Ravens DC Mike McDonald

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I haven't seen anyone figure out & neutralize modern day offenses as much as he has.
The hope would be that while the rest of the NFC West domineers zig, we zag against them. Instead of getting into an arms race on offense, we look for their kryptonite on defense.

Particularly attractive to do that rather than trying to offensively outscheme 2 of the 3 best offensive minds in all of football every year.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I would not be surprised to see McDonald or Evero at Head Coach and Sanjay Lal at OC. Just a feeling.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I think Mcdonald is the target, just can’t shake the feeling that what he has done against the new West Coast offense is what this team needs to turn the corner.
We haven't even interviewed Macdonald yet.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
The one caveat I have regarding Macdonald is the same with our other candidates. We're hiring him as a head coach...who will be hiring others to be the coordinators. So just because he is a defensive whiz doesn't mean the coach he hires will turn out to be that way.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I agree. Anyone that thought Dan Quinn was a slam dunk is in for a surprise.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I’m a little worried Macdonald won’t want to come to Seattle.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
And we've had a huge bunch of second interviews yet have made zero progress on a hire, and are not expected to until after the championship weekend.

Kind of sounds like they're waiting on some guys, no?

Also, the Fowler tweet above.
It could be that they’re in competition for someone like Johnson. We had the opportunity to bring Macdonald in but we didn’t. There hasn’t been a peep about the Seahawks and Macdonald thus far.

There is the possibility that we hire him, but we’ve shown zero interest thus far. I’m just not seeing it right now. If we were going to hire him don’t you think the ball would at least have the ball rolling by now?

bigcc

Reaction score
We haven't even interviewed Macdonald yet.
We literally haven't been able to because of odd timing with ravens having a bye in the playoffs and when Carroll was let go

Also Schefter just said we're interested in him like 2 hours ago soooo.....

Last edited:

bigcc

Reaction score
I’m a little worried Macdonald won’t want to come to Seattle.
A team that just went 9-8 in a city that doesn't have income tax?

I find it incredibly difficult to believe that more than a very very small handful of coordinators for literally any team in the nfl would turn down being HC here in order to remain a coordinator and test the waters the year after

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Mike Macdonald would be particularly interesting in terms of what we'll see out of Jordyn Brooks.

His contract is gonna be hard to swallow at first, but uh... he stands to potentially go sicko mode in that scenario.

bigcc

Reaction score
Mike Macdonald would be particularly interesting in terms of what we'll see out of Jordyn Brooks.

His contract is gonna be hard to swallow at first, but uh... he stands to potentially go sicko mode in that scenario.
Depends on exactly how hard to swallow....

highest paid ILB per year over contract 2024

10: Ja'whuan Bentley (6.75 mil)
16: Devin Lloyd (3.2 mil)

Something like 4/24 with 4 mil for bonuses like TO+sack or pro bowl over duration of contract feels about right.

If he wants anything over that let him walk and enjoy the comp pick

Can't wait for the "Pete was too loyal to players" crew to say otherwise, he's an ok starting mlb, nothing more, nothing less

themunn

Reaction score
A team that just went 9-8 in a city that doesn't have income tax?

I find it incredibly difficult to believe that more than a very very small handful of coordinators for literally any team in the nfl would turn down being HC here in order to remain a coordinator and test the waters the year after

TBH I'd have though HC in Seattle would be top of the list for many coaches. The only concern I could see is maybe if they thought ownership change is coming could affect things

BlueTalon

Reaction score
It could be that they’re in competition for someone like Johnson. We had the opportunity to bring Macdonald in but we didn’t. There hasn’t been a peep about the Seahawks and Macdonald thus far.

There is the possibility that we hire him, but we’ve shown zero interest thus far. I’m just not seeing it right now. If we were going to hire him don’t you think the ball would at least have the ball rolling by now?
When have the Seahawks ever tipped their hand?

olyfan63

Reaction score
When have the Seahawks ever tipped their hand?
Well, remember all the social media posts Pete, John, Shane did with QBs this last year, where it became apparent Will Levis was going to be their pick at #5? And then there was the leaked audio of John where he was recorded saying, "we (Seahawks) are for sure taking a quarterback at #5."

And, true to the leaked audio, the team did in fact take a cornerback at #5. Damn fuzzy audio in those hidden mics. ;)

WarHawks

Reaction score
I've been lurking and reading and haven't formed an opinion yet for hc, and not that anyone cares, but I do think double M sounds like a perfect fit for the Hawks. Make it so.