Depth is concerning? What games have you guys been watching?

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 13, 2014
Messages
5,454
Reaction score
2,988
Location
Truth Ray
Tical21":29b2vuss said:
Cody Barton? OL depth? WR? Mone is getting pushed to the parking lot.

We do have good depth at nickel.

Cody Barton has looked fantastic this year. I didn't like him previously, but he looks different this year.

You don't like Stone Forsythe & Jake Curhan on the offensive line? The Seahawks haven't had 2 rookie tackles that have looked this good since… I can't remember.

Mone looked good last year in real games and has carried that over into the preseason?
https://i.redd.it/650n7a1z5yi71.jpg

What's wrong with WR? D Eskridge is a bust already? Swain sucks? I'm curious.
 

toffee

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 9, 2016
Messages
10,576
Reaction score
6,724
Location
SoCal Desert
chris98251":1jln8tif said:
Tical21":1jln8tif said:
Cody Barton? OL depth? WR? Mone is getting pushed to the parking lot.

We do have good depth at nickel.

So Rosen is going to be signed to the Practice squad.

I was thinking the same.
 

AgentDib

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 1, 2010
Messages
5,470
Reaction score
1,240
Location
Bothell
SantaClaraHawk":1ak6qu0p said:
K, now that I know that it's easier to see the point of progressing with him a year. However, I do have durability concerns given this: https://www.draftsharks.com/fantasy/inj ... smith/6653
I could see the injury concern angle if he was the starting QB but he's going to be holding a clipboard all season.

Look at it this way; if Geno has to play a bunch of games to where injury risk matters then we probably aren't making the playoffs this season. And if we aren't competing this year, then does it really matter who the QB is? When you have a franchise QB in their prime making top money like we do with Russ then there is no viable backup plan.

Glasgow Seahawk":1ak6qu0p said:
Absolutely tempting fate here. Law of averages probably means Wilson is overdue for some sort of injury where he misses games.
We have finite resources and are sinking a bunch of them into a franchise QB in his prime. That does carry risk, but mitigating that risk simply isn't worth taking away pieces from around Wilson. The goal is to win the Super Bowl more than it is to avoid last place, and you have to take risks if you want a chance to end up at the very top.

The argument for getting a good developmental guy will pick up down the road as the team starts to think about life after Wilson. That's still a ways off though.
 

chris98251

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 27, 2007
Messages
39,582
Reaction score
1,586
Location
Roy Wa.
AgentDib":13jdpcaw said:
SantaClaraHawk":13jdpcaw said:
K, now that I know that it's easier to see the point of progressing with him a year. However, I do have durability concerns given this: https://www.draftsharks.com/fantasy/inj ... smith/6653
I could see the injury concern angle if he was the starting QB but he's going to be holding a clipboard all season.

Look at it this way; if Geno has to play a bunch of games to where injury risk matters then we probably aren't making the playoffs this season. And if we aren't competing this year, then does it really matter who the QB is? When you have a franchise QB in their prime making top money like we do with Russ then there is no viable backup plan.

Glasgow Seahawk":13jdpcaw said:
Absolutely tempting fate here. Law of averages probably means Wilson is overdue for some sort of injury where he misses games.
We have finite resources and are sinking a bunch of them into a franchise QB in his prime. That does carry risk, but mitigating that risk simply isn't worth taking away pieces from around Wilson. The goal is to win the Super Bowl more than it is to avoid last place, and you have to take risks if you want a chance to end up at the very top.

The argument for getting a good developmental guy will pick up down the road as the team starts to think about life after Wilson. That's still a ways off though.

I think the developmental guy is much like the legal clothesline tackle, part of history, teams don't seem to have that level of patience anymore. Teams draft guys high to see if they can back up or take the job now, look at S.F. Minschew wasn't suppose to light it up and now they have a controversy and if I was him knowing he really isn't their Golden Child would want a trade to a team like the Patriots, Texans, Washington, all of them have short term QB's right now or one with an issue. Hell he would be welcome here also by fans, but is a bit too Gunslingerish for Pete's taste.
 

Jville

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 3, 2007
Messages
13,237
Reaction score
1,605
Today, John Schneider is addressing the depth.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1430249568885633025[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1430246794160656388[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1430248141672964098[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1430235528004177921[/tweet]
 

toffee

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 9, 2016
Messages
10,576
Reaction score
6,724
Location
SoCal Desert
chris98251":rnnyv9fd said:
AgentDib":rnnyv9fd said:
SantaClaraHawk":rnnyv9fd said:
K, now that I know that it's easier to see the point of progressing with him a year. However, I do have durability concerns given this: https://www.draftsharks.com/fantasy/inj ... smith/6653
I could see the injury concern angle if he was the starting QB but he's going to be holding a clipboard all season.

Look at it this way; if Geno has to play a bunch of games to where injury risk matters then we probably aren't making the playoffs this season. And if we aren't competing this year, then does it really matter who the QB is? When you have a franchise QB in their prime making top money like we do with Russ then there is no viable backup plan.

Glasgow Seahawk":rnnyv9fd said:
Absolutely tempting fate here. Law of averages probably means Wilson is overdue for some sort of injury where he misses games.
We have finite resources and are sinking a bunch of them into a franchise QB in his prime. That does carry risk, but mitigating that risk simply isn't worth taking away pieces from around Wilson. The goal is to win the Super Bowl more than it is to avoid last place, and you have to take risks if you want a chance to end up at the very top.

The argument for getting a good developmental guy will pick up down the road as the team starts to think about life after Wilson. That's still a ways off though.

I think the developmental guy is much like the legal clothesline tackle, part of history, teams don't seem to have that level of patience anymore. Teams draft guys high to see if they can back up or take the job now, look at S.F. Minschew wasn't suppose to light it up and now they have a controversy and if I was him knowing he really isn't their Golden Child would want a trade to a team like the Patriots, Texans, Washington, all of them have short term QB's right now or one with an issue. Hell he would be welcome here also by fans, but is a bit too Gunslingerish for Pete's taste.

Minschew? Yes!
 

jammerhawk

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 5, 2007
Messages
10,173
Reaction score
1,778
Given the no show by many of the starters who will be on the 53 I have been wondering if Pete is engaged in some form of 'Rope a Dope' so far this preseason. I say that because if the teams deep depth is as weak as the team has shown so far this preseason the season may not turn out to be be a very good one. As well there certainly hasn't been much shown as far as the supposed 'faster O' much advertised by the team.

I wonder if the team will actually show anything this next game leaving us scratching our heads wondering if things are really as ugly as shown so far.
 

Sgt. Largent

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 1, 2012
Messages
25,560
Reaction score
7,610
Fade":1dnk96ur said:
I keep hearing and reading in hawkville that the depth is concerning. And I am confused. I couldn't disagree more..

I'd say "proven" depth is a concern at certain positions like CB, LB, WR and the D-line (and O-line if Brown holds out).

So yes, I'm nervous that we don't even know who our two starting CB's yet, are trusting an old D-line to stay healthy all year and are hoping guys like Eskridge, Taylor, Brooks, Amadi and Blair can handle being NFL starters.
 

bandiger

New member
Joined
Dec 27, 2012
Messages
665
Reaction score
0
I'm surprised you people haven't mentioned Center depth. You have Pocic dealing with injuries and then two backups that are basically scrubs. Considering the teams they face this season have above average talent on interior D-line, Wilson could have another hellish year. Would have been nice if John maybe drafted a center in the 2nd round.
 

Latest posts

Top