Personal Draft grades

Your Grade with closing of draft

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nanomoz

Reaction score
I love the continued organizational priority on toughness, physicality, football dedication, and leadership traits. It's going to show on the field.

Remember that span of a few years when the Hawks opponents almost always lost the game in the week after they played the Seahawks (because they beat people up)? John and Pete want that back. I love it.

DanejaHawk

Reaction score
We killed it. The team addressed every need outside of ILB, and I'm sure that will be shored up in UDFA.

I think PC/JS did an excellent job of navigating expectations and the way the board fell to them while really sticking to their guns in terms of drafting BPA.

I'm sure many fans and pundits alike are panning the draft because the Hawks didn't "reach for this DT" or "took RB early when we already have one" or whatever narrative they've been spinning their mental tires on for the last few weeks. But if you take a step back and really take in the 10,000' overview you'll see we helped ourselves immensely.

We got a shutdown corner to pair with our other shutdown corner. The best WR in the draft TO PUT IN THE SLOT 👀. An EDGE who's body type and abilities give me hybrid Irvin/Avril vibes. An incredible RB2 to pair with Walker, which will really help our 3rd down offense again. A mountainous and mauling G. A true NT that absolutely can and will be a solid 2-gap presence. A DE that is already putting on the good weight to play 5-tech. A solid C prospect. A nice depth piece at S. And rounded out the RB depth.

That's basically every freakin box checked.
Everything else can and will be dealt with in FA. Pete was very specific in his presser yesterday in saying that they weren't done yet in FA. Now they can use the draftees as data points off which to build their last plan of attack.

We should all be tickled.

Last edited:

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Its a B for me. Mainly because its a solid not spectacular first round. I'm not saying I don't like the guys they got but had they been able to draft AR that would have been an A for me. I'll be cheering and rooting for Witherspoon don't get me wrong.
Again I think its a solid draft worthy of a B grade. JSN could make that grade look silly down the road though if he turns into a Cooper Kupp type reciever.
I have no problem with the rb's they got and the offensive and defensive line players sound like solid picks.

Rainger

Reaction score
As a someone who casually follows the Seahawks, I would give them a B. They don't get a top 5 pick very often and Witherspoon isn't a top 5 pick, in my book. I would say, a top teen pick, but I'm not a drafting expert, or anything like that. I would of like them to have picked Jalen Carter at 5 and maybe Will Levis at 20.
That is why you are not a scout. Go look at mock drafts. Many had Spoon being taken with the 6th pick. Dont think we should quibble over 1 position. He never would have made it to 20. He is top talent at his position.

They had a perfect draft. Skill positions in the first rounds and beef positional needs in the middle where those were rated. NO reaches in this draft whatsoever.

Rainger

Reaction score
99% of the people panning the draft and giving lower grades all say the same thing, they didn't pick who I wanted at the position I wanted. Because I knew what the Hawks needed better than the coaches and scouts!

The Hawks didn't follow my mock draft waaaaa they get a C.

No they get an A+ specifically because they didn't follow yours or the pundits mock drafts.

Last edited:

renofox

Reaction score
I wasn't happy because fixing our run defense was a high priority and I felt that John and Pete let us down in that fashion.

The players are all good selections (maybe even a couple of pro bowlers) but, I'm left feeling let down when it comes to our DL.

C grade

Cheers
A for execution. B- for results.

The board did not fall the Seahawks way, at all, to address the IDL without reaching. It was also a piss-poor class for ILB.

I think they did a great job with the picks they did have. Not sure if they were unable to make trades to get better IDL, or if they were hoping for the board to fall to them - either way, I'm disappointed but hopeful our IDL players will step up.

IDL and ILB seem to be the only soft spots on the roster right now, and everything else (except QB and OL, and maybe S) seems to be well stocked with PLUS players.

Great progress for year 2 of the rebuild. Another year like this and the Seahawks may be ready for another SB.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
All the people panning the draft and giving lower grades all say the same thing, they didn't pick who I wanted at the position I wanted. Because I knew what the Hawks needed better than the coaches and scouts!

The Hawks didn't follow my mock draft waaaaa they get a C.

No they get an A+ specifically because they didn't follow yours or the pundits mock drafts.
“ALL” is a little strong but I think you nailed the rest.

James in PA

Reaction score
The reason a lot of people feel better about our first pick last year vs this year is because in last year's draft, value and need lined up perfectly. Cross was the BPA and we badly needed a left tackle. One could argue it lined up perfectly again this year, but the BPA turned out to be a head case. And had he been a model citizen, he would have gone 2nd or 3rd overall anyway. We got the BPA who wasn't a head case.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I mean, an A grade is they knocked it out of the park. At least thats what it means to me. I don't think the draft fell to them in a way for them to knock it out of the park. Had they gotten a game changing QB at 5 thats hitting it out of the park imo. Getting a feisty CB with fringe height weight isn't hitting it out of the park to me. Again I like the guy, glad he is here and I will be rooting for him but its just not an A grade to me.
JSN could be great or he could be just a reliable third down chain mover type. He doesn't have elite speed or size like D.K or Lockett but he could still be an elite WR in his own way.
I thought the rest of the draft brought good value with possible starters. So all together solid B for me.
Not giving an A grade doesn't mean you are hating on the draft or whining they didn't get your guy per se.

Last edited:

AgentDib

Reaction score
Mock draft grades have never made sense to me. We don't have the medicals, interviews or background checks to know why some players slipped. We really don't know where players "would have gone" if they hadn't been selected at a spot. Just compare any mock (my final one had Levis to the Texans at #2) against what actually happened and it should be clear how little we actually know.

What I do like here is the process. CB, WR and EDGE as our first three picks is following the meta for success. So is sitting on IDL/IOL until later. Cam Young at #123 and Ole Oluwatimi at #151 are good prospects at insanely better value than if we had reached for Mazi, JMS or Torrence at #20 like many fan mocks were hoping for.

Also, while I am a fan of drafting QBs, I don't mind that we didn't reach for one after the top three were off the board. I would have wanted Tanner McKee at #198 but he was off the board to the Eagles 10 picks earlier. Clayton Tune at #139 was way too early for my tastes.

MagnificentSeven

Reaction score
I felt better about the draft after Day 3, but overall, I think it's still a bit light in areas we needed to really address. I'm going to say B-. Onward to UDFAs.....

Jac

Reaction score
The last two years remind me of the way Ozzie Newsome drafted. Don't trade away your draft capital, don't keep trading down thinking you're smarter than everybody else, pick your BPA regardless of need, and target tough/healthy football players (i.e., not crazy "projections"). Not to look ahead to next year, but we currently have all our drafts picks plus another Denver-gifted third. We keep this up, this roster will be in competition for most talented across the league (the kind that's built to bully other teams).

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I said knocked it out of the park. I mean it. I did not understand some until I read a lot of comments and then I went overseas to Packerfanforum....and they said we did damn good. But spoon was a concern for them. I gave them our link to our data. Statistics are sorta important...but humanity is more. And we did fantastic. FANtastic.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
We killed it, for the second year in a row.

We didn't do something stupid to gamble on a QB that almost certainly won't pan out. We didn't gamble on Carter somehow doing what Lacy couldn't do, put down the fork, and get into the conditioning room. We didn't try to get cute to fill our need along the line, in a draft that was weak in inside line guys, on both sides.

We went out and got real Seahawks. Players who love the game. Love to play. Have a just a little nasty in them. Motivated. Leaders. Character. Same as last year. "We got some dogs."

We got the best corner in the draft
We got the best WR in the draft.
We got the best RB in the draft.
We got the best Center in the draft.
We got 1 of the top 2 guards in the draft.
We got the best 3rd down back in the draft.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Can all of the plusses and minuses be added to the poll choices too? Such as A- and C+ and D- etc. etc.
etc.
Probably but is it really that important to spit hairs?

Just pick the grade that’s closest to your opinion, and add +/- via your comment.

Nobody is going to critique You that harshly.