Rich Eisen: Seahawks Should Get Jimmy G

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Russ was primarily carried by a great running game and D. I imagine we would have won 2-3 SBs with that team if Flynn had been QB. Oh well. I still appreciate what Russ did for the city and his brand.
Russell Wilson won a Super Bowl. No matter what you want to hand wave about. Matt Flynn won none. That was my point. Follow along please.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Welshers you're trolling. Save that for the shack/political forum. Actually I have a feeling you're someone else...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
My god, you're full of funnies today. Thanks for the Monday Laugh. Good stuff.
Russ was carried? Now THAT is rich. I wonder if you even watch football Welshers. No "sources" needed. Just a flat out hilarious take, and not even close to accurate.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I don’t care specifically about Jimmy G but I wish they would do SOMETHING to improve the QB position.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I can see the Seahawks kicking the tires on him if the Niners ending releasing him. especially if Lock and Smith are having horrid camps / pre-season. But I don't see anyway they give up assets for him in a trade, especially since the Niners would probably not want to trade him in the division unless they get a ridiculously good offer

toffee

Reaction score
Russell Wilson is way better than Jimmy G, no comparison there at all.
Jimmy G vs Matt Flynn, no comparison either, Jimmy is better.
Matt Flynn vs Geno? umm, I will take Geno, but not sure.
Matt Flynn vs Lock? same as above.

flv2

Reaction score
Welshers you're trolling. Save that for the shack/political forum. Actually I have a feeling you're someone else...
...or at least troll using a different font colour font or /S designation.

Last edited:

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Russ was primarily carried by a great running game and D. I imagine we would have won 2-3 SBs with that team if Flynn had been QB. Oh well. I still appreciate what Russ did for the city and his brand.
More from the Russ haters. We'll never know how the past 10 years would have gone had we not drafted Russ, so I guess you can hypothesize anything you'd like, no matter how silly it sounds. Matt Flynn winning 2-3 SBs? Thanks for the morning chuckle.

Last edited:

Tusc2000

Reaction score
I’d certainly like to see proof that a top 3 pick will get you a franchise QB. Way too may high pick QB busts to make that statement. The best QB from the 2012 draft came in the third round. Never mind the two guys who went 1 and 2 that year.
Fair point. But while there are certainly cases of HOF guys like Russ, Montana, and Brady going in later rounds -- as well as busts like Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf being high picks -- I'd submit these are the exceptions. Simply put, you have a better chance of landing a franchise QB in the first round than you do with someone drafted later.

SeargentJ2/82

Reaction score
The whole issue is moot. The 9ers will never trade Jimmy to a conference rival. They'll carry his salary until a contending AFC team loses its QB for the season and is desperate enough to mortgage their next two years of top picks for a shot at the ring now.

We have no shot at the ring this year. The whole point of this season is to get a top 3 pick and draft a franchise QB that can be with us for a decade. And even if Jimmy were to get picked up by us as a free agent, we'd go from 3-14 to maybe 7-8, and be back in no man's land, drafting 14th or 15th, and watching the next Joe Burrow or Josh Allen get snapped up by the NY Giants or Detroit Lions.
Why do people on here automatically think a high draft pick is always going to work out. Didn't the Dolphins just get in trouble for tanking, because that's what your saying? Help me understand how an unknown pick is going to miraculously make us better. Jimmy G. at least gives us a shot at the playoffs with what we have for weapons. Sorry I'm not a suck for picks type of guy.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Why do people on here automatically think a high draft pick is always going to work out. Didn't the Dolphins just get in trouble for tanking, because that's what your saying? Help me understand how an unknown pick is going to miraculously make us better. Jimmy G. at least gives us a shot at the playoffs with what we have for weapons. Sorry I'm not a suck for picks type of guy.
Great point. And how well is Tua working out for them...

AVL

Reaction score
Matt Flynn, with a solid 5 mill contract, got cut clean for Terrel Pryor. When did the clowns take this place over?

Chawker

Reaction score
We don't have the cap space to sign jimmy G. So who gets the ax ? That would put us rigth back to a Russ W. State.