Rashaad Penny looks freaking amazing

Largent.4.Prez

Reaction score
Houston Texans defense ranked 31st, right between the Lions and Jets. I'll hold my judgement until Penny faces at least an average defense. :roll:

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Penny had a great day. Against a VERY BAD run defense. Do it week in and week out and then we'll see what happens. I'm hoping that the coaching staff has figured out how to use him.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
It seems Penny has added a nice stiff arm to his arsenal as well. He was using it effectively last Sunday.

toffee

Reaction score
If Penny balls out and averages over 100 yards a game for the rest of the season and post season. Not extending his contract may turned out to be costly, as he will cost more now. But hey, that's a good problem to have, isn't it. Pete and John will be delighted to pay more as averaging 100 yards per game for rest of the season and post season potentially saved those two from being fired and their drafting reputation.

Go Penny.

chris98251

Reaction score
toffee":9unelgg0 said:
If Penny balls out and averages over 100 yards a game for the rest of the season and post season. Not extending his contract may turned out to be costly, as he will cost more now. But hey, that's a good problem to have, isn't it. Pete and John will be delighted to pay more as averaging 100 yards per game for rest of the season and post season potentially saved those two from being fired and their drafting reputation.

Go Penny.

I would be happy for him, however I would not resign him, he will get a chance somewhere, he has more miles for his years then you want to extend for another 4 years. Carson is in the same boat.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
chris98251":24a3uze0 said:
toffee":24a3uze0 said:

Go Penny.

I would be happy for him, however I would not resign him, he will get a chance somewhere, he has more miles for his years then you want to extend for another 4 years. Carson is in the same boat.
I agree with you 100%. Penny's contract should not be extended given his history. He has an extensive injury history as well as issues with motivation by his own omission. Two out of his four years in the NFL he came in overweight to training camp. This offseason he looked uninterested, almost like he was phoning it in and didn't want to be here.

I really don't feel comfortable giving a guy with an extensive injury history, spotty play and motivation issues an extension. Especially given that he's had issues in the past running in between the tackles. The only way this makes sense is if he doesn't have much interest in the free agency and signs for pennies (no pun intended) on the dollar due to no market.

In his four years in the NFL he has been injured each and every single one of them in limited action. Some of those injuries being major.

The Seahawks just need to start at ground zero with their backs. Keep Homer as he is a special teams ace, and have Dallas compete for a spot. Bring in new blood off the street and from the draft. All of our guys have sketchy injury histories even by NFL standards. We've seen this same story play out for 4 years now with Carson and Penny, nothing says it's going to be any different in the future.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":1x0wmszo said:
Glad I was one of the few still holding out a glimmer of hope for his career. He’s a freak when healthy

So is Carson...

"when healthy"

justafan

Reaction score
The FA running backs available is pretty underwhelming. I think any of the others we sign have just as much risk as Penny. I think he has higher upside than most on the list. I dont buy the wear and tear on Penny I dont think its an issue.
If he stays healthy and runs as hard as he did Sunday I am all for signing him if the price is right.
I see backs like Chubbs or Gore who had bad luck in college then have had great careers.

toffee

Reaction score
I was quite amazed that after all the injuries, Penny seems to have good speed. One would think that he would have lost a step or two, but his speed is still promising. Got to wonder about his speed pre-injuries, how fast was he?

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I disagree with the "high mileage" narrative. He's been more like a low mileage lemon than a high mileage beater. I would love to see him stay healthy and get a chance to show what he can do on a consistent basis.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":33p7dd9c said:
As the lone Penny supporter here..... life is good. :irishdrinkers:

You're not alone. I've been on the Penny wagon too! :irishdrinkers: