Percy Gets Annoyed

Shock2k

Reaction score
Anyone notice when the LB caught him from behind he looked back, realized it was an LB, and shook his head in disgust.

Percy is just all fire.

Love it.

gargantual

Reaction score
I'm almost starting to think the O and D are gonna be competing this year to see who's more dominant! That's what a force Percy is and what he adds to our offensive attack.

I'm starting to drool...

Mick063

Reaction score
Every forum I read has written off Percy. "Because he will be on injured reserve shortly, we won't have to worry about him when Seattle plays us."

Never mind that Seattle won home field advantage with Percy missing 99% of the season, or that Seattle drafted wide receivers for insurance, or that Russell has had time to refine his game with this receiver group. Percy will go down and Seattle's offense will immediately suck.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
The hilarious part to me is that everybody deems Percy to be injury prone because of this last year but outside of that one injury he really has not been. He had a non injury illness/migraines that were corrected early in his NFL career that didn't actually keep him out of more than a game or 2. In fact, he only missed like 3 games in 3 yrs in the league prior.

So, let 'em keep banking on those injury prone prayers of theirs......they be in for some rude awakenings.

Davehawk

Reaction score
I can't blame people for thinking Percy will get hurt, he does have an injury history.
We all hope he stays healthy, but it's not that crazy to think he could get hurt.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Davehawk":jc9cndaz said:
I can't blame people for thinking Percy will get hurt, he does have an injury history.
We all hope he stays healthy, but it's not that crazy to think he could get hurt.
The point being that he's no more susceptible to injury than anyone else... yet opposing fans believe that he is.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hey remember those days at Seahawks.net like... 8 months ago... that openly called Percy Harvin a waste and said we should cut him and that the Vikings robbed us on that deal.

Those were fun days. :lol:

A healthy Percy Harvin makes this offense a Top 10 unit without question, and arguably a Top 5. He changes the game on his own. His athleticism is THAT incredible. I know this Bears defense we just faced is roughly the equivalent of one in the Big XII, but Harvin is absolutely electric.

Again.. what do you do as a defense, when Russell Wilson comes out in the gun with Marshawn Lynch right beside him and Percy Harvin in the slot? Just wait until Paul Richardson starts being used with his over the top speed and every defense in the league will collectively poop on themselves.

We're known for our defense and rightfully so, but I think the offense is about to make some headlines this season. If #11 can stay healthy.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Davehawk":2vjrv4bu said:
Not that crazy to think that ANY player could get hurt.
Injury history doesn't mean a thing, unless it's a reoccurring injury, that hasn't had the proper time to fully heal.
I look at it this way....IF Schneider, Carroll, Bevel and the like have shown their belief and support, I'm assuming that THEY of all people would know if he's 100% healthy, and can produce, or that he's an injury that's just looking for a place to happen.
Those that flout him as being "injury prone", don't have an inside track on the know, they are just wishful thinking, and nothing more.
Stay thirsty my friend. :thirishdrinkers:

hawk45

Reaction score
Injury history does mean something, but hoo boy is Percy ever the biggest game changer in the NFL on offense bar none. Look if Percy stays healthy it's another ring probably, and that's not hyperbole to any of us who've seen how easy the offense is with him out there even if he doesn't get near the ball.

We pretty much hoisted the trophy without him last year although that return in the 2nd half of the big one was pretty sweet. Also who knows if our offense is quite as awesome against Denver without him, and on that basis alone the Percy signing is a win. Now that we have a ring I'm happy, I can sit back and enjoy what he does when he's out there and hope to be giddy if he stays on the field. That man on the field for us is a fan's wet dream.

rigelian

Reaction score
Whether an injury history means anything depends on the type of injury. Chronic knee problems, multiple concussions would be the type of injuries that would concern me. A hip surgery and an ankle injury (unless its seems chronic like Okung's) not so much.

OP
OP
Shock2k

Shock2k

Reaction score
From what I've seen of Percy's injuries through his career he gets injured because he is always seeking out contact (if he wasn't a 60 mil contract, I bet he could convince Carroll too play gunner on special teams). Last Season he just got head hunted in two of the games (Saints and Saints), and he admitted he still felt 60%.

But part of the reason is he's so great is because he's so fearless, so I think you just have to take one with the other. He will hit a guy out of bounds if that guy looks like he's challenging him (Sherman, and most recently in his kickoff return i the Bears game).

That "don't back down" attitude gains him some serious YAC along with his Ariel Atom like acceleration.

In the back of my mind I don't think I will see him for all 16 games. And in my mind, that's OK, because we have a phenomenal receiving core right now, with a phenomenal quarterback.

DynoHawk

Reaction score
I noticed that when it happened. Looked like he thought the had the TD, looked back and saw that Mr. Briggs caught him.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":nalses49 said:
Davehawk":nalses49 said:
The point being that he's no more susceptible to injury than anyone else... yet opposing fans believe that he is.

I would say a player with a history of being injured is more susceptible to being injured again more than a player with no injury history..............just ask Sam Bradford.

I know we love Percy, and we should, but the criticism is valid. Dude has a hard time staying on the field due to how hard he plays. It's up to him to prove people wrong.

sutz

Reaction score
Code:
CAREER STATS
SEASON	TEAM G	GS	REC	YDS	AVG	LONG	TD	ATT	YDS	AVG	LNG	TD	FUM	LOST
2013	SEA	1	0	1	17	17	17	0	--	--	--	--	--	--	--
2012	MIN	9	8	62	677	10.9	45	3	22	96	4.4	20	1	2	1
2011	MIN	16	14	87	967	11.1	52T	6	52	345	6.6	39	2	2	2
2010	MIN	14	13	71	868	12.2	53T	5	18	107	5.9	17T	1	1	1
2009	MIN	15	8	60	790	13.2	51T	6	15	135	9	35	0	1	0

It's been said before. From 2009-11 he was no more injured than any other average player.

Last season, he had surgery for a long term injury/situation he'd been fighting since HS IIRC.

I'm not that worried. You can't play scared. :229031_shrug:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
sutz":32r4hpty said:
It's been said before. From 2009-11 he was no more injured than any other average player.

I read a book in college for a Business Management class called "How to Lie with Statistics." Your statement here is a textbook example of what the book talked about, that you can word any statistical argument to fall in line with your opinion using only the statistics that cater to your argument.

You can't cite a source, then discount the two years that Percy missed the most games, that's an incomplete statistic. Dude missed 22 games in the past two years, I'd say that's a significant counter argument to "he's just like any other player." He's not until he rips off another fully healthy season or two, then and only then will the criticisms subside.

kjreid

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2eqestya said:
sutz":2eqestya said:

I read a book in college for a Business Management class called "How to Lie with Statistics." Your statement here is a textbook example of what the book talked about, that you can word any statistical argument to fall in line with your opinion using only the statistics that cater to your argument.

You can't cite a source, then discount the two years that Percy missed the most games, that's an incomplete statistic. Dude missed 22 games in the past two years, I'd say that's a significant counter argument to "he's just like any other player." He's not until he rips off another fully healthy season or two, then and only then will the criticisms subside.

Or you can look at it as one injury/recovery that spanned the last 7 games of the 2012 season through the 2013, because his rehab of the 2012 IR stint really was the impetus to the off season hip injury suffered in 2013. either way this year will be a big one and he played 16 games for two years before having an injury/rehab that virtually took him out of half of 2012 and most of 2013.

Latest posts