Playoff chances now?

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
Anyone of you that knows our playoff picture right now?
Feels like we are not going to get in without some love from other teams... which teams?
It felt like i heard if we won 3 of 5 of our last 5 games we were in.. .but now its 3 of 4 of the last?
Anyone have any concrete data, thanks

BChawkfan

Reaction score
The only data I have on concrete is that it gets hard then cracks. Also,there is 2 different types of concrete. Cracked and not cracked yet...
Go Hawkes

Spohawks

Reaction score
Lets not act like the Hawks are the only ones in a win or die situation. If Washington and New York lose a game they are on the outside looking in.

Its so close that by the numbers (I believe) if the Seahawks win on Thursday, they are back in the playoffs.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Still gotta' lace em up. But I just can't imagine this defense stopping anyone against the run. And yes, during the 4 game winning streak, they were better.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Still gotta' lace em up. But I just can't imagine this defense stopping anyone against the run. And yes, during the 4 game winning streak, they were better.
Whatever they did to stop Saquon, I hope the coaching staff dusts off the tape for that game and goes back to see what they were doing different lol

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
IF Pete can get them to treat this game like their Super Bowl, they could shock the world on Thursday. Like he did the Denver game. And the Arizona game last year to end the season, and knock Arizona out of the top seed.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
IF Pete can get them to treat this game like their Super Bowl, they could shock the world on Thursday. Like he did the Denver game. And the Arizona game last year to end the season, and knock Arizona out of the top seed.
Lol exactly that would be Pete's M.O.

Play up to the competition and get all our hopes up

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
This team is not going to the playoffs. And if by some miracle happening they do manage to squeak in, I can’t see them making a very respectful appearance.

Just the way I see it.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I won't be overly disappointed if we don't make it. We have already more than doubled the expectations of most 'experts' with regard to wins on the season. My biggest concern is for Denver to keep on keepin' on the way they have been. The playoffs that will matter to us are a year or two down the road.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
If for some reason we do make the playoffs it will be more by other teams ineptitude, than our success. Even in the extremely unlikely event we won a wildcard game, we'd still get bounced in the next round.

I think we take a QB this year. I've heard there are a few guys with the talent and experience to run a pro offense, and when you have such a great draft situation you use it.

There's plenty of talent and picks to get a QB and still fill all the other holes. Running back prospects are great middle and late round picks and are abundant.

cymatica

Reaction score
Does anyone want to even see them eek their way in just to get humiliated and show the league they don't belong? I don't see them beating any playoff team, not 1.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Does anyone want to even see them eek their way in just to get humiliated and show the league they don't belong? I don't see them beating any playoff team, not 1.
Of course I want to see them in the playoffs. By definition they belong, because they had a better record than those that don't belong.(if they qualify)

Are you suggesting a new playoff format, a-la MLB of long ago when only the top 4 teams play off for the chance at a Superbowl?

That would guarantee only the cream of the crop, but potential playoff droughts of 40-90 years.

I like the formula the way it is. There is always hope, and we've seen Pete Carroll teams surprise in the past.

James in PA

Reaction score
Anyone with the mindset of, "they would just embarrass themselves in the 1st round anyway, so might as well not get in and land a better draft pick" probably didn't follow this franchise during the excruciating 1990's. Playoffs is always better than no playoffs.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Unfortunately it's looking a bit dire. The Hawks have a pretty tough slate to close out the regular season with matches against the Niners and on the road at the Chiefs. The good thing is they play at home for 3 of the last 4 and finish up the season with the Jets and the Rams. They probably have to win out for a real shot at a Wild Card spot.

Detroit is a game back and has a pretty easy schedule and could win out with the way they've been playing. Their toughest remaining games are against the 7-6 Jets, 5-8 Panthers and the 5-8 Packers but all on the road.

The Giants are a half game back and have a pretty tough row to hoe, including a game against the Commanders plus games at the Vikings and at the Eagles

The Commanders are a half game back and don't have a cake walk with remaining games at the Commanders plus games at the Niners and home against the Cowboys.

The Cowboys are 3 games ahead but don't have it easy either with games against the Eagles and on the road against the Titans and Commanders to wrap up their season.

Should be an interesting finish!

Last edited: