Rich Eisen: Seahawks Should Get Jimmy G

Spohawks

Reaction score
Its pretty obvious to me what will happen. Jimbo is cut, 49ers get into the bidding war and win him back at a small fraction of the orginal price. He knows the system, they know him, its the cost that is the issue and that will be solved though free agency.

The Hawks have no use for Jimmy. Dilfer won a Super Bowl and then looked panicky here...that NFC Championship win means nothing, especially after an injury.

nanomoz

Reaction score
That locker room doesn't become Lance's until Jimmy is gone. He's loved by his teammates and has earned a ton of good will. This matters. And a lot of folks, especially Ninnie fans, overlook it.

I'm always unsure of how seriously I should take Welshers, but I'm okay with it. Because I think Welshers is unsure of how seriously Welshers should take Welshers.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
A media personality giving his opinion that a team should do something does not mean the move is actually happening or anything is happening behind the scenes working towards it. That should be an obvious statement, but maybe not

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
A media personality giving his opinion that a team should do something does not mean the move is actually happening or anything is happening behind the scenes working towards it. That should be an obvious statement, but maybe not
It’s an obvious talking point for media personalities. Especially after the article came out that the Seahawks have the 34th and 35th ranked QBs at QB1and 2. Doesn’t take a genius to look at that list and see Jimmy G higher that Smith and Lock. Couple that with the news that SF wants to be done with him and they all jump to the conclusion that he will be a Seahawk.
Everyone except maybe Pete and John. Time will tell but I’m doubtful more and more as training camp days near themselves to game days.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
It’s an obvious talking point for media personalities. Especially after the article came out that the Seahawks have the 34th and 35th ranked QBs at QB1and 2. Doesn’t take a genius to look at that list and see Jimmy G higher that Smith and Lock. Couple that with the news that SF wants to be done with him and they all jump to the conclusion that he will be a Seahawk.
Everyone except maybe Pete and John. Time will tell but I’m doubtful more and more as training camp days near themselves to game days.
I like how, when discussing media "making things up", you make things up. "They ALL jump to the conclusion that he WILL be a Seahawk.". The story we're talking about doesn't even say that, much less the "rest" of them. Some of you guys get your knickers in such a twist so often about The Media it's comical.

Fuddhawk

Reaction score
Do you think Jimmy G = winning a NFC Championship?

1. We don't even know if he's healthy. He's yet to throw coming off season ending surgery.
2. Camp has already started. So even if he did come to Seattle I doubt we'd even see him until well into the regular season when he's fully healthy and has command enough of the playbook.

IMO Jimmy G's been overrated his entire tenure in SF. He's won off the back of a top 5 defense and run game. So to come to a team with the youngest O-line in the entire league in the early stages of a full rebuild? Eh, he's MAYBE the difference between a 7-8 win team, and a 6-7 win team.

That's not enough for me. No thanks.
You mean like Russell Wilson when the Seahawks won the Super Bowl??

Threedee

Reaction score
Fair point but Pete was a lot younger then too, so I would guess his patience in that regard isn't the same? It wouldn't shock me though if he thinks he can coach another 10 years and truly is taking a slower approach.
I'm pretty sure Pete was never young. :D

Tusc2000

Reaction score
The whole issue is moot. The 9ers will never trade Jimmy to a conference rival. They'll carry his salary until a contending AFC team loses its QB for the season and is desperate enough to mortgage their next two years of top picks for a shot at the ring now.

We have no shot at the ring this year. The whole point of this season is to get a top 3 pick and draft a franchise QB that can be with us for a decade. And even if Jimmy were to get picked up by us as a free agent, we'd go from 3-14 to maybe 7-8, and be back in no man's land, drafting 14th or 15th, and watching the next Joe Burrow or Josh Allen get snapped up by the NY Giants or Detroit Lions.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Talk about a double take moment. But remember, there are people on here who think that the Hawks would have won Super Bowl's with Matt effin Flynn so...........

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
The whole issue is moot. The 9ers will never trade Jimmy to a conference rival. They'll carry his salary until a contending AFC team loses its QB for the season and is desperate enough to mortgage their next two years of top picks for a shot at the ring now.

We have no shot at the ring this year. The whole point of this season is to get a top 3 pick and draft a franchise QB that can be with us for a decade. And even if Jimmy were to get picked up by us as a free agent, we'd go from 3-14 to maybe 7-8, and be back in no man's land, drafting 14th or 15th, and watching the next Joe Burrow or Josh Allen get snapped up by the NY Giants or Detroit Lions.
I’d certainly like to see proof that a top 3 pick will get you a franchise QB. Way too may high pick QB busts to make that statement. The best QB from the 2012 draft came in the third round. Never mind the two guys who went 1 and 2 that year.

toffee

Reaction score
I think we could all agree that Jimmy's performance with 9ers is Jimmy's ceiling. Geno at his best may or may not play at that level. I think Jimmy can win us 2-3 additional games this season compare to Geno or Lock.

Jimmy vs Geno? Jimmy has quicker release and Geno has stronger arm, but Jimmy enjoyed great coaching his entire professional career, Geno? not so much.

Last edited: