HawkMeat

Reaction score
That is exactly what I was going to point out. With yesterday's news the giants have the same number of ped suspensions. Yet, no article, nothing. I don't care but it is interesting because when the hawks took the lead articles popped up immediately.

formido

Reaction score
MLTHawk":1bm6k96v said:
All this PED cheater seahawks talk is really starting to get to me. I was on nfl.com and it was everywhere. It's a fact that all teams get busted, so I guess I just don't understand why it always seems like there is a ton of hate against Seattle teams.

I fear the seahawks creating a legacy of winning and all anyone will point to is that we cheated to get there. Maybe it's my own doubts and the fact that it may be true. I read a pretty good article about it, over at hawkblogger, and it put me at ease a bit.
http://www.hawkblogger.com/2013/06/jim- ... itter.html

I guess I just feel like to have a quarterback that looks to be such a genuine guy, it's a shame what this teams reputation is.

Do you guys think this cheater seahawks thing will stick, or is it just a this year thing?

I think it will stick in the same way that the Pats cheaters label has stuck, which it has. Almost every recent champion has a segment of vocal detractors with some criticism that sticks to some degree or another.

It's all in your perspective. You should really learn to own it. Bad boys win a lot of championships. When Seahawks haters say these things, it warms my heart because they're not football criticisms. Our enemies are reduced to moralizing.

I wish more Hawk fans could learn to poke fun at this type of thing instead of rage over it because it makes it harder for me to taunt Niners in mixed forums when half my fellows are trying to "defend" the players. They don't need defending. As a libertarian and a bit of a libertine, I've got a natural "don't care" attitude about critical moralizing, so maybe it's just something you have or don't.

Probably the only moral thing that would make me hate a Hawk player is if they were a party to murder or intentionally tried to injure other players, e.g., James Harrison making disgusting rationalizations about how he "had" to take out some dude's knee because players aren't allowed to spear ball carriers anymore.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
HawkMeat":1kt4g5f0 said:
That is exactly what I was going to point out. With yesterday's news the giants have the same number of ped suspensions. Yet, no article, nothing. I don't care but it is interesting because when the hawks took the lead articles popped up immediately.

wasn't the giants receiver suspended for substance abuse (recreational drugs i.e. pot) as opposed to PED's though? They are different.

Laloosh

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":35fo429o said:
Will the PED/cheater label stick? Maybe, probably. But as long as we keep winning it doesn't really matter to me.

All the hate out there is great, I love it. I rather be hated than ignored.

The hate = significance. If we're hated so much, we're doing something right.

This is the type of response that bothers me. Only a little, but it does. Given a choice, I prefer that my team kicks ass without having to defend a poor reputation regarding PEDs or childish remarks about opposing teams, coaches and/or players.

To the OP. I think we're stuck w/ it for the foreseeable future unless PC shoots a hostage so to speak. Next guy that gets popped is benched for the season or released outright. Send a message. Only my opinion and i'm not paid big bucks to make such decisions but that is my thought.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":241yh620 said:
twisted_steel2":241yh620 said:
Will the PED/cheater label stick? Maybe, probably. But as long as we keep winning it doesn't really matter to me.

This is the type of response that bothers me. Only a little, but it does. Given a choice, I prefer that my team kicks ass without having to defend a poor reputation regarding PEDs or childish remarks about opposing teams, coaches and/or players.

I still don't understand what I said that bothers you. Did you quote the wrong post? :Dunno:

HawkMeat

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2aqs0kap said:
HawkMeat":2aqs0kap said:

wasn't the giants receiver suspended for substance abuse (recreational drugs i.e. pot) as opposed to PED's though? They are different.

Yes, substance abuse policy. Kind of silly though. Recreational is a term used to minimize a substances usage and abuse. So, does the nfl recognize other stimulant use as a ped or substance abuse?

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
It's the offseason. People are desperate for something to talk about, so I don't let it bother me. Other teams and players will get popped, TCs will get going, and the story will get put away for more meaningful discussion.

Tical21

Reaction score
At this point, it goes away if the problem is handled. If it keeps happening, I will in fact consider any winning to be tainted by cheating. I don't care what anybody else thinks as long as I can look in the mirror and be satisfied. I'm pretty strict on these matters though. My blood and sweat went into baseball for just about my whole life, and I haven't really watched since 1998.
Who are we kidding though? It is all a joke until they test for HGH. Adderall? Really? Half the league is on HGH and we are cheaters because of adderall?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Tical21":219cnyqb said:
At this point, it goes away if the problem is handled. If it keeps happening, I will in fact consider any winning to be tainted by cheating. I don't care what anybody else thinks as long as I can look in the mirror and be satisfied. I'm pretty strict on these matters though. My blood and sweat went into baseball for just about my whole life, and I haven't really watched since 1998.
Who are we kidding though? It is all a joke until they test for HGH. Adderall? Really? Half the league is on HGH and we are cheaters because of adderall?
You do know that it probably isn't Adderall? Adderall is just a codeword for HGH and steriods or do you suddenly buy Peterson and RG3 coming back so fast and just as good without that in the mix when combined with better medical techniques and rehabilitation programs?

Laloosh

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":1rqko1oh said:
E.C. Laloosh":1rqko1oh said:
twisted_steel2":1rqko1oh said:

I still don't understand what I said that bothers you. Did you quote the wrong post? :Dunno:

Sorry Twisted, I wasn't clear about that, was I?

The statement about hate equating to significance. I just don't buy into that line of thinking. I think 49ers fans (for example), really blow things out of proportion but many people (media and fans alike) have legitimate reason to criticize some of the things happening with our team off of the field. I'm not bothered by what is being said by either, I am simply bothered by the actions/comments coming out of our players. Guess I'm a fan of the adage, "walk softly and carry a big stick".

As I eluded to, I don't lose sleep over it but I don't understand the justification.

CANHawk

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":1hfzzsf1 said:
Tical21":1hfzzsf1 said:
You do know that it probably isn't Adderall? Adderall is just a codeword for HGH and steriods or do you suddenly buy Peterson and RG3 coming back so fast and just as good without that in the mix when combined with better medical techniques and rehabilitation programs?

Adderall very well could be "code word" for steroids, but not HGH. You can't catch HGH on a piss test and right now that's all the league is allowed to do. You need blood tests to catch HGH and as per the CBA, the NFL doesn't have the right to draw blood from the players.

Tical21

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":2enu9b7s said:
Tical21":2enu9b7s said:
Besides the fact that they can't test for HGH without blood and nobody uses steroids anymore, your argument sure holds water! 18 million people are prescribed adderall and millions more use it to gain alertness. If you are convinced that lots of athletes aren't users, I'm not sure this discussion is worth having.

Clayfighter

Reaction score
I feel like this topic has been kicked around so much. Obviously there isn't enough real news in the off-season. It is lame that this is all there is to talk about. Can't wait for the season to start so people can talk about how great our team is playing and how Marshawn is running through brick walls instead! :179422:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Not saying that atheletes don't use it given it's this generation's black beauties/NoDoz etc, but I do think it is used as a codeword. I do know that it takes blood tests for HGH. And the Player's union wants none of testing for it. My point is I think HGH is rampant thoughout the NFL and steriods haven't disappeared either. But HGH would be the way to go since it's completely untested for.

kearly

Reaction score
I love the haters. Hating over Adderall is just their warped way of acknowledging how good our team is.

hyrailyn

Reaction score
I say embrace it... We can change the name of the Hawks Nest to The Pharmacy. All ticket holders in that section should wear pharmaceutical jackets!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
hyrailyn":ghs1curi said:
I say embrace it... We can change the name of the Hawks Nest to The Pharmacy. All ticket holders in that section should wear pharmaceutical jackets!
Ok, this made me giggle. Good show sir.:)

mikeak

Reaction score
fenderbender123":gyiqwjrr said:
What I really really really don't get..and not one person has EVER responded when I say this...but how in the hell are the Seahawks CHEATING?

Cheating:
Act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage

How the hell is getting players suspended for 4 game gaining an advantage? If anything we've handicapped ourselves.

The hate is a by-product of the rest of the NFL fans recognizing we are the best. They will find something to hate on and ram it down our throats while we cruise our way to a championship.

Are you really questioning how we are cheating - really? Players getting caught cheating get suspended. It is the punishment for an act done to gain advantage. Cheating is not actually getting an overall advantage it is acting to get one. Huge difference and of that several of our players are guilty. At some point the organization as a whole is guilty based on its failure to develop a culture of not cheating.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
MLTHawk":279ni4b7 said:
Do you guys think this cheater seahawks thing will stick, or is it just a this year thing?
You'd better get used to it. As long as "Pete the Cheat" is coaching, it will always be a subtext. The Adderall stuff just put fuel on a fire that was already burning among Carroll haters.