Pete's got the team and his mojo back.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Watching Pete's pressers lately - I just can't help but notice that his attitude is like 1000 times better than the tail end of the Russ era, and even last season.

During the Let Russ Cook era - there were times he just looked defeated - I've used the term 'gun in his mouth' a few times. If you haven't caught his pressers lately, or you forgot how dark the scene was just a couple of years ago - have a look at yesterday versus a couple years ago.

I know that he's not here forever - but I'm glad he's here now, and that the team seems to have re-gelled around him - alot like a 2012/2013 attitude. IMO.

He's messing with reporters a little bit, and just having a good time. I love it! And I love where this season and this attitude is going! Go Pete!

2 years ago:

Yesterday:

Seems like we're mostly healed up and ready for a push into the '2nd half' here. Go Pete! Go Hawks!

Cyrus12

Reaction score
After the sb 49 debacle things were slowly falling apart...making dumb trades..bad drafts..and trying to coddle a beyond diva qb who was a cancer to this team. Even last year it looked like Pete was 20 yrs old again. Not to mention the praise hes been getting for being the key reason to dangerwich's only success. I just think the drama is gone and he doesn't have to try and please one guy. Definitely more of a team first atmosphere

strohmin

Reaction score
Watching Pete's pressers lately - I just can't help but notice that his attitude is like 1000 times better than the tail end of the Russ era, and even last season.

During the Let Russ Cook era - there were times he just looked defeated - I've used the term 'gun in his mouth' a few times. If you haven't caught his pressers lately, or you forgot how dark the scene was just a couple of years ago - have a look at yesterday versus a couple years ago.

I know that he's not here forever - but I'm glad he's here now, and that the team seems to have re-gelled around him - alot like a 2012/2013 attitude. IMO.

He's messing with reporters a little bit, and just having a good time. I love it! And I love where this season and this attitude is going! Go Pete!

2 years ago:

Yesterday:

Seems like we're mostly healed up and ready for a push into the '2nd half' here. Go Pete! Go Hawks!

Lets see how the team responds after the bye.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score

2 years ago:

Yesterday:

You didn't hear?? The game passed Pete by and his positive rah rah attitude doesn't work anymore.

I love Carroll, he just seems like such a solid person all the way around.

JPatera76

Reaction score
You didn't hear?? The game passed Pete by and his positive rah rah attitude doesn't work anymore.

I love Carroll, he just seems like such a solid person all the way around.
I thought it was a "lets just wait to see how the the team responds to: (insert whatever excuse someone has here, i.e bye, "real opponent" etc etc etc )"

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
After the sb 49 debacle things were slowly falling apart...making dumb trades..bad drafts..and trying to coddle a beyond diva qb who was a cancer to this team. Even last year it looked like Pete was 20 yrs old again. Not to mention the praise hes been getting for being the key reason to dangerwich's only success. I just think the drama is gone and he doesn't have to try and please one guy. Definitely more of a team first atmosphere
Yea - i saw him coming around last year - but this year he got 'paid' on the draft picks.

I think that's a bit of the diffference - the 'deal' for Me3 is 'done' now. He got all the fresh shiny rebuilding pieces that made him happy. Everything about Russ is officially in the rearview at this point.

I'm just loving it. THIS is the coach and team attitude we want. Bobby's back. Geno's slinging. Coach is happy! Enjoy this shit while it lasts!!!!!

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
I got a feeling John Schneider is probably a happier guy too. An unhappy GM no bueno. Or so i've heard.

Rat

Reaction score
Hes likely cemented his spot in the hof too.
It's debatable if he retired right now, but he's just ten wins from passing Bill Parcells for the 12th most wins all time. 23 wins to reach Chuck Knox and crack the top 10. He might be old on paper, but I can't see him not going at least another two seasons. A SB champion with an iconic defense helps, in addition to making the 2010s all-decade team. No COY awards, but everyone knows that award is a joke. The reason he hasn't won is that he has created such a consistent culture of winning that it's nearly impossible to exceed preseason expectations. There's always a Mike Smith, Jason Garrett, Matt Nagy, or Kevin Stefanski who take over a trash team capable of winning like 6-7 games more than expected.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I'm sure he's a happy guy right now being 3-1. Lets let the season play out a little.