Predicting PC/JS draft picks

Hawk4life

Reaction score
PC's success came from his vast knowledge of college players when he became our coach. He was pretty much Pelosi of insider trading.

Can anyone honestly say that PC/JS picked anyone that they wanted them to pick in the draft? Every year since PC has been the coach I have never been like, "right on, I was hoping they would pick him."

It's been more like, "WTF, who the hell is this guy?" or "this guy does have some potential... but not over my pick?"

I keep thinking they have to go QB at #5 because drafting Cross and Lucas seems like a prerequisite for a legit pocket passer. It's possible he drafted them for Geno but that seems a bit of a stretch for your backup QB. I hope I'm not reading too much into it.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
PC's success came from his vast knowledge of college players when he became our coach. He was pretty much Pelosi of insider trading.
This is almost certainly untrue, as it never bears out at all for other guys coming from college.

Every team has entire scouting departments that comb through a players entire collegiate career. Every team assembles that same vast knowledge.

If Pete had been taking former USC guys who ended up being killers, then yeah, sure. Maybe a bit more of a point.

cheese22

Reaction score
I'm just looking forward to all the freak out posts. You didn't pick who I WANTED!!! YOU GUYS SUCK!!!
It's entertaining.
I think that's why so many people loved last years draft. They picked players that many on here took in their mocks and those picks are looking very good.

Mick063

Reaction score
Geno is not the backup quarterback. I will concede a "bridge" quarterback, but not "backup" quarterback. Even if they take a QB at #5, the player will ride the pine for at least a full season. If Geno doesn't start for Seattle, he will start somewhere else. His backup days are over. At least until he takes a nosedive in completion percentage. Coordinator LOVE accuracy. They also like a guy that can go through his progressions.

I think they wait. I think it goes like this: Whatever the duration of Geno's contract, subtract one year from it for spending high draft capital on the position. For example, If Geno signs a three-year deal, then two years from now, spend a first round pick on a QB. If Geno gets a franchise tag, then spend the #5 on a QB this year. This is why I think it is important to sign Geno BEFORE the draft. If he isn't signed before the draft, the chances of going after a rookie QB skyrocket. On the other hand, I'm not opposed to taking a 5th, 6th, or 7th round "flyer" on a quarterback for ANY given year.

Last edited:

morgulon1

Reaction score
I still think there's a chance they trade back 1-10 spots and take a long snapper from North Dakota

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score

Can anyone honestly say that PC/JS picked anyone that they wanted them to pick in the draft? Every year since PC has been the coach I have never been like, "right on, I was hoping they would pick him."

It's been more like, "WTF, who the hell is this guy?" or "this guy does have some potential... but not over my pick?"

I keep thinking they have to go QB at #5 because drafting Cross and Lucas seems like a prerequisite for a legit pocket passer. It's possible he drafted them for Geno but that seems a bit of a stretch for your backup QB. I hope I'm not reading too much into it.
The two recent time Carroll drafted who I wanted was DK Metcalf and Abe Lucas!

Everyone else, was “who the hell is that” or, “that’s exactly what Carroll would do!”

morgulon1

Reaction score
The two recent time Carroll drafted who I wanted was DK Metcalf and Abe Lucas!

Everyone else, was “who the hell is that” or, “that’s exactly what Carroll would do!”
I've never guessed correctly one time. That's probably a good thing! I did like Kamara
When he was drafted .

morgulon1

Reaction score
Cool, another thinly disguised PC & JS suck at drafting thread.
I'm the only one who said anything remotely messed up. Maybe I'm missing a few posts . Theyve definitely had their great drafts followed by some mediocre ones.

ryank24

Reaction score
The very first pick Pete ever made as the Hawks head coach, Russell Okung. I’d guess a lot of people predicted that one correctly when he was available there, and he was definitely the guy I was hoping for.

DK Metcalf is the only other one I can think of.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I think they take a qb with their first pick, whether that's at 5 or they trade back a couple spots. The Olson hire leads me in that direction. Given there are roughly nine teams that need qb's however, I doubt they trade back.

scutterhawk

Reaction score

Waldron to Pete Carroll before last years Draft; "Geno 'gets it' he runs the plays I've drawn up, pretty damned good, so, if you want to bolster the OT positions in this Draft, I don't see where you could go wrong by picking Cross at #9 and follow up with a RT a little later". (I just made this shit up)
But honestly though? I'm no genius, but even I knew back then, Pete & John weren't going to be able to fill all the holes in just one Draft, and maybe not even in two, but They are going in the right direction in this Reload since RW split the scene.
Having said that, I can now see them going Defense with the first pick, and maybe even at the # 20 spot, and then going Offense with the first pick in the 2nd, now, whether that be Center (my wish) or another Bruiser Back to tandem up with Walker.
We have a LOT of picks in this Draft, and I'm believin' that they will knock another on out of the park in the later rounds, just like they did in last years Draft.....Stay Tuned in.