RB competition

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Just got done watching Kenneth Dixon's runs tonight and he had a nice looking game. Even had a run where he ran over a DL going into a pile and them came out the other side before falling down for 12 yards, looking a bit like Beast Mode. Really has a nice sidestep move without losing vertical speed too.

Prosise better be good, damn it.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Food for thought.

Prosise 10 yard split: 1.57
Collins 10 yard split: 1.62

A to Z for 10 yards, Collins arrives a full half second later. Does that sound like a lot? Does the difference between a 4.5 40 and a 5.0 40 sound like a lot? Collin's won't be a creator, per se. If the OL can get him going then he can use some fairly decent moves to keep his forward momentum going, but if there is trouble at or behind the LOS, then he's at a severe, severe disadvantage given his lack of quickness. Oddly enough, the best part of his times are between the 10 and 20 yard line before tailing off on the latter half of the 40.

I'd be curious to see what those numbers would look like if he were to lose that chubbyness though. His vision surprises me at times and he could give himself some better tools to take advantage of that.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3grkz46k said:
chris98251":3grkz46k said:
Without a true FB we may keep all of them.
This is my view. Fullback is pretty much a legacy position that isn't needed with the advent and proliferation of the spread and it's concepts.

I agree. We can throw a young d linemen in for a few plays if we need a fullback. Or even have a tightend slide back a few times a game. If so, it would be cool to keep all of the running backs. I would bet money they keep at least four. Rawls, michael, collins and prosise. They would try and seek brooks on to the practice squad. There is no way that prosise would clear waivers and make it to ps. I doubt brooks will either, but maybe. Hope they keep all 5 and get madden on the ps.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Hm, possibly even more interesting...Rawls 10 yd split was 1.63, worse than Collins. We have quite a few DL who have better splits than that.

For comparison.

Michael's is a ridiculous 1.49
Cliff Avril is a freakish 1.50 for a DL
Paul Richardson's is 1.53. Same as DeSean Jackson.
Lockett's was not recorded at the combine, for some reason, even though he ran the 40, which makes no damn sense at all.

I guess I should also note that this is really only a measure of vertical acceleration and has little bearing on lateral quickness and how that pertains to balance/center of gravity.

EDIT: Oh, and Lynch's was 1.53 back when he actually really was 215 pounds as a youngin.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
vin.couve12":92wb39ss said:
Food for thought.

A to Z for 10 yards, Collins arrives a full half second later.
I think that's actually 5 one-hundredths of a second later. Like the difference between a 4.5 and a 4.55. Doesn't sound quite as bad that way. :)

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
And the way they run the 40 at the Combine, it's more a track event than a football move.

WRs, defensive backs, LBs and running backs should start from a standing naturally posture... and offense and interior defensive lineman should start from a 3-point stance. Edge rushers should start the same way as WRs and running backs.

Ony then would the 10-yard splits be truly meaningful.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":1nqgslkp said:
vin.couve12":1nqgslkp said:
Food for thought.

I think that's actually 5 one-hundredths of a second later. Like the difference between a 4.5 and a 4.55. Doesn't sound quite as bad that way. :)
:34853_doh: Well damn. I guess that's why I shouldn't post after a few. Nice catch.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
vin.couve12":zigdphvt said:
HawkAroundTheClock":zigdphvt said:
vin.couve12":zigdphvt said:
Food for thought.

:34853_doh: Well damn. I guess that's why I shouldn't post after a few. Nice catch.
It's funny, I only caught it because I was doing the exact same thing with distances just the other day. :lol:

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Collin's first series was mixed. Looked pretty good getting N/S and not going down easy. Then on his 3rd carry, he must have thought he was still in college and tried to get cute, looking really slow and slow footed doing so. Hopefully he learns from it and keeps his nose N/S where he'll have much more success at this level.

dogorama

Reaction score
vin.couve12":20acydrp said:
Collin's first series was mixed. Looked pretty good getting N/S and not going down easy. Then on his 3rd carry, he must have thought he was still in college and tried to get cute, looking really slow and slow footed doing so. Hopefully he learns from it and keeps his nose N/S where he'll have much more success at this level.

That was on Boykin, he should have pulled that ball back in and ran.

ACFan

Reaction score
Hate that I missed the start of the game.

C-Mike put up some decent numbers, didn't see how. Collins was on and off the field so quick, I almost missed him.

Looked like he had two 5 yard carries, then got hit as he was being handed the ball for a 5 yard loss.

I saw the reception, nothing big but looked like a natural doing it, crisp route, caught in traffic at LOS, pushed guy ahead for four yards.

I though Farmer looked OK, ran hard the times I saw him.

Hopefully more touches for AC this Thursday. gonna catch every down of that one.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
ACFan":1z429byk said:

C-Mike put up some decent numbers, didn't see how. Collins was on and off the field so quick, I almost missed him.

Looked like he had two 5 yard carries, then got hit as he was being handed the ball for a 5 yard loss.

I saw the reception, nothing big but looked like a natural doing it, crisp route, caught in traffic at LOS, pushed guy ahead for four yards.

Hopefully more touches for AC this Thursday. gonna catch every down of that one.

Just a heads up, the NFL Network is showing the game again tomorrow night.

ACFan

Reaction score
bigtrain21":323hiwba said:
ACFan":323hiwba said:

thanks, I really want to see how C-Mike and the starting O-line looked.

sutz

Reaction score
ACFan":1p5ukgp3 said:
bigtrain21":1p5ukgp3 said:
ACFan":1p5ukgp3 said:

thanks, I really want to see how C-Mike and the starting O-line looked.
If you're in the Seattle market, the game will be on today (Sunday) at 3:30pm on Joe TV, CH110 on Comcast. ;)