Pete said it all, by not saying anything.

chris98251

Reaction score
Pete's press conference said there was no one thing but lots of little things. Earls interview stating there was a lot of things he wanted to say but couldn't.

This tells me they are in a flux of the change that has occurred, things being different, coaches doing things different, they don't want to call anyone out but there is certainly some people they want to hold accountable.

Behind the scenes I think there is a bit of conflict with things, whether it's defense against offense, against OC or DC or players not thinking others are holding up their end. The team is not cohesive, the team isn't showing that same all togetherness on the sidelines either.

I think we will muddle thru things this year, correct a few issues and maybe salvage something out of it. The wear and tear of two long, long seasons and the toll taken on players mentally and physically I also think has shown it's reprocussions. They won't say it but think about working over time consistently for three years straight and how it would wear you down.

I believe we will make some dramatic player changes next season to bring in new blood and lower contracts, I expect some coaches to be replaced as well, I won't speculate on who, I do think Pete will look at where problems are and make the changes, regressing isn't something he will accept for long, hearing Boo Birds at home sent a message as well, even if not acknowledged right now.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
What did Earl say specifically?

I missed that. Is he saying he wants to call out certain players but cannot?

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2u88bc2o said:

His answers were short, he said just that, lots of things he would like to say but he couldn't, he was visibly frustrated.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
chris98251":tdslsjzf said:
TwistedHusky":tdslsjzf said:

His answers were short, he said just that, lots of things he would like to say but he couldn't, he was visibly frustrated.
The classic sign of a team with huge infighting likely linked to who is coaching at certain critical posts. Unbelievable that 7-9 or worse isn't out of the realm of possibility.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I wouldn't think Earl could be reffering to Richard because the LOB pushed for him to get the job over Norton didn't they?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
chris98251":3dzhywsc said:
Pete's press conference said there was no one thing but lots of little things. Earls interview stating there was a lot of things he wanted to say but couldn't.

This tells me they are in a flux of the change that has occurred, things being different, coaches doing things different, they don't want to call anyone out but there is certainly some people they want to hold accountable.

Behind the scenes I think there is a bit of conflict with things, whether it's defense against offense, against OC or DC or players not thinking others are holding up their end. The team is not cohesive, the team isn't showing that same all togetherness on the sidelines either.

I think we will muddle thru things this year, correct a few issues and maybe salvage something out of it. The wear and tear of two long, long seasons and the toll taken on players mentally and physically I also think has shown it's reprocussions. They won't say it but think about working over time consistently for three years straight and how it would wear you down.

I believe we will make some dramatic player changes next season to bring in new blood and lower contracts, I expect some coaches to be replaced as well, I won't speculate on who, I do think Pete will look at where problems are and make the changes, regressing isn't something he will accept for long, hearing Boo Birds at home sent a message as well, even if not acknowledged right now.
Good post Chris and I agree with all you've said. I might add I strongly believe this team was badly damaged psychologically by XLIX both by losing the 10 point 4th quarter lead and by that fateful interception on the NE one. I also think these guys have tasted success and gotten greedy and self-absorbed. Not all of them. I don't think it applies to Earl or Sherm but certainly does to Kam, Bennett, Irvin, etc.

Pete has a GIGANTIC mental and emotional repair and replace job in front of him.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
brimsalabim":372wupwf said:
I wouldn't think Earl could be reffering to Richard because the LOB pushed for him to get the job over Norton didn't they?
No, you know who it is and the team is basically imploding right before our eyes. Riddle me this...did you actually believe Carolina wouldn't either tie it or win it when they got the ball back? Guess who's fault that is? Not Richards.

It's okay given this team needs to houseclean some things and make a couple large changes not at the player level to put it gracefully.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
The players seemed great coming out of Hawaii so what happend ?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Remember that SI piece about the Hawaii trip that described the rift between the defensive players and offensive players.

The way these first 6 weeks have played out, I wonder if that rift isn't going to rear its ugly head again.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3d57140j said:
brimsalabim":3d57140j said:
No, you know who it is and the team is basically imploding right before our eyes. Riddle me this...did you actually believe Carolina wouldn't either tie it or win it when they got the ball back? Guess who's fault that is? Not Richards.

It's okay given this team needs to houseclean some things and make a couple large changes not at the player level to put it gracefully.

The only thing I can think of that you're implying here is to make a change from Pete Carroll as the head coach. I could be wrong in how I'm reading your post. However if I am correct then that is silliness at best.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":dudqw362 said:
MizzouHawkGal":dudqw362 said:
brimsalabim":dudqw362 said:

The only thing I can think of that you're implying here is to make a change from Pete Carroll as the head coach. I could be wrong in how I'm reading your post. However if I am correct then that is silliness at best.
Guessing he means at the coordinator level.

evergreen

Reaction score
our agonizingly close losses came against teams going 19-3. And three of them Hate us. Two were extremely motivated to vanquish us after we beat them in the playoffs... Just saying keep it in perspective...

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1s2at547 said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":1s2at547 said:
MizzouHawkGal":1s2at547 said:
brimsalabim":1s2at547 said:

Guessing he means at the coordinator level.

Pretty sure that's what she means

netskier

Reaction score
Both Russell and Graham reported great mutual chemistry coming out of Hawaii, and then the coaches said that they did not need to change the offense to integrate Graham, and then they did not change it, and the failure to change the offense destroyed that chemistry, predictably.

Chawks1

Reaction score
evergreen":3pjr6emb said:
our agonizingly close losses came against teams going 19-3. And three of them Hate us. Two were extremely motivated to vanquish us after we beat them in the playoffs... Just saying keep it in perspective...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 2,076

IndyHawk84

Reaction score
What is different is this team never recovered from Superbowl 49.

The mentally strong Seahawks we all new and loved that was special for the last 3 years is a damn corpse on that field where SB 49 happened.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":y2cm9qgd said:
chris98251":y2cm9qgd said:

Good post Chris and I agree with all you've said. I might add I strongly believe this team was badly damaged psychologically by XLIX both by losing the 10 point 4th quarter lead and by that fateful interception on the NE one. I also think these guys have tasted success and gotten greedy and self-absorbed. Not all of them. I don't think it applies to Earl or Sherm but certainly does to Kam, Bennett, Irvin, etc.

Pete has a GIGANTIC mental and emotional repair and replace job in front of him.

I suspect a good portion of the XLIX damage stems from no repercussions for Bevell. Pete's system, more than most others, rely on the players being "in". If you start to lose that at all, you get what we are seeing now.

greenblue_eye's2

Reaction score
Idk, but a really think that the team is missing some of its Defensive Coordinators that they lost last Season. Because something is definitely missing on the Defensive side of the ball.