QB Drew Lock re-signed ( One-year deal)

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
This feels like a team culture rubbing off signing.

Seattle stuck with Geno for a few years only offering a lower pay salary as the backup, but it led to a starting job paying 28+ million a year. Lock sees that and has trusts that the organization will help his career no matter the path.

I think he's skilled enough to step in and help the team win. Heck maybe he even thinks he's got a chance to beat out Geno. I think Pete will give him a chance

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
I don't necessarily think it means that. Could be extra competition for a rookie to backup Geno. 4 mil no signing bonus is peanuts.
Thats exactly right... I think it leaves the draft wide open.. im looking for Hendon Hooker in the 2-3 round. That would be an extremely competitive situation for the future.

nwHawk

Reaction score
He looks like a good teammate and he is maturing. If Geno get hurt this year, Lock will get his shot in a style of offense that he is comfortable in and with the team that supports their own. All you can ask for is development and opportunity.

Boycie

Reaction score
I wonder if they feel Lock will replace Geno in a couple of years? Who would have thought that Geno would have replaced Russ? Maybe the front office feels that their system is plug and play for QBs of a certain type?

VegasSeaHawk

Reaction score
#Seahawks have agreed to terms with QB Drew Lock on a one-year deal worth $4 million base with incentives that can take it to $7.5 million, source says. Seattle brings both Geno Smith and Lock back for 2023.
Going to go out on a limb and predict we don’t draft a QB in the 1st round. Fix the “D”.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
This is surprising but good news that Lock is back. He's got one year with the Seahawks under his belt so he would have an advantage over anyone else other than Geno, of course.

Last edited:

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I wonder if they feel Lock will replace Geno in a couple of years? Who would have thought that Geno would have replaced Russ? Maybe the front office feels that their system is plug and play for QBs of a certain type?
They're going to replace Geno with him, go 0-17 and get the #1 pick.

Rat

Reaction score
Thats exactly right... I think it leaves the draft wide open.. im looking for Hendon Hooker in the 2-3 round. That would be an extremely competitive situation for the future.
I dont think Hooker gets out of the second round, but I'd be thrilled to get him with one of our two picks in that round. Second-round QBs have a shockingly low hit rate, but I really feel like he's much more likely to become Jalen Hurts than Christian Hackenberg.

Jville

Reaction score
So it's going to be a team encore. The quarterback room is looking really solid .....

"Drew Lock, man, let's go," Schneider said to start off the show. "He's coming back… What an awesome guy. Everything he's been through—last year we talked about it a bunch. Coming here, competing with Geno, getting COVID, really bad timing for him. Game 2 was going to be his game against Chicago, then he got really sick, then he still didn't have his legs against Dallas. So I'm just really excited. Really happy for him.
"He was great. Both of those guys were awesome with pushing each other, and the support that they showed." --- https://www.seahawks.com/news/drew-...er-other-notes-from-john-schneider-on-seattle

kidhawk

Reaction score
Can’t say this excites me for the future. I think he’ll be fine for a back up. Personally I think we overpaid him. That contract sounds oddly similar to the one Geno signed last year but he had a shot to start.

I worry this is Pete and Johns way of trying to win now and they won’t get a young an for the future. Hopefully I’m wrong and they do grab someone who is a little rough around the edges who we can hide on the practice squad but I don’t have a lot of faith in that.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I've posted many times this was my wish all along. Very happy.

Continuity at the QB position is good.

Now let's fix that defense & we'll be a contender for years.

Jville

Reaction score
I've posted many times this was my wish all along. Very happy.

Continuity at the QB position is good.

Now let's fix that defense & we'll be a contender for years.

I had doubts about the possibility of re-signing both quarterbacks.

But now that it has happen, the Pete Carroll quarterback factory is looking like the go to destination.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Gives us more flexibility in the draft. We've signed two DL, a center, and now a 2nd QB. We pretty much can draft for value at this point, rather than need, which is perfect.
I hope you are well brother. It gives us huge flexibility. We need lines and RBs.