Redskins or Vikings?

Optimus25

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2n4sadz3 said:
Optimus25":2n4sadz3 said:
getnasty":2n4sadz3 said:
Vikings don't scare me a bit, Redskins maybe a little. DeSean Jackson and especially Jordan Reed are very tough match ups. Redskins Defense is underrated too.

I just don't understand this narrative. Washington has zero quality wins this year. 0.

Repeat, 0 wins against any team I'd even remotely consider quality.

I'm not sure of Minnesota's injury situation, but remember they were missing their best 3 players defensively when we played there. That will make it way different and way more intense.

For me it's the reverse. The Vikings scare me a bit. Skins scare me almost zero.

Having Smith and Barr out...not to mention the OTHER safety out....they were playing with 2 backup safeties, backup linebacker and backup dt...basically missing 3 of their 4 best defensive players IMO..other one is Rhodes at CB

Exactly. I think some folks aren't giving them a fair shake for how difficult it would be to go there again and play. Versus playing one of the weakest teams to make the playoffs this season. And it seems everyone is buying cousins, although his biggest test this year was against Carolina where they got slaughtered. Let alone all they've done is run thru Chicago, buffalo, Philly, and Dallas lately, which is cute. Really cute.

ivotuk

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2xs2l81r said:
Optimus25":2xs2l81r said:
getnasty":2xs2l81r said:
Vikings don't scare me a bit, Redskins maybe a little. DeSean Jackson and especially Jordan Reed are very tough match ups. Redskins Defense is underrated too.

I just don't understand this narrative. Washington has zero quality wins this year. 0.

I'm not sure of Minnesota's injury situation, but remember they were missing their best 3 players defensively when we played there. That will make it way different and way more intense.

For me it's the reverse. The Vikings scare me a bit. Skins scare me almost zero.

Having Smith and Barr out...not to mention the OTHER safety out....they were playing with 2 backup safeties, backup linebacker and backup dt...basically missing 3 of their 4 best defensive players IMO..other one is Rhodes at CB

Great points!!!

Linval Joseph is a monster! And he was out when we played them.

I think we will see a different Vikings Defense tonight.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I don't think it matters where the Seahawks go next week and I hate the packers, so I will be rooting for the Vikings.

getnasty

Reaction score
Who is Teddy Bridgewater throwing too? No way Pete let's AP do anything against us. I just don't like Deshawn Shead vs DeSean Jackson idea and Tight ends absolutely kill us. I'm telling you Jordan Reed is playing like the best TE in the league, and that includes Gronk.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Forgot to mention that Peterson is also once again the leagues leading rusher...Might of had some success against him lately but he did go off for 182 yards with 2TD in 2012 in Seattle and most of that was just from the first half. As it is...right now the Vikings D is 6th in the league in PPG with 19.3. Redskins are 23rd. Offense for both is 14th and 15th for ppg.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
getnasty":2uv2ndsg said:
Who is Teddy Bridgewater throwing too? No way Pete let's AP do anything against us. I just don't like Deshawn Shead vs DeSean Jackson idea and Tight ends absolutely kill us. I'm telling you Jordan Reed is playing like the best TE in the league, and that includes Gronk.

I heard that Stefon Diggs guy is pretty good...you know..with his 712 yards as a rookie and all. Not like Rudolph is a slouch at TE either...he has 49 catches 495 yards and 5TD on the year....obv Reed is playing amazing though.

Redskins have zero running game too. Their leading rusher is Morris with 651 yards and Matt Jones with 490 yards. Peterson has almost 300 yards more than both of them combined with tonights game to go.

Also Mike Wallace is basically the Vikings version of DeSean Jackson

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
getnasty":q3yfxrvd said:

Great defense is worse for the Hawks than great offense. The Vikings D could play well against us, we likely slaughter Washingtons D.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Saw a post on Reddit from a Skins fan who is "respected" in the Hawk Reddit forum. He says that the field at Fedex is much better this year. So I am not so concerned about that.

I'll gladly face the Skins to get to AZ again instead of having to go to CAR first. Rather save CAR for the Championship and destroy their dreams of a Super Bowl yet again!

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Im rooting for the scenario that allows the Hawks to play on FedEx field. Don't need to lose anyone for the next round. So go Vikes.

chris98251

Reaction score
Field much better, that's a perspective thing, the whole thing was a dumpster fire, half that would still be a bad field.

seabowl

Reaction score
The question really should be would you rather play Carolina or Arizona? Then you choose who you want next week.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'd like the SKins just to eliminate them. Again.

That would be amusing.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3e06p0yy said:
Optimus25":3e06p0yy said:
getnasty":3e06p0yy said:

I don't believe that the Redskins have beaten any team with a better than .500 record. The media is overhyping them based on thrashing subpar teams.

I think the Vikes have only beat one, the Chiefs, and they were 1-4 at the time. This is going off what my brother just told me. He is a Viking fan.

Keyhawk

Reaction score
Packers tonight to give us the 5 seed, which gives us a chance to host NFC title game.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":o23m5mfl said:
Saw a post on Reddit from a Skins fan who is "respected" in the Hawk Reddit forum. He says that the field at Fedex is much better this year. So I am not so concerned about that.

I'll gladly face the Skins to get to AZ again instead of having to go to CAR first. Rather save CAR for the Championship and destroy their dreams of a Super Bowl yet again!

People are still treating three years ago like it was recent. That game was three years ago. Three. Years. Ago.

Not only have they been doing a better job with their field, but the weather has been ridiculously warm this year there. None of the winter breakdown from that year.

It's still a grass field, but the perception here is so disparate from reality, it's weird.

Jeremy517

Reaction score
seabowl":nfbzi7dq said:
The question really should be would you rather play Carolina or Arizona? Then you choose who you want next week.

The second-round opponent is not guaranteed if we're the 5 seed. Carolina plays the lowest-remaining seed, which is the 6 if both wildcards win or the 5/6 if only one wildcard team wins.

massari

Reaction score
kearly":p7b3ul0m said:
Or Packers.

If the GB/MIN game tonight ends in a tie, Seattle would head to Lambeau as a 6 seed.
I think GB would give up a TD on purpose in the final seconds to avoid that from happening.

Though a tie would be the best scenario for the Vikings so I don't think they'd want to score lol.

Latest posts