Random queston re: next years draft: QB's

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
From what I’ve been gathering it’s a much deeper class. There’s like 3-4 guys being considered top 20 picks. Another 3-4 late first to 2nd round picks. And another 3-4 just as good as last years class.

If by some chance Seahawks don’t end up with top 10 draft position the 4-6 guys will likely be just as good if not better than Pickett.

Spoiler alert: I know projections will change throughout the collegiate season and pre draft workouts but the Seahawks can justifiably double dip in this class and end up with two QB prospects better than what the 2022 class had to offer without spending a first round pick. Obviously though you’d want them to be able to grab the most elite guy on their board.

IMO, it’s a good move punting the problem until this next draft.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
The question is what if Lock plays solid-- Not brilliant. Do you still draft a 1st round QB to compete with him for the long term starter job or do you just roll the dice with him as the long -term solution?
Yes you draft a young qb. Otherwise you end up as the Tennessee Titans.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
Next time a QB gets their panties in a bunch because the team looked at another QB is time to get rid of that insecure QB. Team should always be looking at drafting QB's. If you have 2 good QB's you have injury coverage and draft capital for trading either the starter or the back up.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
I also think we've got two QBs that were prolific in College that will be doing everything they can to seize this great opportunity.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Levis looks like a real gamer. Can run it, throw it, athletic, physical, good poise, good accuracy, good touch. Currently my top choice.

Yeah the thing I like about his is that as his pocket crumbles he moves well in it to get some space. Stroud seems to hold his ground and back foot throw a lot when pressured. And a lot of the Stroud video was hime sitting in great pockets throwing to wide open receivers. That's not going to be the NFL.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Wow, Levis is impressive. Great pocket awareness, mobile, accurate on the run, likes play action, has fantastic athleticism, and great overall moxy. I think the hurdling and such would get frowned upon in the nfl from an injury standpoint, but what do I know. Overall, I like what I see. Definitely one to keep an eye on!

Stroud looks conventional in comparison. Will be fun to see how that all shakes out.

Last edited:

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Next time a QB gets their panties in a bunch because the team looked at another QB is time to get rid of that insecure QB. Team should always be looking at drafting QB's. If you have 2 good QB's you have injury coverage and draft capital for trading either the starter or the back up.
I think the Seahawks were trying to get a little bit of leverage in contract negotiations. Qb’s have quite a bit of power these days with trade clauses and such. It’s not always about the dollar value of the contract.

The Seahawks should be looking at QB’s regardless who the starter is as any good QB is worth something in trade value.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
It'll be an interesting season, no doubt. Really difficult (for me) at this time to really feel comfortable about predicting where our draft placement will wind up. It's probable that we won't win a ton of games and plausible that Denver won't either. With that in mind, we could feasibly have 2 of the top 15 picks in the 2023 draft.

At one point I was highest on Young. Reminds me in ways of Steve Young. But at (maybe) 6 ft, I'm really ready to go to a more conventional QB that maybe isn't quite as nimble, but can throw strikes to our awesome ball catchers in crossing routes and between the seams.

I don't much care for the Ohio state kid. Look at the receivers OSU QBs throw to year after year. I just don't trust OSU QBs. Will Levis is the guy I covet but it's likely he'll be gone top 3, if not 1. But with those two 1sts, depending on where exactly those picks are....? I'd throw in another pick on top of those to get the kid. I think he's going to be that good.

keasley45

Reaction score
Levis looks like a real gamer. Can run it, throw it, athletic, physical, good poise, good accuracy, good touch. Currently my top choice.
In the NFL, he's going to have to learn how to slide. He's got talent for sure. But running the way he does... I'd hate to see him end up like Wentz

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Not sure I would ever draft an Ohio State QB.

Eventually one will pan out but Ohio State QBs do not tend to turn into much in the NFL. Maybe that kid in Chicago will buck the trend.

But it is one thing to tempt fate...much less jump around and slap her in the face.

Latest posts