Percy Harvin

HawkWow

Reaction score
brimsalabim":vxevj8of said:
Not to pick on Lynch because it was an anomaly but Harvin scores on that play that bounced off Lynch
s jersey.

I could be wrong, but I put that on RW. He had time to let Lynch get his head around, but rushed the throw, then fired the ball like he was Jake Locker. I didn't think there was enough pressure on RW, or Lynch, to warrant such a throw. Very unusual for RW to not throw a very catchable ball to an RB. Won't happen next time.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I'll have to take you word for it because I was listening to the radio at that point. Those guys called it a sure TD if Lynch catches it and said the ball hit him right in the numbers.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":18wagnjy said:
Harvin/Tate/Baldwin is a great combination.

TBH I've been thinking Harvin/Tate/Kearse is a pretty nice combo, and really diversifies what can be done.

Percy does an amazing number of things amazingly well, but he isn't really a deep threat. I think Kearse -- probably more than Baldwin -- could open up space underneath for Percy and Tate to really shine.

hawker84

Reaction score
hawkfannj":26em9oli said:
We keep thinking harvin is the savior and our O will be just so great well if we can't block worth a crap it won't matter.

agree 100% ... not going to do didly getting him back when the pass protection is this weak.. probably see more screens though.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3e3qewfk said:
Can he play guard? or Tackle?

Sorry, that was cynical. I'm actually super stoked for Harvin. He was the perfect off season acquisition, imo.

At least he will improve our short passing game and create nightmares when we throw his backfield game into the mix. What bugs me about ur cynicism is that it's not off-the-mark. A healthy Unger will improve the overall OL play, but the extremely poor passpro from both guard spots will remain an issue all season long. Not sure if we'd lose much by putting Bowie at cement-shoe Carp's spot once Breno comes back.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
hawker84":1loevbqt said:
hawkfannj":1loevbqt said:
We keep thinking harvin is the savior and our O will be just so great well if we can't block worth a crap it won't matter.

agree 100% ... not going to do didly getting him back when the pass protection is this weak.. probably see more screens though.

I'd say "not going to do didly" is exaggerating just a bit, but I get the point. He will improve us overall, but the OL's present state will limit much of what he brings.

BobinLaConner

Reaction score
when is Percy likely to be back? I thought he tweeted about week 7, but then it's all up to his hip healing (and the coaches)

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
bobincovington":14txocd4 said:
when is Percy likely to be back? I thought he tweeted about week 7, but then it's all up to his hip healing (and the coaches)

Status quo. He tweeted "keep your eye on week 7" Then you hear the non-comittal comments from PC about him being pleased with his progress and "appears" to be ahead of schedule.

keasley45

Reaction score
I thought for a while that Percy might be what this team needs. But i don't think this is something one guy is going to be able to fix. Moreover, i'm beginning to wonder how well Harvin is going to deal with those instances when he's open and Russ doesn't see him or overthrows him (I'm a Wilson fan so dont go flaming me for the criticism). I get the sense from watching the receivers reaction after some plays that there's a little frustration at times at the ball not getting to them on time, accurately, or at all. Our current group is pretty close knit and you dont ever hear any chatter about a guy not getting the ball or better play needing to come from the QB. Is Harvin going to be that even keeled? Not sure but i know he's much more fiery than anyone we've got on the offense. Might be an issue if we cant get things 'clicking' before he comes back.

dan2314

Reaction score
well i mean, the o-line hasnt been great the last few weeks, but its not like this is the starters and it is close to being as good as its going to be.. it should get better. max and breno should be back soon, and hopefully russ towards the end of the season. so it should improve.
now im not going to say ive watched a whole lot of the vikings, but my understanding of percy is that he is an incredibly quick player, who gets a lot of short quick throws and uses his speed to make big plays, and gets the ball in the backfield every now and then too. isnt that the ideal fix to a line not doing the best job? getting the ball out fast, and letting players win one on one? it should absolutely help. and its not like we are in such a bad position to start even without fielding anything close to a full side yet. 4-1 with 2 wins on the road, a fairly good schedule coming up, and a home field advantage that makes the team look unbeatable at home.. ill take that at this point of the season.

themunn

Reaction score
Yes, Wilson absolutely rocketed that ball at Lynch, when he was wide open. I put it on Wilson completely, as Lynch turned his head as the ball was hitting him

HawkMeat

Reaction score
keasley45":3brdumu9 said:
I thought for a while that Percy might be what this team needs. But i don't think this is something one guy is going to be able to fix. Moreover, i'm beginning to wonder how well Harvin is going to deal with those instances when he's open and Russ doesn't see him or overthrows him (I'm a Wilson fan so dont go flaming me for the criticism). I get the sense from watching the receivers reaction after some plays that there's a little frustration at times at the ball not getting to them on time, accurately, or at all. Our current group is pretty close knit and you dont ever hear any chatter about a guy not getting the ball or better play needing to come from the QB. Is Harvin going to be that even keeled? Not sure but i know he's much more fiery than anyone we've got on the offense. Might be an issue if we cant get things 'clicking' before he comes back.

I've thought of this regarding Percy and his ultra competitive natue. I think Wilson's personality may be a good fit for that though.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Ok so the ball was thrown too hard for Lynch a non receiver to catch. That's on Russ then but the question here is would Harvin have caught that ball? He won't fix all our issues but I still think just having Harvin out there will slow the pass rush a bit.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
I chalk it up to adrenaline. RW saw that play but was too quick with the throw because he felt pressure. Same with the overthrow to Tate where RW was scrambling. He saw that play developing but was too eager to make the play.