Overall best QBs by team

JPPT1974

Reaction score
Just really think that you shouldn't go into the league unless not just physically but emotionally and mentally ready. That is what killed Mark Sanchez and to a lesser degree Sam Darnold.

Mick063

Reaction score
And if they don't, it's because they evaluated the hell out of him and not because they watched some YouTube highlights and read about the Combine.
As if the video was intended for the coaching staff. It wasn't. Like I said, they aren't that stupid. It was intended for you and your fellow Richardson fans. So, what am I trying to accomplish then? I'm trying to head off the inevitable board melt down at the pass. A preemptive strike for all of the "Pete and John blew it because they didn't draft Richardson" posts on draft day. So, in a way, I have already accomplished some of that goal. At least I have you accepting the fact that Pete and John did their due diligence. It is a start. Now if they took him at #20? I could certainly live with that. Not my first choice, but I could live with it. Because that is probably closer to what is relative value (with respect to boom/bust risk) is.

Last edited:

Jac

Reaction score
As if the video was intended for the coaching staff. It wasn't. Like I said, they aren't that stupid. It was intended for you and your fellow Richardson fans. So, what am I trying to accomplish then? I'm trying to head off the inevitable board melt down at the pass. A preemptive strike for all of the "Pete and John blew it because they didn't draft Richardson" posts on draft day. So, in a way, I have already accomplished some of that goal. At least I have you accepting the fact that Pete and John did their due diligence. It is a start. Now if they took him at #20? I could certainly live with that. Not my first choice, but I could live with it. Because that is probably closer to what is relative value (with respect to boom/bust risk) is.
Your post doesn't make any sense. You can't have Richardson at #20. The draft doesn't work that way. And you're not acknowledging that he's an option they're considering at #5. He absolutely is. And last, you're not trying to do the board any favors. You're digging in your heels that you're in Schneider's head and know he absolutely isn't considering this. Schneider is likely weighing Richardson, Levis, Stroud, Anderson, Wilson, potentially Witherspoon, and a trade down. The QBs are there because if they pan out, they have a hugely outsized effect on team success.

haroldseattle

Reaction score
Taking a QB with pick #5 is a consideration if they like a QB still on the board. No one knows if Geno's play last year was a rebirth at age 32 or an outlier. The last 5 games of last season should at least give those who take it for granted it was a rebirth some pause. Ideally, Geno will play well, but it is not a given. While Geno has a low cap hit this season, it triples next season, so if last season was an outlier, don't be surprised if he loses his starting job before the end of the season. At this time last year, NO ONE thought Geno was anything but a stopgap at QB and the conversation was about who could the Seahawks find to upgrade the QB corp.

I have no idea of what the Seahawks are going to do this draft, they have a history of surprising the fans with previous drafts so I'm bracing myself for whatever. Personally, I would love to have Stroud fall into the Seahawk's lap and if they go defense I prefer either Tyree Wilson or Will Anderson. Besides the #5 pick, the Seahawks have a lot of draft capital and the entire draft will have me on pins and needles. Glad the draft is right around the corner.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
While I generally agree with the bolded statement, I believe Aaron Donald proved he can single-handedly alter games. Reggie White, Warren Sapp, Ray Lewis, Lawrence Taylor, are some of the others had game altering impact and who weren't QBs.
I never said that other players cannot impact the game. What I did say is QB is the highest impact position. Even a player of Aaron Donald's caliber does not have as much impact on the game as a competent QB. It's slanted that way even further with the way the modern NFL is.

sc85sis

Reaction score
You are right, he didn't want Sanchez to leave, and wasn't him leaving the reason that Matt had to start as a freshman?
Yep, though Aaron Corp was who most expected to start initially because he was a RS sophomore.

jeremiah

Reaction score
It's much, much better for first round picks, but yeah, QBs are a gamble anywhere. Listing a few late round QBs, which make up a tiny percentage of those drafted in that range doesnt mean much.

You mentioned Tom Brady. Now list the 6th round picks who didnt work out. Itll be a slightly larger list. Heck, I'll get you started by listing the ones since 2000:
Jake Luton
Gardner Minshew
Trace McSorley
Luke Falk
Tanner Lee
Brad Kayaa
Nate Sudfeld
Jake Rudock
Brandon Allen
Jeff Driskel
Zach Mettenberger
David Fales
Keith Wenning
Tajh Boyd
Garrett Gilbert
Ryan Lindley
Rusty Smith
Dan LeFevour
Joe Webb
Tony Pike
Tom Brandstater
Mike Teel
Keith Null
Curtis Painter
Colt Brennan
Andre Woodson
Jordan Palmer
Reggie McNeal
Bruce Gradkowski
Derek Anderson
Andy Hall
Josh Harris
Jim Sorgi
Jeff Smoker
Drew Henson
Brooks Bollinger
Kliff Kingsbury
JT O’Sullivan
Steve Bellisari
Josh Booty
Josh Heupel
Spergeon Wynn
Tom Husak
JaJuan Seider

So, all that compared to just Brady and Marc Bulger, both which were over 20 years ago.

I'm not saying they're never found later, just that it's unwise statistically to plan on getting one later.
Derek Anderson didn't get a fair shot, Brooks Bollinger is my nephew.... he didn't have it.. It has a lot to do with the coaching, and patience. Aaron Rodgers may not have been good without the sitting and learning part... You have to teach, and allow mistakes... it is the only way unless you get a RW or a Peyton Manning out of the gate.