RBBC in Seattle according to Bevell

Jville

Reaction score
Here’s how Bevell clarified the statement: “I was referring to a question at that thing and I was thinking more out here (at OTAs). We’re rolling all those guys and liking what we see from them. Just kind of moving them around. That’s not our policy. That’s not something that we talk about or do that way. Just something I threw out there, really was thinking about the OTAs

Read more here: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks ... more-25691#storylink=cpy
I understood what Bevell was talking about. I thought he was clear. But, that doesn't prevent some from running with statements and fitting them around their own preferences.

The thing many struggle with remembering is that the coaches and players are all about the present and working on today. So there will continue to be those that will jump to infer for their own purposes .... disseminating bad information.

Inferences are often just noise.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Tical21":gbsrq9k7 said:
What I think Bevell meant is more along the lines that Michael will get into the mix and get some carries.

The conundrum is that Lynch is one of those backs that sometimes takes a workload to get going, and the more you give him the ball, the more he wears down the defense, and that can pay big dividends in the second half. There are games where the offense is a little stagnant early, and Lynch has like 20 yards in the first half. In those games, they make it a point to keep establishing him and involve him more in the second half. Since our style lends itself to close games, Lynch is even more vital.

The NFC Championship game is a prime example. Lynch pounds and pounds in a close game with mediocre results, and then ultimately busts that big run in the second half that changes the game. That may not have ever happened had we not let him get to that point. So while the theory of lightening his load and involving others sounds great in an interview, I don't know that it is reality when the chips are on the table. You're telling me in a close game, we're not going to feed the beast?

Totally agree.

Almost every team is "RBBC" when you get down to it. Sometimes intent is lost to semantics. Part of Bevell's job is to motivate. It wouldn't serve him to come out, during OTAs and say...this is a one horse race. I do believe we will not again see ML carry the ball more than 20x PG, but there will be several reasons for that, and none (imo) of them suggesting Lynch is simply losing his hold on the 1 spot. At least not in 2014.