Problems at ILB

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Injuries are already showing up and could rob the team of needed talent at a significant area of team weakness:

Now it becomes apparent why these two were available in FA. Suspect the team is looking hard at every other team depth charts to figure who might become available.
The FO has work to do here.

Of course it is early but this situation doesn’t instil a whole lot of confidence I. This position group needs reinforcements.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Injuries are already showing up and could rob the team of needed talent at a significant area of team weakness:

Now it becomes apparent why these two were available in FA. Suspect the team is looking hard at every other team depth charts to figure who might become available.
The FO has work to do here.

Of course it is early but this situation doesn’t instil a whole lot of confidence I. This position group needs reinforcements.
With the UFL ending soon, I expect our amazing GM to leave no stone unturned

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Here's a bit more info on the restructure :

Am certainly interested in this situation and who the team might be targeting to add to the roster at ILB.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Say what?

Donald is a DT not a LB. Besides LA still likely holds AD's rights despite his recent retirement and he'd be unlikely to want to play here anyway.

Seems like the team made a mistake not re-upping Wagner. Perhaps though making a break from him allows the new regime to install their version of D with no prior preconceptions clouding the installation. sadly though none of the supposed starters are able to actively participate in the install b/c of injury.

chris98251

Reaction score
they will heal. we still have the current FA market, then we have the roster cut downs, they will shore it up at least for this season and more then likely target guys next draft or in F.A.

Can't have an all Pro in 22 positions but a ILB that is smart and impactful is a key on most top defenses.

chrispy

Reaction score
MacDonald spent 7 years as LB coach in Baltimore. They've done well at that position. He knew what he was coming to in Seattle and probably hand picked Baker and Dodson, or at least had a short list. LB is the obvious deficit on either side of the ball. However, that's MMac's bread and butter so we either can have some confidence he knows what he's doing or we should be worried about absolutely everything.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
With the PUP and NFI designations of the day it sure looks thin at ILB and sure seems likely the team may add to this position group.

Chawker

Reaction score
Finding the rigth person is a hard thing to do, not only does he have to have all the physical attributes to play the position, but he needs to possess the additude and mind-set of a smart person and personality of a grizzly bear. We should of started shopping for a new ILBer three years after drafting Bobby Wagner.

Cheers

toffee

Reaction score
MacDonald spent 7 years as LB coach in Baltimore. They've done well at that position. He knew what he was coming to in Seattle and probably hand picked Baker and Dodson, or at least had a short list. LB is the obvious deficit on either side of the ball. However, that's MMac's bread and butter so we either can have some confidence he knows what he's doing or we should be worried about absolutely everything.
And signed off on the ridding of Bobby and Brooks.

GemCity

Reaction score
Was just about to post something similar. I assume JS and MM are well aware and have a plan but, the LB situation has me wondering.

warden

Reaction score
Depth at ILB is a weakness this season. Hopefully as the season progresses our two starters become healthy and stay that way for the entire year

Lennie

Reaction score
I don’t know. Keeping Wagner seems like it would have been a mistake. Would been awkward for MM

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I'm not remotely concerned by this. Watch their highlights, let them heal, calm down. They are young vet acquisitions not rookies, they can learn the defense in the state that they are in and have plenty of time to be game ready.

SNDavidson

Reaction score

Best Remaining Linebacker Free Agents, 2024:​

• Shaq Leonard
  • Zach Cunningham
  • Kwon Alexander
  • Josh Woods

We can sign one if we need to, again, pretty excited for the season.