REPORT: Baker Deal Nearly Done

Shaz Magoon

Reaction score
I don't care what anyone says...I would love Mayfield to come here IF the price is right. I love his moxy, bravado, and you can sure as hell believe he has a giant chip on his shoulder to prove the doubters wrong. And you know how our culture loves to cultivate players with chips on their shoulder. Bring him in and watch him win the job between him, Geno and Lock.

I don't really see a downside here unless we pay too much for him. Otherwise, I dig the deal. Get it done.

**** to the no. In no way shape or form is there any value to bringing him on board

James in PA

Reaction score
At least this thread is almost done.

C’mon July 26th!
No way! We must keep this thread going, even after Baker signs somewhere else, as a reminder of how inaccurate these "reports" usually are.

Spohawks

Reaction score
The Browns needs a QB, trade Geno for Mayfield...both are 50/50 QBs but Mayfield has more upside.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Ian Rapoport

is reporting and as now published by PFT.com the Seahawks have never had any strong interest in Mayfield.

nwHawk

Reaction score
If the Seahawks really did have an interest, which I doubt, they could have ponied up a 5th round pick. It was always kick the tires and pass.

Ruminator

Reaction score
So if anyone in this thread said "Oh yeah, BAKER! That would be a total score for us if we get him!" (or something along those lines), and if in the next 3 to 5 years Baker takes the Panthers to the Stupid Bowl, kindly revive this thread for some more interesting and entertaining discussion.

WarHawks

Reaction score
SO glad they didn't get him. A bright future awaits. Let's fly!

fullquartpress

Reaction score
So if anyone in this thread said "Oh yeah, BAKER! That would be a total score for us if we get him!" (or something along those lines), and if in the next 3 to 5 years Baker takes the Panthers to the Stupid Bowl, kindly revive this thread for some more interesting and entertaining discussion.
Silnce I've observed that the NFL is a 'team' sport, it's possible that the Panthers could take Baker to the Stupid Bowl.

Own The West

Reaction score
The team that paid a 2nd, 4th, and a 6th for Sam Darnold offered up a conditional 5th rounder two years from now for Baker Mayfield -- and Cleveland jumped on it. That's how the league values Baker Mayfield.

I wouldn't be surprised if Corral was the starter by mid-season either. Then we can start this foolishness all over again when Mayfield's a UFA next year.

chrispy

Reaction score
...seems like all these (4?) threads about Carolina signing Baker Mayfield should be moved to the NFL forum. ...not Seahawks related, quite possibly never was.