Report: Geno told he will be retained in 2024

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
With a new OC that has zero NFL experience and Geno learning a whole new offense....

I would venture to say that Geno will have a down year this season.

If you don't think so, you are fooling yourself.

This time next year, there will be zero interest in Geno.

They should have traded him this year and maybe got something for him.
You know, you told me I was fooling myself once before about Geno, and you ended up suddenly leaving the forum for several months after that one, so...

I dunno. I don't think you know what the future holds, and I think you overrate the obstacles presented by learning "a whole new offense." Grubb would be kind of dogshit if he wasn't tailoring his offense to his personnel, no? Is everyone expected to suck ass year 1 because "new offense?"

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Who's your choice for QBOTF next year?
I'm really anxious to see how things go for him this year but I began watching him play HS ball and have seen how things transpired with him since. My guy is Jalon Daniels @Kansas. He will be a Heisman candidate again this year. Hope he gets through this year without injury. I truly believe he can be as good as anyone playing the position now.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Out of curiosity who is available next year?

From my understanding it's a pretty weak draft class, but I haven't really thought about next year's college talent yet so I'm curious
I've read comments saying that too. I also heard the same sentiments last year about this year. I think it's just blather from folks who don't really know.

12forlife

Reaction score
I've read comments saying that too. I also heard the same sentiments last year about this year. I think it's just blather from folks who don't really know.
No it's not just "blather" whatever the hell that means? As of right now the top 2 QB's for next year are Sanders & Quinn. Neither are elite prospects at this point.
This class has been getting hype for awhile now.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Seahawks likely have a list of QBs they would consider QBOtF prospects and a list of projects. If a QBOTF drops to them then Geno will serve as trade bait or bridge. If a project comes their way in the late rounds, Geno will stay as bridge while they evaluate the new guy. If they don’t draft acQB, they’ll stick with Geno and try to re-sign Lock.

That seems the most sensible path right now.

But then again, they could trade Geno to Denver for Wilson provided Denver eats the guarantees.

DirectMessage

Reaction score
JS isn't going to get fired for keeping Geno. He will get fired if he doesn't find the QBOTF this year. It would be a miracle if Geno didn't miss some time from injuries, so any rookie might get some time anyway this year.

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
The future of the head coach, GM, and himself all lay within Geno's hands.

Not to mention, the reputation of Geno's top advocates here at .NET

Seahawker

Reaction score
Are we going to win the Superbowl in 2024? Probably not.
Is Geno a better QB than half the present quarterbacks? Yes.
Is Geno a better QB than say... Trent Dilfer? I would say yes.
Will we be able to draft the next best franchise QB in April? Not likely to no.
Can they start rebuilding this team and begin to compete in the playoffs again? Yes.
Fd8e26996d8565fec54356d8f111c6f8cff1bf8f2f1ccbabbf7523632922e4d8 173c247c01e20fdb57b52f72ab79f839519182c9b9c08f917118f6e28106a5afd 1

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score

Buddy, if you're still here after how absolutely punishingly wrong you were in 2022, anything is possible for Geno advocates going forward.

BlueTalon

Reaction score

Assuming Macdaddy gets the defense whipped into some kind of shape, and the O line gets bolstered, I'm confident Geno will do his job more than adequately.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I book-marked this thread for future reference.
Nice. I've bookmarked a few that you've advised me to in the past, like this beauty right here from 2022 when you tried to predict Geno's statline for the year.

0-4 record, 700 yards passing, 8 TDs, 6 ints, 2 lost fumbles, sacked for 50 yards total.

Benched following embarrassing loss to Detroit.

Save this for future reference.

This, of course, was followed by you going radio silent for 11 months as Geno put together an unequivocally top-10 year.