Rainy Games

ZagHawk

Reaction score
So this is Seattle...and it rains here. I know for comfort/safety/security the Hawks generally practice indoors in the VMAC. But does it surprise anyone else that our Hawks seem to play pretty poorly in the rain when it could and should easily be somewhat of a home field advantage for the Hawks? And no this isn't just an overreaction to Carson slipping on himself several times yesterday, it's definitely been something we kind of notice for a lot of rainy games under Pete's coaching and you wonder did these guys bother doing any running drills outside during the week of rain? or practice throwing/catching wet balls at all? etc?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They had over 500 yards of offense. They are plenty capable of moving the ball.
I was more frustrated with the slipping by Carson over and over again.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I would like to see what Russ' stats are in rainy weather. Something tells me he has a losing record when it rains.

John63

Reaction score
Aros":2qk4li0d said:
I would like to see what Russ' stats are in rainy weather. Something tells me he has a losing record when it rains.

Perhaps but that does not mean it is Wilson's fault.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3aop8s6p said:
They had over 500 yards of offense. They are plenty capable of moving the ball.
I was more frustrated with the slipping by Carson over and over again.
And that turnover for a Saints TD is ONE of the reasons we lost that game, and the reason for all the negativity here.
500 + yards at home is usually going to get you a win, but Defense not TACKLING someone like Kamara, or putting much pressure on opposing Quarterbacks forget it.
Something seemed amiss with the Defensive Front, and that had a big impact on this game.

John63

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1vrqengh said:
John63":1vrqengh said:
Aros":1vrqengh said:

Perhaps but that does not mean it is Wilson's fault.
Anthony!

So I know who you are talking about as someone I know on here told me. Since you are basically cursing at me and showing your a child, there is no need for me to engage with you. When you grow up let me know, good bye.

AgentDib

Reaction score
There's not an easy way to compare this across QBs as none of the big football DBs include weather. However, here are RW's stats on their own at Century Link Field through week 14 of the 2018 season.

All: 63.8% completion rate, 8.1 Y/A, 44 Wins and 12 Losses (78%)
Dry: 68.1% completion rate, 8.8 Y/A, 19 Wins and 2 Losses (90%)
Wet: 61.5% completion rate, 7.6 Y/A, 25 Wins and 10 Losses (71%)

Without comparing this to other teams it's hard to draw any strong conclusions from it, other than he is exceptional in dry weather and perhaps mortal in the rain.

John63

Reaction score
AgentDib":18oq56vv said:
There's not an easy way to compare this across QBs as none of the big football DBs include weather. However, here are RW's stats on their own at Century Link Field through week 14 of the 2018 season.

All: 63.8% completion rate, 8.1 Y/A
Dry: 68.1% completion rate, 8.8 Y/A
Wet: 61.5% completion rate, 7.6 Y/A

Without comparing this to other teams it's hard to draw any strong conclusions from it.

You would also need to look at the drop ratio by wr in the rain or slipping by wr in the rain which can impact ypa. Despite those missing pieces of data, 61.5 is far from bad.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Disclaimer: Nothing I ever post will be meant to be critical of RW and thus in need of immediate defending.

John63

Reaction score
AgentDib":153pwlzl said:
Disclaimer: Nothing I ever post will be meant to be critical of RW and thus in need of immediate defending.

Probably true but others will use whatever they can to find excuse go rag on him.