Penny updates his recovery progress

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Largent80":2sbes20z said:
GeekHawk":2sbes20z said:
Largent80":2sbes20z said:
No to an FA RB, we've been down that road, and we have a plethora of draft picks AND the DL needs to be fixed in free agency.

Maybe we should trade for one? We've been down that road as well, and got Beastmode...

Yes I understand that was a rare gift. I'm mostly kidding.

We have bigger fish to fry than RB.....See DL

I think we're really close on DL (please God let us get Clowney back!), and I think we're way further away on OL. I see so many teams where no matter what the opposition does on D, the OL just makes them look ineffective and stupid. I long for that to happen for us once again. I haven't seen that since the halcyon days of Holmgren.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
xray":3tic4zza said:
hawksfansinceday1":3tic4zza said:
Milehighhawk":3tic4zza said:
xray":3tic4zza said:
Many players with that injury are never 100% again . He wasn't a #1 caliber RB when he was 100% . Prosise will most likely be gone next season ; so I look for Travis Homer to be the #2 RB . The Hawks will pick up another RB or 2 in the draft and in FA . Hopefully they avoid taking a RB in the draft before the 3rd or 4th round again .

I don't get this take. Penny was just starting to come on really strong and, in my opinion, prove he was a #1. If Homer is our #2 next year, we won't be going very far. Homer is a weak #3 option at best.
Let me explain it for you:
This guy never liked Penny. He ripped him constantly and he would like to see him fail.
As for Travis Homer being the number two back, if that happens we'll have pretty much no run game. Homer is a fine special team player and a change of pace third down type at best in the NFL. Agree with Appy, He was definitely good value for where he was drafted but he is not a number two running back in the NFL.
Penny will never be a starter in this league ; and if he does I hope it's on another team . Carson please :?:

This must be a troll post. I have rarely seen such empty and un-backed opinions on this board, and I hope that's not what this community is coming to.

A starter is exactly what Penny was starting to look like before he was injured. When he started ripping off tough runs in the middle that made people think it was Carson, that's when you knew he was turning the corner. Here's to a speedy recovery.

OP
OP
H

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2f42h64m said:
xray":2f42h64m said:
hawksfansinceday1":2f42h64m said:
Milehighhawk":2f42h64m said:
I don't get this take. Penny was just starting to come on really strong and, in my opinion, prove he was a #1. If Homer is our #2 next year, we won't be going very far. Homer is a weak #3 option at best.
Let me explain it for you:
This guy never liked Penny. He ripped him constantly and he would like to see him fail.
As for Travis Homer being the number two back, if that happens we'll have pretty much no run game. Homer is a fine special team player and a change of pace third down type at best in the NFL. Agree with Appy, He was definitely good value for where he was drafted but he is not a number two running back in the NFL.
Penny will never be a starter in this league ; and if he does I hope it's on another team . Carson please :?:

This must be a troll post. I have rarely seen such empty and un-backed opinions on this board, and I hope that's not what this community is coming to.

A starter is exactly what Penny was starting to look like before he was injured. When he started ripping off tough runs in the middle that made people think it was Carson, that's when you knew he was turning the corner. Here's to a speedy recovery.
No Montana, it's not a troll post. The guy has literally ripped Penny for the last year even once he really began to run hard and run well and he's not alone (looking at you JayhawkMike) And yes, the main forum has deteriorated to this type of stuff man.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This fasination w/refusing to give a player credit, all because you don't like him is so strange.
I will never understand it. Being wrong about a player is a GOOD THING if it helps your team. People just decide someone sucks and/or they don't like them and no matter what the player does, they refuse to give credit. :?
Penny clearly has the skills to contribute big time to this team. In fact, had him and Carson not been injured, there is a VERY good chance this team makes the NFC Championship.

Reaction score
If Penny could come back to the from he was before he got injured that would be great. I don't get the Penny hate I think he's a better back than Carson imo He just needs the touches. I don't get all the Penny Hate. Maybe he should change his last name to He Hate Me..

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2yqt1c6j said:
Better than Carson? Um...…...no
Carson fumbles to much he should of got yanked out of most of those games. Carson might run yarder but Penny gets yards just as good. He just doesn't get the opportunity, IF we lose Carson next year and Penny comes back fully healthy I would be totally fine with it. Penny has almost a full yard better average and is threat to take to the house, Last time I checked they are running behind the same crap line. So um........yes.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Agree to disagree. Carson is a much better all around back. And I like Penny. It's good to have TWO good backs.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Carson's injury wasn't all that serious Well have him back. If Penny get's well by mid season that will be great. In the meantime I thought Beast showed off decent skills to end this season. Still blocks and catches well. Showed good power in short yardage. Maybe he would come back to fill in and be part of the team. Seemed like he really enjoyed the chance to be a mentor for the younger guys. Doubt he would expect top $. We sure could use the extra money to beef up the lines and make life easier for our RBs.
Bring back the Beast!

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":4xawgyfm said:
Agree to disagree. Carson is a much better all around back. And I like Penny. It's good to have TWO good backs.
Well said Brother well said! :irishdrinkers:

sutz

Reaction score
Appyhawk":329hrfbo said:
Carson's injury wasn't all that serious Well have him back. If Penny get's well by mid season that will be great. In the meantime I thought Beast showed off decent skills to end this season. Still blocks and catches well. Showed good power in short yardage. Maybe he would come back to fill in and be part of the team. Seemed like he really enjoyed the chance to be a mentor for the younger guys. Doubt he would expect top $. We sure could use the extra money to beef up the lines and make life easier for our RBs.
Bring back the Beast!
I don't think so. Beast was hoping he had a short path to a new ring. Doubt he wants to come back as a "fill in" role. Besides, we need some new young blood to back up the Carson/Penny team. Homer isn't really ready for a full time role and we need some horses in the stable.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I think Beast would like to come back for late season games only...
We do need a new RB to replace Mr.Glass..
I think there is one out of ND for this draft ..He has the size.
I only want TE's,OL and S from ND.

olyfan63

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3uj2aizt said:
-snip-

TRUTH. The couple games before Penny's injury, there were a few runs where at first I thought it was Carson running up the middle, only to see Penny's 20 getting up from the pile instead of Carson's 32. Granted, there were maybe a handful or two of those plays, but the fact that Penny's inside running could EVER be mistaken for a Carson run was a huge, huge step for Penny.

It's just so silly to debate Carson vs. Penny vs. whomever. Love Carson. Carson, and the team, need to have other capable back(s) to share the load with. Carson's physical running style is a severe pounding on his body. To have Carson available in crunch time and playoffs, Pete needs to be able to limit his workload by having other excellent options available and in the mix. Penny had finally "arrived", and then just like that, we lost him.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I don't think our RB situation is as good as people think. Carson and Penny have quite an extensive injury history between the two of them.

I also don't think Penny is that great as a player. He seems to struggle with the little procedural stuff. Wilson is constantly having to direct him on the field. Reminds me a little of Christine Micheal in this way. He's had a few good games, but a lot of really bad games mixed in there. He's elusive in the open field but he hesitates too much at the LOS. I don't think he would be a good bell cow back --- plus even with his limited reps he's suffered quite a few injuries. Both Carson and Penny are injury liabilities at this point. We should look to pick up another back as a contingency.

Latest posts