pot calling kettle black...

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
PackerBacker19":2ns0jcev said:
Seahawk Sailor":2ns0jcev said:
PackerBacker19":2ns0jcev said:
I totally agree with your statement what happened to knowledgeable fans? I mean some people just can't see the truth even when it's right in front of them. Seriously, all sarcasm aside most fans outside of Seattle did not view this favorably. In fact, most of them viewed the call negatively. NFL announcers, fans, and players didn't like it. Why do you think the real refs were brought back the 2 days later? Let me offer a suggestion...People outside of the town that benefitted from it thought the call was terrible. If it had happened to Seattle you would have whined as well. Note: I am not posting this to whine. I am just posting this because I have seen some utterly crazy opinions about this on here, and about Packers fans. Most Packers fans don't hate you guys. We respect you, we know you're a great team with great fans and a Superbowl victory. Also, I watched the game. I never came to the conclusion you should have been up by ten in the final minute. If it's the truth prove it to me with evidence.

Does the fact that the NFL came out and verified that it was the correct call even register?

It's the job of the NFL to protect themselves. They do it all the time. It's obvious unless your a Seahawks fan.

It wasn't simultaneous because Tate didn't have the ball. Jennings had the ball and Tate had an arm on Jennings, and maybe one hand touching the ball. That's simultaneous possession? Read this please http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1347 ... g-travesty

Many NFL players came out, and said it was a terrible call as well.

Bleacher Report is not a trusted authority. F.

"Many " NFL players are not authorities, either. F-

The NFL, which is an authority upheld the call. So maybe complain about Dom Capers still not having an idea how to defend the Read option.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Let em cry. It makes them feel better. What makes me laugh is the "I can't wait to get revenge in week 1 and kick the Hawks ass" post that a number of Packer fans have made. They aren't playing a RW in his 3rd game this time along with the test of the changes.

As far as losing HFA and going to SF in 2012? What difference does it make? The Niners beat the Packers in either venue on a regular basis.

PackerBacker19

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":zcpj8uy4 said:
PackerBacker19":zcpj8uy4 said:
Seahawk Sailor":zcpj8uy4 said:
PackerBacker19":zcpj8uy4 said:
I totally agree with your statement what happened to knowledgeable fans? I mean some people just can't see the truth even when it's right in front of them. Seriously, all sarcasm aside most fans outside of Seattle did not view this favorably. In fact, most of them viewed the call negatively. NFL announcers, fans, and players didn't like it. Why do you think the real refs were brought back the 2 days later? Let me offer a suggestion...People outside of the town that benefitted from it thought the call was terrible. If it had happened to Seattle you would have whined as well. Note: I am not posting this to whine. I am just posting this because I have seen some utterly crazy opinions about this on here, and about Packers fans. Most Packers fans don't hate you guys. We respect you, we know you're a great team with great fans and a Superbowl victory. Also, I watched the game. I never came to the conclusion you should have been up by ten in the final minute. If it's the truth prove it to me with evidence.

Does the fact that the NFL came out and verified that it was the correct call even register?

It's the job of the NFL to protect themselves. They do it all the time. It's obvious unless your a Seahawks fan.

It wasn't simultaneous because Tate didn't have the ball. Jennings had the ball and Tate had an arm on Jennings, and maybe one hand touching the ball. That's simultaneous possession? Read this please http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1347 ... g-travesty

Bleacher Report is not a trusted authority. F.

"Many " NFL players are not authorities, either. F-

The NFL, which is an authority upheld the call. So maybe complain about Dom Capers still not having an idea how to defend the Read option.

Here are a few of the players that spoke negatively about the call. These guys know a little bit about football, and they may be in a position to judge the decision. As for Bleacher report, I understand they may not be the greatest source, but did you read the article. It makes very clear with evidence what happened.
Darnell Docket
Drew Brees
Reggie Bush
Deangelo Williams
Troy aikman
Danieal Manning
Robert griffin
Perrish Cox
Brian Hartline
Chris Kluwe
Darryl Tapp (Former Hawk)
Andre Caldwell
Jimmy Graham
Roddy White
Visanthe Shiancoe
Brandon Spikes
Arian Foster
Anthony Munoz
Adam Schefter
Why do you think the real refs were brought back 2 days later? Because people were upset over what happened (well except for Seahawks fans).
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--top-1 ... -refs.html
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_ ... es-it-care
Bill Leavy, speaking on behalf of the locked out NFL officials including Ed Hochuli, said "they would have ruled Monday Night's would be an interception," and added "Like Ed, I've never seen one," referring to a simultaneous catch.
He’s a referee, and I guess the replacement refs just made the call he couldn’t. Walt Anderson also said he would have ruled it a pick.
The only people that think the right call was made were Seahawks fans, and the NFL who was protecting itself.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Awww, that's an adorable try, Packerbacker.

But....

Listing players still doesn't make them authorities.

And, gee, I wonder why the referees who are in the middle of negotiations would call the play terrible. Wouldn't have anything to do with their lockout now would it?

Largent80

Reaction score
PackerBacker19":2p25244m said:
Bill Leavy, speaking on behalf of the locked out NFL officials including Ed Hochuli, said "they would have ruled Monday Night's would be an interception," and added "Like Ed, I've never seen one," referring to a simultaneous catch.
He’s a referee, and I guess the replacement refs just made the call he couldn’t. Walt Anderson also said he would have ruled it a pick.
The only people that think the right call was made were Seahawks fans, and the NFL who was protecting itself.

Bill Leavy, the same Bill Leavy that called the abysmal Superbowl XL.

The same Leavy that admitted years later of his mistakes and how his calls affected the outcome of the game...

Get outta here, and your team is going to get it's ass KICKED on that Thursday night.

You will need more than refs.

JOz56

Reaction score
PackerBacker19":2x8lf798 said:
[

Actually, it did affect the Packers. We missed a first round bye because of it, and had to go to San Fran for the 581 game. I don't believe Seattle cheated, and I don't think most Packers fans do. We just think the refs were not good enough to deal with the situation at hand. The Lions........the Lions haven't won in Green Bay in around 22 games. That's more than the refs.

BS. All the Packers had to do was win the final game of the season and they had the #2 seed wrapped up and a bye. Hell, you guys don't let Andrew Luck pass to Wayne for a score at the last second, you are freaking the #2 at the very least. Quit pinning that singular game on us, you had your opportunities to wrap up the second seed. We'll give back that game as soon as you give back your Super Bowl trophy from a couple years ago. You know, the year you got into the playoffs due to the blown calls against the Vikings? That the league themselves admitted were crap calls? That actually did affect the outcome and screw a team out of the playoffs.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
PackerBacker19":2aejbaxx said:
The_Z_Man":2aejbaxx said:
PackerBacker19":2aejbaxx said:

Here's what cracks me up:

The call didn't matter... it had zero impact on the outcome of that season, as neither the Packers or Seahawks went to the Superbowl... so the whole thing is moot.

Yet Packer fans whine about that garbage like it was the Immaculate Reception, or the Tuck Rule -- do you see Seahawk fans ripping on the Jets all the time for the Testaverde fake touchdown that cost us a playoff spot in 98? Do you? And that actually cost us a playoff spot!

That call in 2012, which was by far not the worst call in NFL history, especially considering how bad the replacement refs had called the entire game before that point, meant NOTHING, zilch, nada, kaput! It had no affect on the outcome of the season.

Yet on and on and on and on and on the cheesheads go about how "Seattle cheated!". Just last year the Patriots got royally screwed sideways on a call that cost them home-field advantage in the playoffs. Are they whining about it this year? NO!

Seriously, the Packers have been on the lucky side of so many close calls in the history of that franchise, that they have no business whining about that one The Seahawks, meanwhile, have been on the ass end of far too many NFL debacles. PS -- Golden Tate is a Lion now, and you have regularly gotten the benefit of flags in your favor against the Lions over the years, in fact, I know a Lion fan who is so shellshocked by the shit calls vs the Packers over the years, that his tinfoil cap is welded to his damn head!!!

Packer fans really need to shut up about officiating.

Actually, it did affect the Packers. We missed a first round bye because of it, and had to go to San Fran for the 581 game. I don't believe Seattle cheated, and I don't think most Packers fans do. We just think the refs were not good enough to deal with the situation at hand. The Lions........the Lions haven't won in Green Bay in around 22 games. That's more than the refs.

So losing to the Vikings in week 17 had no bearing on your season? Your delusional. That was the sole reason you lost the first round bye, not because of a controversial call in week 3 that was upheld by the NFL. The damn announcer calling the game was screaming "is it a simultaneous catch" as it happened so don't pretend that the entire world seen it through packers eye's.

The truth is the Packers have been on the beneficial side of questionable calls for so long that when one doesn't go your way your fan base simply doesn't know how to respond. You should be absolutely embarrassed of how your team reacted. Not coming back onto the field to finish the game was the ultimate show of a spoiled and entitled team.

It's easy to tell others that bad calls happen when they don't happen to you but there is absolutely no excuse for hanging onto a call the way packers fans have this one. Your team won a super bowl only because of bad officiating. If not for multiple horrible calls leading up to the playoffs you don't even get into the playoffs. How do you complain about one call that was not even the reason you lost home field? You lost because you gave it away to the Vikings. Get over yourself.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The other aspect to he considered is the loss happened in week 3, not in week 17, not in the playoffs. The Packers had opportunities to rectify that situation, yet Packer backers hold on to one game in week 3.

Think about it... they let Minnesota, led by Christian Ponder at a time when they should be playing their best football, beat them when they could have locked up the 2 seed.

They have a shell of a defense and think that they are entitled or something. They can start there.

bigwrm

Reaction score
Every team's fanbase thinks that they're the best/smartest/most supportive, but It's silly to think that we're any better or worse than others. There are always good fans and bad fans, unfortunately it's the bad ones that often get the most attention.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
PackerBacker19":3tyf5n68 said:
Seahawk Sailor":3tyf5n68 said:
PackerBacker19":3tyf5n68 said:

The best argument is to point out that if you think the hail mary at the end of the game was incorrectly called as a TD, then you also have to think that GB should have had their previous TD erased due to the phantom PI call on Kam Chancellor. Basically, you can't make a claim that GB got screwed out of a win due to poor officiating.

gargantual

Reaction score
This has been re-hashed for so long. Amazing it's even still being argued. We really ARE in their heads (fans AND players). I really hope they keep obsessing so that'll be a distraction. It's great that Pete doesn't hold on to BS like that. Every game, they're 1 and 0 again. Always looking forward.

As Hawks fans, we're used to having bad calls. The solution? Play so well, so dominantly that even tacky calls can't beat you.

Oh, and most fans misunderstand the whole concept of Simultaneous Catches. It's not who had the ball more, ie 75% beats 25%....or even 2%! In a simultaneous catch, it's the O's ball. Period.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
PackerBacker19":3a9g03z4 said:
The_Z_Man":3a9g03z4 said:
PackerBacker19":3a9g03z4 said:

Here's what cracks me up:

The call didn't matter... it had zero impact on the outcome of that season, as neither the Packers or Seahawks went to the Superbowl... so the whole thing is moot.

Yet Packer fans whine about that garbage like it was the Immaculate Reception, or the Tuck Rule -- do you see Seahawk fans ripping on the Jets all the time for the Testaverde fake touchdown that cost us a playoff spot in 98? Do you? And that actually cost us a playoff spot!

That call in 2012, which was by far not the worst call in NFL history, especially considering how bad the replacement refs had called the entire game before that point, meant NOTHING, zilch, nada, kaput! It had no affect on the outcome of the season.

Yet on and on and on and on and on the cheesheads go about how "Seattle cheated!". Just last year the Patriots got royally screwed sideways on a call that cost them home-field advantage in the playoffs. Are they whining about it this year? NO!

Seriously, the Packers have been on the lucky side of so many close calls in the history of that franchise, that they have no business whining about that one The Seahawks, meanwhile, have been on the ass end of far too many NFL debacles. PS -- Golden Tate is a Lion now, and you have regularly gotten the benefit of flags in your favor against the Lions over the years, in fact, I know a Lion fan who is so shellshocked by the shit calls vs the Packers over the years, that his tinfoil cap is welded to his damn head!!!

Packer fans really need to shut up about officiating.

Oh please: Seattle handed Green Bay the #2 seed on a silver platter when the Seahawks beat the 49ers 42-13 in week 16. All the Packers had to do was beat the Minnesota Vikings in the season finale and the first-round bye was yours. It's not Seattle's fault that your Packers couldn't get the job done with the season on the line.

Even if you believe Green Bay got hosed on a bad call and should have won in Seattle, that was week 3. You had 13 games left to go. Blaming your final standings on a game you lost in September is like blaming a lost game on a bad call in the first quarter. Your team had plenty of time to bounce back, and thanks to Seattle the #2 seed was yours to lose. You lost it. Don't blame that on the Seahawks: that's Green Bay's fault.

BASF

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":is174yoo said:
BASF":is174yoo said:
The_Z_Man":is174yoo said:

Not to hinder this beautifully worded rant, but the truth is that even had we not been screwed on this
Helmet ball
WE STILL WOULD NOT HAVE MADE THE PLAYOFFS!

Sorry, I see this repeated so many times over the years, it gets to me. The Patriots and Bills both finished with 10 wins. We would have finished with 9 wins. Even if we defeated the Broncos in the final week of the season, the Patriots and Bills would have had the tie breaker and we still do not make the playoffs.

Well, there you go. Whenever some TV announcer decides to reminisce about coach Erickson they bring up that he coulda made the playoffs if only...

In any case it's not like that team would have done anything but get steamrolled in the playoffs. ;)

Not that it matters, but I prefer accuracy and had to go back and check. The Pats did have nine wins, but they had the better conference record and would have had the tie breaker. I actually get mad at the people who reminisce about Erickson since he couldn't outcoach anyone at the NFL level.

OP
OP
I

irocdave

Reaction score
Anyone have the vid of that Packers BS TD prior to the " fail mary"?