Pete Extended

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I see it slightly differently. Paul Allen’s goal was to see things carry on as they are.

The last thing that he would want is for a new ownership group to take over and change what he has built in the Seahawks.

To ensure that his legacy continues, I suspect Jody will lock the current administration into long-term contracts prior to putting the team on the market. Potential buyers will have to be okay buying into a situation where changes can’t be made for several years. This should weed out the Behring’s of the world.

BigMeach

Reaction score
bigskydoc":xssdpp4x said:
I see it slightly differently. Paul Allen’s goal was to see things carry on as they are.

The last thing that he would want is for a new ownership group to take over and change what he has built in the Seahawks.

To ensure that his legacy continues, I suspect Jody will lock the current administration into long-term contracts prior to putting the team on the market. Potential buyers will have to be okay buying into a situation where changes can’t be made for several years. This should weed out the Behring’s of the world.

Maybe... could also be that by locking them up you can get a better price for the team or are more likely to be able to sell them at top dollar. Considering the team now comes with the best coach and GM combo in the league for at least a few years...

I don't think so though, I believe both are wrong. Firstly, media reports are wrong all the time and the first reports out after a mourning period were stating the team would be sold. Could easily be that they were just dead wrong. Also, it could be that Jody Allen did want to sell the team at first, but once she started sitting above the team as the owner and got a taste of the kool aid she changed her tune...

No matter what it is though, it's a great time to be a Hawks fan, we get to keep our hall of fame coach and GM.

:179422:

Eamon696

Reaction score
This is great news. Now, let's win a few more rings so we can send him to the Hall of Fame!

LTH

Reaction score
Great move by the Seahawks...after all the turnover with coaches and players the fact they made the playoffs after all the adversity is quite amazing and the mark of a great coach. Cant remember what Schneider contract status is but Id be looking to tie him up long term as well!

LTH

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Great news we have stability in the front office and a clear vision at coach and GM going forward. Merry Christmas everyone.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
A lot of coaching left?

True tactics will never really be countered. Pete is great with someone for three years and then moves on. The lob extended their welcome.

It’s not that his scheme gets old. His people di

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Get ready for a lot of one and dones in the playoffs. He is never going to bring us another super bowl. I’m not to excited about this.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":k2cxexfz said:
Get ready for a lot of one and dones in the playoffs. He is never going to bring us another super bowl. I’m not to excited about this.

So within 1-2 games of a super bowl isnt worth getting excited about?

Looking around, only found 2 coaches even remotely close to that record

warden

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1ehzulnj said:
Previous six times we went to the playoffs, not once were we one and done

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":yuu1d6tq said:

Come on, Doc. you really don't believe that, do you?

Donn2390

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":bgxkqbke said:
You need to find a team that will guarantee you a SB victory every year...!! I hear the Raiders and 49ers are looking for fans, here is your chance to go with a winner.
The Seahawks prefer fans who are believers, no negative attitudes allowed here, too many already.,,
MERRY CHRISTMAS....

chris98251

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3nmnd7nr said:

Teams with a good defense and good running game are rarely one and done, they get beat but never consistently.

Second did you see the Gif of Jody Allen, she was all fanned up, she is a fan and happens to be the owner now, she is also a fan of the Huskies. Don't think she is going away soon.

Now go find another Bowl of Cheerios to piss in.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
chris98251":2nwqyxwl said:
Spin Doctor":2nwqyxwl said:

Teams with a good defense and good running game are rarely one and done, they get beat but never consistently.

Second did you see the Gif of Jody Allen, she was all fanned up, she is a fan and happens to be the owner now, she is also a fan of the Huskies. Don't think she is going away soon.

That is a simplistic way at looking at things, especially when Carroll has been one and done even with a strong running game and defense in the past. In fact that has been the case since 2015.

As far as Jody goes, she is selling the team if that is what Allen put in his will. This team is getting sold at some time or another, Jody is not going to be the owner in the long term.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
As frustrated as I was after week 2, he has once again proven he's one of the best of all time at re-vamping a team. He's just one hell of a football coach. His message is not "stale" and this team has not "lost it's way"
It found it's way..........back in to the playoffs. Got rid of the drama queens, and look where they are.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Dawned on me today that I’m confused about the meaning of “one and done.” Does it mean you win the first one, then you’re done and lose the second game, or does it mean you lose the first game?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3pgnxn9s said:
chris98251":3pgnxn9s said:
Spin Doctor":3pgnxn9s said:

That is a simplistic way at looking at things, especially when Carroll has been one and done even with a strong running game and defense in the past. In fact that has been the case since 2015.

As far as Jody goes, she is selling the team if that is what Allen put in his will. This team is getting sold at some time or another, Jody is not going to be the owner in the long term.

How many times have they been one and done?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
NOT ONCE have they been one and done under Pete. ZERO TIMES.

I truly believe that some people are not capable of just admitting they were wrong. Esp. when it comes to Russ or Pete. I picture a little kid with his arms folded saying "no, I will not admit I was wrong" and then doing that fall on the ground in the store and kicking the legs thing......... :34853_doh:

Again, they haven't been "ONE AND DONE" in ANY of their playoff appearances under Pete. NOT ONCE. :roll:
So, get ready for a lot of something that hasn't actually ever happened? Ok then.........

2010 playoffs, beat the World Champion Saints, NOT one and done.
2012 playoffs, beat the Redskins, NOT one and done.
2013 playoffs, won the Super Bowl....
2014 playoffs, went back to the Super Bowl....
2015 playoffs, beat the Vikings, NOT one and done.
2016 playoffs, beat the Lions, NOT one and done

chris98251

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":10xfvnzi said:
chris98251":10xfvnzi said:
Spin Doctor":10xfvnzi said:

Not simple fact, you make a general statement and because you can't distort it with a bunch of narratives to fit your agenda it's now simple.

I am sure Paul had a plan, but Paul also enjoyed the Huskies growing up and by his involvement during his ownership he looked to enjoy being the owner of the Seahawks, especially given the investment of himself and resources to making sure they were world caliber. Where he was not admittedly a huge Seahawks fan when he initially saved the Franchise I do not believe that was the case when his last days were lived out.

2022798069.jpg

That and the fact players such as Lynch, Sherman and others the Staff, Pete and almost everyone else assocoiated with this team loved the man. He was on the sidelines and at practices and was welcome by all.

Jody probably will fulfill his wishes, but there is also a time frame involved and it may be when she can no longer fill the roll. The team was or is to be sold to fund other ventures that are part of Pauls interests, given Pauls success with most things he was involved with and his resources that may not be for a while.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1078045699931951104[/tweet]