Penny updates his recovery progress

xray

Reaction score
Many players with that injury are never 100% again . He wasn't a #1 caliber RB when he was 100% . Prosise will most likely be gone next season ; so I look for Travis Homer to be the #2 RB . The Hawks will pick up another RB or 2 in the draft and in FA . Hopefully they avoid taking a RB in the draft before the 3rd or 4th round again .

Largent80

Reaction score
Penny will be fine. ACL tears are NOT as bad as they used to be.

As far as the draft I would LOVE McFarland or Edwards-Helaire.

sutz

Reaction score
Largent80":dvzuk9cr said:
Penny will be fine. ACL tears are NOT as bad as they used to be.

As far as the draft I would LOVE McFarland or Edwards-Helaire.
Obviously, every case is distinct, but yes, success and recovery rates are much better than they were when Curt Warner went down.

I'll take the good news that he is progressing.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
xray":2wcvn38p said:
Many players with that injury are never 100% again . He wasn't a #1 caliber RB when he was 100% . Prosise will most likely be gone next season ; so I look for Travis Homer to be the #2 RB . The Hawks will pick up another RB or 2 in the draft and in FA . Hopefully they avoid taking a RB in the draft before the 3rd or 4th round again .

I don't get this take. Penny was just starting to come on really strong and, in my opinion, prove he was a #1. If Homer is our #2 next year, we won't be going very far. Homer is a weak #3 option at best.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I don't think it's fair to criticize Homer for the state of affairs our O Line was in when he got his number called. Given the circumstance he turned out to be a great value. What was he, rd6 or 7? We lost 2 good backs behind the same line Homer couldn't rack up huge yardage behind. He earned his keep.

Largent80

Reaction score
Great to hear he is already on a bike. He'll be ahead of schedule and he's never had a major injury.

I still think the Hawks will draft an RB, and this is a very decent class. If they want a good one the 2 I mentioned would fit like a glove in this offense.

sutz

Reaction score
Largent80":rhz1854h said:
Great to hear he is already on a bike. He'll be ahead of schedule and he's never had a major injury.

I still think the Hawks will draft an RB, and this is a very decent class. If they want a good one the 2 I mentioned would fit like a glove in this offense.
Agreed. Can't see them skipping the RB class this year. Assuming Prosise is done and with Penny in extended rehab, it would be foolish to NOT pick at least one RB.

Largent80

Reaction score
Prosise we simply didn't see anything...Buh-Bye

[youtube]mCbYC8bRjb8[/youtube]

[youtube]VWJH9xGN8G0[/youtube]

OP
OP
H

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":1jkd7qi3 said:
xray":1jkd7qi3 said:

I don't get this take. Penny was just starting to come on really strong and, in my opinion, prove he was a #1. If Homer is our #2 next year, we won't be going very far. Homer is a weak #3 option at best.
Let me explain it for you:
This guy never liked Penny. He ripped him constantly and he would like to see him fail.
As for Travis Homer being the number two back, if that happens we'll have pretty much no run game. Homer is a fine special team player and a change of pace third down type at best in the NFL. Agree with Appy, He was definitely good value for where he was drafted but he is not a number two running back in the NFL.

Largent80

Reaction score
jammerhawk":277fkpn2 said:
I don't expect much from Penny until mid-season.

Which would be exactly when we need him and is the reason we need to get one of those 2 I showed everyone.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
If he wasnt outrageously expensive would anyone be tempted by Ekeler from the Chargers? He seems to be the type of player they were hoping Prosise was going to be. The FO might like adding a known prospect into the mix?

OP
OP
H

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":11cugyun said:
If he wasnt outrageously expensive would anyone be tempted by Ekeler from the Chargers? He seems to be the type of player they were hoping Prosise was going to be. The FO might like adding a known prospect into the mix?
That would work for me if the price was right. The problem is we need our salary cap space for defense, badly. Because of that I think L80 is closer to how things will play out because I do agree with jammer I don't think Penny's ready till mid-season unfortunately.

Largent80

Reaction score
No to an FA RB, we've been down that road, and we have a plethora of draft picks AND the DL needs to be fixed in free agency.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Largent80":3a7sldv6 said:
No to an FA RB, we've been down that road, and we have a plethora of draft picks AND the DL needs to be fixed in free agency.

Maybe we should trade for one? We've been down that road as well, and got Beastmode...

Yes I understand that was a rare gift. I'm mostly kidding.

Largent80

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1gxxx4si said:
Largent80":1gxxx4si said:

Maybe we should trade for one? We've been down that road as well, and got Beastmode...

Yes I understand that was a rare gift. I'm mostly kidding.

We have bigger fish to fry than RB.....See DL

xray

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1v8hyf86 said:
Milehighhawk":1v8hyf86 said:
xray":1v8hyf86 said:

Let me explain it for you:
This guy never liked Penny. He ripped him constantly and he would like to see him fail.
As for Travis Homer being the number two back, if that happens we'll have pretty much no run game. Homer is a fine special team player and a change of pace third down type at best in the NFL. Agree with Appy, He was definitely good value for where he was drafted but he is not a number two running back in the NFL.
Penny will never be a starter in this league ; and if he does I hope it's on another team . Carson please :?:

Hendo66

Reaction score
Carson isn't the most reliable back either. Love the guy but with his running style and the pound this teams pound the rock philosophy he's always going to be an injury risk. RB should be a pretty big priority.