm akAX Fn2OL nc htscontent lax3 2

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I'm just asking, what is it exactly, general examples please, of how Rob is in love with himself? I haven't seen it so that would be helpful.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I've watched the guy for like 4 years and he has his opinion and believes in it is all I've seen?

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
Lots of people saying TB trashes people a lot...that might be true, but Staton has certainly proven he can do the same. Just look at some of the replies he's given to some of his more critical viewers. I posted 3 examples, but I've seen him do this stuff before as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230508-181133.png
    Screenshot_20230508-181133.png
    829.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20230508-181202.png
    Screenshot_20230508-181202.png
    616 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20230508-181146.png
    Screenshot_20230508-181146.png
    551.1 KB · Views: 35

toffee

Reaction score
Murph of Top Billin' built, looked, and talked like he played and knows XO. Couldn't find his bio on his background though, anyone knows?