Possible Seahawks trade

Jac

Reaction score
Washington isn't going to be Denver bad (though they do have some tough games on their schedule). Also, if they wanted to move up to #5, it's to get ahead of other teams in order to pick the last QB of the bunch. That means Seattle should be able to extract more value from a trade like this.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Trade and trade and trade again, lol with PFF mock simulator.
Finishing with two picks in the first, four in the second, and three in the third sure would annoy some opposing fans! That's 9 picks by the end of the third versus only two or three for them in most cases. LOL!

toffee

Reaction score
Finishing with two picks in the first, four in the second, and three in the third sure would annoy some opposing fans! That's 9 picks by the end of the third versus only two or three for them in most cases. LOL!
Not only that, in this mock, in 2024's draft we got additional pick in first second third and forth rounds.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Can’t understand why Arizona would want to stay they’ll trade back before the draft is my guess

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
Can’t understand why Arizona would want to stay they’ll trade back before the draft is my guess
1) The new regime is anti Murray and wants a new QB - highly unlikely with it being cap painful and drama intense.

2) They see Carter as a generational talent and tone setter - extremely unlikely and could go the opposite direction culturally if he really does have motivational and or behavioral issues.

3) They see Anderson as a generational talent and tone setter - 50/50 given positive chatter on leadership / character, having produced at a valued position, and testing solidly if not spectacularly at the combine.

Personally I’d trade out for the draft stock, but as a new HC Gannon may value culture setting over volume restocking of talent.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The Commanders want to move up to # 5 pick.

We would get the 16th pick, 118 th pick and a 2024 first round pick.
What player or players would be included? The trade as is would be horrible for the Seahawks. They would lose the opportunity to pick up several of the guys they could have - Tyree Wilson, Myles Murphy, and possibly Kancey (if he keeps rising) etc. I think the farthest down they go on any pre-draft trades would be Houston at the 12th pick.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
What player or players would be included? The trade as is would be horrible for the Seahawks. They would lose the opportunity to pick up several of the guys they could have - Tyree Wilson, Myles Murphy, and possibly Kancey (if he keeps rising) etc. I think the farthest down they go on any pre-draft trades would be Houston at the 12th pick.
Those guys are all pretty middling prospects for the level of capital we're talking about, which is exactly why I'd be looking hard to trade down should Anderson not be an option.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
1) The new regime is anti Murray and wants a new QB - highly unlikely with it being cap painful and drama intense.

2) They see Carter as a generational talent and tone setter - extremely unlikely and could go the opposite direction culturally if he really does have motivational and or behavioral issues.

3) They see Anderson as a generational talent and tone setter - 50/50 given positive chatter on leadership / character, having produced at a valued position, and testing solidly if not spectacularly at the combine.

Personally I’d trade out for the draft stock, but as a new HC Gannon may value culture setting over volume restocking of talent.
If they actually want to rebuild you trade back and stock picks. They’ll have some lean years with whatever they do I guarantee it

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I don't have to !

I'm not your bitch, if you are un capable of doing a little leg work, you don't deserve to be here. I'm not your subordinate, and won't take orders from you, got it !

The expectation has always been that if you're going to post news, then you provide the link. Fair game to criticize the misleading nature of your post otherwise.

Rich that you think you decide who deserves to be on an internet message board. All this because you can't post a link to a story you're claiming to have read.

Fox0r

Reaction score
The expectation has always been that if you're going to post news, then you provide the link. Fair game to criticize the misleading nature of your post otherwise.

Rich that you think you decide who deserves to be on an internet message board. All this because you can't post a link to a story you're claiming to have read.
Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Thats a garbage deal. nobody would do this. Nobody.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Thats a garbage deal. nobody would do this. Nobody.
It's really not that bad. It's actually a decent win on both the Johnson and Rich Hill charts if Washington doesn't make a deep playoff run in 2023.

I'm curious as to why the reaction is so overwhelmingly negative despite all indicators pointing towards this being a solid move if no blue-chip positional talents remain when pick 5 rolls around?

I mean, I get future picks are devalued, but they're devalued more by the human need for instant gratification than anything else.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
If they actually want to rebuild you trade back and stock picks. They’ll have some lean years with whatever they do I guarantee it
Yeah that would be my methodology too, however, wouldn‘t be the first time a coach focuses on establishing the culture via an alpha player and values that over sheer volume.