Poll: If they draft a qb, who will it be?

If they draft a qb, who will it be?

• Williams

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Daniels

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Maye

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • McCarthy

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • Penix

Votes: 47 37.3%
  • Nix

Votes: 17 13.5%
  • Other

Votes: 26 20.6%

• Total voters

WarHawks

Reaction score
McCarthy did well at the combine. One nfl scout apparently said he was the most nfl ready in terms of his overall skill set.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
Spencer Rattler
I had a vision that SR would end up here several months ago, but I have no insight about it. Open to the idea if they think he’s the post-Geno answer. Not at 16 though.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
I honestly have no idea. Since I don't follow college football at all, I'm at a disadvantage in saying where any of these guys 'should' go, but the consensus out there right now shows nobody before Penix even being available at #16 with a crazy run on QBs.

The things is, it's somewhat believable. There are a lot of QB hungry teams that are in good drafting position. Chicago, New England, and Denver are almost guaranteed, so that takes Williams, Maye, and Daniels off the board.

Then you have the 'maybe' guys. Washington, both New Yorks, Atlanta, and Minnesota are all possibles for wanting to grab a QB in the first and all draft ahead of us.

So, how do I think we do this? No idea.

How would I WANT us to go?
Trade down in the first, package up our 1st and one of our 3rds for a 1st and a 2nd with a team like Green Bay or Dallas. Grab O-Line in the first (someone hopefully versatile, with the plan to be a G but can take RT if Lucas's knee is a bigger issue).
In the 2nd, grab a ILB (Junior Colson is of interest to me because he was at Michigan but I've never seen him play).
Then, in the 3rd, grab a Spencer Rattler or Michael Pratt and see what we can do with them. If they look lost, we draft a QB again next year. (This assumes that McCarthy, Nix, or Penix don't fall all the way down to our 2nd round spot. If they do, I trust Schneider/Macdonald to know whether they should be worth the snag.)

xray

Reaction score
I had a vision that SR would end up here several months ago, but I have no insight about it. Open to the idea if they think he’s the post-Geno answer. Not at 16 though.
^
Round 3 would be perfect imo .

CPHawk

Reaction score
Spencer Rattler
He ran basically the same speed as an OL, and is just over 6ft. If we are taking a QB that far down the list I thought Leary looked better or get Travis and give him a year to heal and learn, then be ready to compete in 2025.

xray

Reaction score
He ran basically the same speed as an OL, and is just over 6ft. If we are taking a QB that far down the list I thought Leary looked better or get Travis and give him a year to heal and learn, then be ready to compete in 2025.
Granted , Rattler isn't fast and can't jump either ; but he's not going to compete in track & field .

DirectMessage

Reaction score
Rattler looked polished, but man his body type looks small. I might take Taulia Tagovailoa on a flyer on the second day, tbh. The second grouping in the combine kind of struggled hitting wr's down field. JJ and Bo Nix seemed to do the best, IMHO. Kedon Slovis running in the 4.5 range was crazy. 🤣

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Rattler looks like another college QB. Dude throws a lot of balls off his back foot falling backwards when he sees pressure. He runs backwards too often. Scheme-fit and they didn't build on offense off of him.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Because he struggles to process what he sees on the field resulting lots of late throws. our new OC like a lot of presnap movement to for the defense to show its cards, that only works if you know what you are looking at as a QB.
Cool story.
You don't normally hear that a QB who threw for 4200+ yards with an almost 70% completion percentage in a season had no idea what he was looking at.
Good to know.

SuperSonic67

Reaction score
Based on Schneider’s past history I don’t think he’ll trade up…if anything I think he’ll trade down for more picks, and ideally a lower first and a late pick in round two. Penix will be there in round two…his multiple knee injuries are too big a risk for a round one pick.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Unless the QB they want falls to them they probably will draft the best available player on either side of the ball, tbh. Or trade back. Hard to say if there is a run on QB's this year or not. Depends on who they move in a trade before the draft. I'm hoping they can trade Metcalf for some picks.
Trade DK?
Serious question.

Personally I’m hoping that DK gets even more involved and actually flourishes under some fresh leadership.
DK is IMHO the #1 guy that hasn’t lived up to his potential solely based on how and when he was used.

Gosh I hope we don’t trade him, I can’t imagine having to play against him under good leadership.

12forlife

Reaction score
I honestly would rather see John identify a QB with the frame, arm talent & wheels who is underrated and doesn't have the prolific college stats to warrant going high. Don't know who that would be but the 3rd, 4th or later would be his under the radar spot. Kind of a RW3 pick with more height, less big stage and the right mental toughness, mindset off the bat.
A guy who if he doesn't stick, won't be the Titanic sinking, but enough potential to take a shot on, maybe even to be backup QB for a all in 2025 QBOTF
They had better be careful, first round quarterbacks are far more likely to stunt a team's growth in their first 4-5 years than to lead them to playoff wins.
The Mahomes and Strouds are few & far between and this draft seems to hold some linemen we could use.
Dig deep. Milton college, Cal Poly deep.
Again this logic don't hold water unless your wanting another mediocre QB? The final 7 of 8 QB's in the playoffs were drafted in the 1st round.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Trade DK?
Serious question.

Personally I’m hoping that DK gets even more involved and actually flourishes under some fresh leadership.
DK is IMHO the #1 guy that hasn’t lived up to his potential solely based on how and when he was used.

Gosh I hope we don’t trade him, I can’t imagine having to play against him under good leadership.
Yeah, like using him in the middle of the field. Can't wait to see this new offense.

DirectMessage

Reaction score
Trade DK?
Serious question.

I would trade him. The money you pay a superstar WR and RB isn't worth it. The NFL has evolved into these scheme systems where finding the right guys for your system is more important. The Pats started it in recent years and these young coaches furthered it, IMHO. It's why Mahomes took no a name receiving core and won the Superbowl. Sure, Kelce is a generational talent no doubt. I not even impressed with Mahomes, he's basically a system QB. He's not better than the old QB's based on talent. Guys like Marino, Elway, Young, etc. It's obvious that's where the NFL is heading. QB's on down being interchangeable parts.