Rams stadium update

NinerBuff

Reaction score
Throwdown":3qogs3vp said:
It'd be awesome to have an NFC West team thats actually IN the West.

Plus, the LA Rams have a ton of history... It'll either be them or Jax. And if it's Jax, the conferences would have to be blown up

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
St. Louis moving back makes far more sense no realignment needed everyone in the same timezone (maybe except Arizona? ) and long history in Los Angeles what's not to like?

chris98251

Reaction score
Stadium needs to be approved still, I see St Louis using LA as leverage just like everyone else has and like we have been used. Until the California government in Alameda and L.A. are bought in I don't see this happening, they are still arguing over who has rights to the property they were looking at last time I heard anything and Anshultz was looking at pulling out. This isn't Glendale and Sacramento where there isn't alternative and competing entertainment.

We keep hearing the Coliseum as a temporary location, not sure that is true either with so many using it. Maybe they can use Candlestick Park till one is approved, I'm sure the 49ers will throw that olive branch out :)

Passepartout

Reaction score
Either way let's face it, as LA needs an NFL team to help to bolster their economy. They have not have had an NFL team in nearly 20 years and with it the economy hurt them.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
I actually feel bad for the Rams fans. We almost ended up with the Hawks in LA. How did we feel about that then? I know it's just talk right now but as a Rams fan you would have to be nervous.

Throwdown

Reaction score
v1rotv2":oqz6ndzc said:
I actually feel bad for the Rams fans. We almost ended up with the Hawks in LA. How did we feel about that then? I know it's just talk right now but as a Rams fan you would have to be nervous.

It'd be like the Thunder ending up back in Seattle as the Sonics, I'm rooting for it to happen.

mikeak

Reaction score
I can't stand the "city / state" shouldn't pay a dime talk that always comes up.

Then I suggest the city / state gives a tax-free exemption to the wages of the workers building it, to all contractors and material vendors on the job, to all sales inside the stadium including bars and restaurants around the area and to all increase in hotel stays during events held there.

Ian not saying pay for it with tax pager money but there is a way to do this subsidizing with a few hundred millions and still rake in the profits.

Now $700 million renovations is just stupid...

chris98251

Reaction score
700 million in renovations, it's been a few years but we built brand new for about that.

Subzero717

Reaction score
LA is nowhere near building a stadium. Unless they build one on Chavez Ravine. Jacksonville isn't coming to LA due to their stadium lease. The Rams should be in LA but LA really doesn't care either way.

Largent80

Reaction score
I believe there are many that want to get Farmers Field going, and you always have the obligatory idiots trying to stop it. It appears the Rams quite possibly get the ball rolling again.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Largent80":28l011jy said:
I believe there are many that want to get Farmers Field going, and you always have the obligatory idiots trying to stop it. It appears the Rams quite possibly get the ball rolling again.

From what I've heard Farmers Field is dead. When Liewike left AEG that all came out. It just didn't make dollars or sense.

Fitz the Ram

Reaction score
Also, AEG wants majority ownership of whatever team goes there(i believe) and i doubt Stan would do that. I see a new stadium being built in St. Louis.

Rambitious

Reaction score
Fitz the Ram":1k7um2hp said:
Also, AEG wants majority ownership of whatever team goes there(i believe) and i doubt Stan would do that. I see a new stadium being built in St. Louis.

I have heard they have backed off of that as of late.
However, if not, or if they would insist on a sizable minority ownership, then I'm pretty comfortable in saying Stan K. would not be open to that.

sutz

Reaction score
v1rotv2":1gi1sl2y said:
Sure, but Rams started in Cleveland, went to Chicago, and then to LA before their stint in St Louis. Feel for their fans, too.

That stadium is brand new. Why blow another $700 mill on 'renovations.' It's more extortion by the NFL owners for public money.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
sutz":35i2p0zk said:
v1rotv2":35i2p0zk said:
Sure, but Rams started in Cleveland, went to Chicago, and then to LA before their stint in St Louis. Feel for their fans, too.

That stadium is brand new. Why blow another $700 mill on 'renovations.' It's more extortion by the NFL owners for public money.

Ok, but the fans the Rams had in Cleveland and Chicago are all dead now. :D There are actually still a huge number of Rams fans down here in SoCal. St. Louis used to be the Cardinals and before that they were in Chicago too.

The Rams would be the most likely candidate, but like Cali said, from what I hear there just doesn't seem to be that much push for it.