Possible Seahawks trade

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Washington would need to sweeten the deal instead of the #118 include their 2nd rd pick #48. Next years 1st rd pick is worth a 2nd this year
YES ^^ I mean hey, they're jockeying for position & hoping to maybe land one of the top tier QB's in this years' Draft...Moving down that far in the 1st is a big risk, as the Seahawks would be forgoing their shot at a top tier player & That shouldn't be as cheap as the Commanders only having to give up their 4th rounder.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Public Service Announcement to protect your mental health:

It would be beneficial for everyone to prepare for JS to draft someone that you, I, Kiper, Jeremiah and the rest of the world qualify as a "reach" with his first pick. He has his Best-Available list and it rarely matches everyone else's.

Recall a similar draft in 2012 when everyone knew the priority was DL. JS took Bruce Irvin at 12 when he was projected as mid-2nd round. Maybe Anderson falls to 5 and maybe JS likes him...but maybe not too. It's very possible JS has multiple DLs ranked similar and he trades back leaving Anderson on the board. Maybe Anderson is gone but he takes someone projected in the 20s to get his guy. No one on the planet projected BIrvin at 12 so believing there's an obvious choice at 5 is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

He's never taken a QB higher than RCW and he's never taken the obvious choice with his first pick. Maybe he will in '23, but that would be less predictable than the usual blank stares from draft pundits after a Seahawk round-1 pick.
agreed but Irvin turned out to be a reach like everyone said he was. He was at best, JAG.

Own The West

Reaction score
YES ^^ I mean hey, they're jockeying for position & hoping to maybe land one of the top tier QB's in this years' Draft...Moving down that far in the 1st is a big risk, as the Seahawks would be forgoing their shot at a top tier player & That shouldn't be as cheap as the Commanders only having to give up their 4th rounder.
I think the only way the Seahawk FO is involved in this rumor is put pressure on the Raiders or someone to trade up with the Cardinals. Unless the Cards trade out to a QB-needy team, our pick becomes a lot more difficult.

rcaido

Reaction score
agreed but Irvin turned out to be a reach like everyone said he was. He was at best, JAG.
We could gotten Cox or Ingram or Chandler Jones ...Looking at the draft and years after the draft picks have been really bad. Last year I think was the only time they didn't do reaches.

Hawkamaniac

Reaction score
I'm probably spitting hairs, and a little off the main topic, but Chukarhawk, I think you're being a little tough on the Irvin pick. A quality 10 year starter is a "hit" IMO. His career production is better than 95% of his draft class.