Picture this....

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Picture this.....

What if PC & JS rebuild this team and model it after the Titans with a better defense?
Do you think that Drew Lock can be Ryan Tannehill 2.0? Tannehill was "ruined" by Miami and has turned into a decent starter, capable of playing his way into the playoffs with the right offense and coaching. Can Lock do the same? Pete & John need to find a punishing run game and a stellar defense and this could work. Sound familiar? Maybe Lock just needs a change of scenery. Denver hasn't exactly been good at developing young QBs.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
Pete loves to say they need to compete every day. The areas they consistently do not compete is they do not draft well and changing the system to better suit their players.

We have countless comments from players about the talent. It has been there but Pete just isnt flexible enough to make adjustments to better use them.

Now that we are back in QB purgatory we will see much more of this issue.

sutz

Reaction score
I suspect Pete wants to build a team that doesn't depend so much on a prima donna QB. :twisted:

mistaowen

Reaction score
Pete is going to get his defense back. That's for sure a goal and he admitted ego got in the way past few years. Absolutely no way he can accept another year of a bottom 5 defense.

The coaching staff turnover, freed up money from Bobby, the extra picks. He's gonna load up fast, angry, young, chip on shoulder guys on defense and look for a young cheap QB who can manage low scoring games. I'd be happy if Waldron can field a Goff-like Rams offense next year that doesn't rely on whoever the QB is too much but the scheme is good enough to get guys open.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
sutz":2nawa51c said:
I suspect Pete wants to build a team that doesn't depend so much on a prima donna QB. :twisted:

That prima donna QB was the only thing keeping the team above water for years.

LTH

Reaction score
sutz":3aho8whf said:

The O has enough talent so that the QB doesn't have to be as good as Wilson they just need a qb that is mobile, can make all the throws and that can manage the game with out making mistakes and turning the ball over...

There were times that the Seahawks O looked good with Geno.. not saying that Geno is the guy but i'm saying that they don't need someone as good as Wilson with a really strong D and a great run game... a great QB would be the ultimate goal but thats pretty hard to find and It might take a year or two to find the right guy...

LTH

toffee

Reaction score
LTH":7wqvw3lt said:
sutz":7wqvw3lt said:

The O has enough talent so that the QB doesn't have to be as good as Wilson they just need a qb that is mobile, can make all the throws and that can manage the game with out making mistakes and turning the ball over...

There were times that the Seahawks O looked good with Geno.. not saying that Geno is the guy but i'm saying that they don't need someone as good as Wilson with a really strong D and a great run game... a great QB would be the ultimate goal but thats pretty hard to find and It might take a year or two to find the right guy...

LTH

Our offense looked subpar when a super rusty Geno took over, but improve as Geno gotten more snaps. I felt at the time that Russ' premature came back was due to Geno starting to play competently. OK, that's before opposing DC had time to game plan against Geno.

There are many ways to super bowl, a star QB remains the go to route. That said, quite a few subpar QB led there teams to super bowl too, remember Jimmy? Trent? etc,

Own The West

Reaction score
Anyone want to hazard a guess what our record would have been if Geno had played every snap from camp on?

His and Wilson's stats were eerily similar:

Wilson
CMP% 64.8
YDS/GM 222
TD:INT 25:6
Rating 103.1

Smith
CMP% 68.4
YDS/GM 234
TD:INT 5:1
Rating 103.0

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Own The West":3hs5fse5 said:
Anyone want to hazard a guess what our record would have been if Geno had played every snap from camp on?

Wilson
CMP% 64.8
YDS/GM 222
Rating 103.1

Smith
CMP% 68.4
YDS/GM 234
Rating 103.0

Geno again??? OMG. If Geno started every game, we'd have gone 3-14.

If Russ had played every game healthy, we'd have made the playoffs.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1wff5fm2 said:
sutz":1wff5fm2 said:

That prima donna QB was the only thing keeping the team above water for years.

So true. With Russ, we had a legit chance to win every single game for 10 years. And we won a lot of them.

Hyak

Reaction score
Own The West":1u274n0x said:

Wilson
CMP% 64.8
YDS/GM 222
Rating 103.1

Smith
CMP% 68.4
YDS/GM 234
Rating 103.0

This is where stats can be very misleading. Smith's numbers are greatly skewed by the 84 yard TD pass in the NO game and the Jags game.

There's no evidence Smith can consistently produce.

That being said, Russ benefited from similar things and didn't play great ball aside from a couple of games