Poll: If they draft a qb, who will it be?

If they draft a qb, who will it be?

• Williams

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Daniels

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Maye

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • McCarthy

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • Penix

Votes: 47 37.3%
  • Nix

Votes: 17 13.5%
  • Other

Votes: 26 20.6%

• Total voters

CactusJack

Reaction score
So, are we trading up for McCarthy? Because he'll be long gone when the Hawks are picking.

You're looking at Bo Nix & Penix as the only available guys in the first two rounds. Milton, Rattler, Pratt, etc. you're not taking any of those guys before Round 3. Even then that would be a reach.

Rattler has physical limitations that should drop him. Same deal with Jordan Travis. I wouldn't expect either player to be picked before the 4th round.

Last edited:

WarHawks

Reaction score
Could we win a sb with either Nix or Penix?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nobody knows. All a matter of opinion, but just MY own preference is not taking a QB at 16. Would rather either grab a beast on the D or O line. Or trade down and still get a QB later in the 1st or in the 2nd. And NO, Penix is not a 3rd round pick like someone suggested :rolleyes:

CactusJack

Reaction score
Could we win a sb with either Nix or Penix?
I like Nix a lot. His ceiling is probably a mid tier to plus starter. Higher floor, lower ceiling guy. You can win with him, but you need a strong supporting cast around him.

Penix, you worry about his long-term durability. You better have a good backup at all times. Because injuries & health will always be a gamble with him.

Wsumatt1982

Reaction score
I don’t see us taking a QB until day if at all. With the moves yesterday and likely more coming we have far bigger needs than a QB. Free agency could change that. The more I look at where we are today, the more I see more pressing needs. I bet we bring back lock cheap and wait until next year or two to draft a QB.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I don’t see us taking a QB until day if at all. With the moves yesterday and likely more coming we have far bigger needs than a QB. Free agency could change that. The more I look at where we are today, the more I see more pressing needs. I bet we bring back lock cheap and wait until next year or two to draft a QB.
So more 8-9/9-8 mediocrity awesome. The thing about getting a QotF is you actually have to take a risk and actually draft a quarterback or you get to have a backup scrub like Geno who will never be in a Superbowl unless for some ridiculous reason Kansas City or someone signed him as a backup and you all know that isn't happening in this universe.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Yeah but, yeah but, we have needs that supersede the most important position in football.

Hawknight

Reaction score
Getting rid of Adams, Diggs and Dissly indicated rebuild whether anyone accepts or not. With current cap space, areas of need and the current QB situation does not indicate any playoffs for at least a season, perhaps even two. Other cuts/restructures and what are forthcoming and will show growing pains for this team in the season ahead. Having a lack of a 2nd rounder in the upcoming draft is hurting us quite a bit, it's the elephant in the room and gives us little to no wiggle room for what we can do draft wise. Unless MM and JS pull some magic out of the hat, which could happen, but the quickest way of rebuilding is cutting some of our veterans, i.e. Lockett, Metcalf and get younger, there may even be a few others to let go. Sometimes letting go some of your core players may hurt in the near interim, but will help the team grow in the future ahead. Crazy as it may sound, yes, Metcalf is a generational player, no doubt whatsoever, but if you don't have the team currently to take you all the way, his general worth currently will pay dividends later and in all fairness, let him play somewhere else where he can maximize his skills now and not waste it on a rebuild, as selfish as that would be. Just my 2 cents here, that is all. Unless I"m mistaken, our current QB and DK don't seem to mesh all so well anyways.